Big Brother is not something we will be having attend at our event

A lot of people take the mickey about me going to events, posting on facebook etc. and some of those who do actually are a bit envious that I have met some of the stars i have.

I never really bought that 'jealousy' thing. Why would anyone feel jealous you met a guest? Especially when you had to pay for it and they could easily have attended the con?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work at a school and nobody there seems to take the mickey out of it. They go to concerts to see their favourite musicians, I go to these conventions to meet my favourite actors. Most of them just wonder how i manage to attend an event what seems to be every other week. One member of staff there has become really interested in it, didn't know they existed and that the attendance numbers were so high.

So as I understand it...the 'other folks' have had some bother from being filmed by a media company?

Well, whilst I disagree with some of that company's business practices...they do run conventions that people enjoy and those ones should be allowed to enjoy them with no fear of public ridicule. I feel for any fans who go to all the time and trouble (not to mention expense) of cosplaying only to be labeled as some kind of soft-head loony. Also, by association anyone who goes to a convention also.

It just goes to show the kind of mentality we are talking about, to lump affectionate fans, that have some drive and enthusiasm and creativity to them, in with the usual, predictable, shallow, empty vacuously vain non-entities that would audition for BB to begin with.

I mean C5? I ask you. Do they have any decent programming on anymore/at all, bar CSI, LAW&ORDER and THE MENTALIST?

Sorry to all the cosplayers that might have been put off by this...please do not give up...the colourful and artistically recreated costumes from various shows are just one of the many vital as well as eye-catching things about a good con event.

Thank you SM for saying "NO"

Edited by SlippDigby

Channel 5 is trash, as is Big Brother and the kind of people who find Big Brother entertaining are for the most part - NOT ALL - but a lot of, the people who ridicule people like us/the fans who are into sci-fi.

Besides... how can a waste of space like Channel 5 call anyone sad when they run a highly interesting and entertaining I'm sure programme about a handful of people who have nothing better to do than spend umpteen weeks locked in a house whilst the nation watches them go about their eating, sleeping and pooping?!

TBF that's as judging as them on you/us.

I love Big Brother, you might view it "trash" but I watch it every year and find it interesting, I'm also obsessed with doctor who, go to rNb grime dance clubs, like football and the guy im seeing writes for the mirror, all of which might contradict one another to stereotype someone

No one should be pigeon holed and the whole point of SM not allowing BB @ LFCC is to prove that, just cus someone cosplays it doesn't make them an "oddball" or a "geek" in the same sense someone who watches big brother isn't mind less or idiotic.

Edited by Talie

...I love Big Brother, you might view it "trash" but I watch it every year and find it interesting, I'm also obsessed with doctor who, go to rNb grime dance clubs, like football and the guy im seeing writes for the mirror, all of which might contradict one another to stereotype someone....

And there in lays the difference...you like watching it.

This is a world away from the vapid propellerheads that actually want to be in it!

To want to watch a thing is not the same as wanting to appear in it. I suspect that a lot of folks look at BB as "trash" because that is all that the programme seems to attract...it's gone too far beyond the 'social experiment' it was billed as originally to the point now where everyone, EVERYONE, has some sort of agenda or idea of a media career or contract at the end of it. Of course it is going to attract the talentless no-hope-rs that think that they are the funniest/brightest/gifted/important (delete where required - you get the idea) nobodies this side of the English Channel.

BB has become a show about the ridicule of the helplessly/hopelessly delusional. Jason was totally correct to say no to it.

This is a world away from the vapid propellerheads that actually want to be in it!

To want to watch a thing is not the same as wanting to appear in it. I suspect that a lot of folks look at BB as "trash" because that is all that the programme seems to attract...it's gone too far beyond the 'social experiment' it was billed as originally to the point now where everyone, EVERYONE, has some sort of agenda or idea of a media career or contract at the end of it. Of course it is going to attract the talentless no-hope-rs that think that they are the funniest/brightest/gifted/important (delete where required - you get the idea) nobodies this side of the English Channel.

BB has become a show about the ridicule of the helplessly/hopelessly delusional. Jason was totally correct to say no to it.

TBH I got to like the fourth/fifth round years ago/ lol

the one back in london last november had marcus there lol my sis got a photo with him and autograph..... he charged £5 pound for it lmao............... TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TBH I got to like the fourth/fifth round years ago/ lol

Wow, really? I knew someone in it a few years back too. :D

iv known some one that has been in the big brother house too lol

I've had a family member go in to the house and I can vouch for the not right in the head Ness of her. I've also seen two ex work mates go in to the house onevery sain and one who was the most vain person I have ever met every single person I've met at a convention has been a thousand times more interesting than any of them . But i still wouldn't want to give anyone the chance to belittle one of us or all of us for the sake of tv

This is why I love you guys and your cons. You actually care about your attendees. You set decent prices, make sure we get to do every guest we want, eliminate pointless day long queuing and love and respect us :)

This love and respect creates the fun community that we have at these cons. Familiar faces are greeted with hugs and smiles event after event. Here we are the cool kids and nothing will try to squish that due to you guys ensuring that. Thank you :lol:

And so say all of us.