Gold ticket holder question

hey guys, i bought a gold ticket back in december and im wondering if having a goild ticket means i dont have to pre buy photo and autographs online before the date. I just noticed that the Karen Gillan photo ops are selling fast and im just wondering if a gold ticket holder can just turn up on the day with the money for one even if they have already sold out online before the event.

Many thanks

danny

• Moderators

Autographs are never pre-sold as they can't guarantee getting one. I don't know about sold-out photoshoots, but to be honest I'd imagine that if they were completely sold out, even gold ticket holders would be out of luck. (I may be wrong on that though. As far as I'm aware photo-ops selling out online before the event almost never happens, so it doesn't come up much)

I have another question on a similar subject. I ordered a Gold Pass and a ticket for the Karen Gillan photo shoot. In the post today, I received the photo shoot ticket, but no mention of the gold pass, and the money has been taken from my account for the gold pass and the photo shoot ticket.

It's been a while since I had a gold pass and I can't remember if I get a letter confirming this or not. I do have an email confirming the gold pass purchase though.

Thank you for your help with this!

I have another question on a similar subject. I ordered a Gold Pass and a ticket for the Karen Gillan photo shoot. In the post today, I received the photo shoot ticket, but no mention of the gold pass, and the money has been taken from my account for the gold pass and the photo shoot ticket.

It's been a while since I had a gold pass and I can't remember if I get a letter confirming this or not. I do have an email confirming the gold pass purchase though.

Thank you for your help with this!

I have never had a Gold Pass myself but I believe that a few days after the payment you should receive an e-mail detailing what you need to do next, i.e. with regards to providing a photo for the pass etc.

I would wait a bit longer and if you have not had a reply then e-mail Hazel, info@collectormania.com , quoting your order number.

I have never had a Gold Pass myself but I believe that a few days after the payment you should receive an e-mail detailing what you need to do next, i.e. with regards to providing a photo for the pass etc.

I would wait a bit longer and if you have not had a reply then e-mail Hazel, info@collectormania.com , quoting your order number.

Yes, that's right. There should be an e-mail coming, or possibly it got caught in spam. Not the actual order confirmation from the store (that's probably the e-mail you refer too, right?), but a separete e-mail with instructions.

quick question also about gold passes by having the gold pass dose this mean you go to front for all photoshoots no matter what number ticket u have?
Correct, you do.

thats cool then i can hold off buying some photoshoots for the sunday untill i get there then :)

thx

I want a golden pass lol but damn there expensive

Aren't they just but seriously considering it as I can probably only go on saturday and am interested in meeting quite a few guests who I think will be very popular and without it there's no guarantee I'll get round everyone in the one day. Especially adding in some photoshoots, so the ability to join any queue, be first in photoshoot queues and having somewhere to chill out and rest is very tempting.

But looking at a lot of money adding photoshoots and autographs on top. I can afford it but don't want to spend more than I have to. Decisions, decisions :YAHOO:

I've always managed to meet everyone I've wanted to before without one as I'm quite happy to wait all day when you sometimes get open queues late on but just have a feeling it's going to be difficult this time, especially if more interesting guests are added. Plus it includes the friday preview which sounds like it might be interesting.

Best not leave it too long to decide though.

I want a golden pass lol but damn there expensive

They are, yes. I was thinking about getting one this year, but can't afford it, being currently unemployed, so I plan to start saving after this event and get one for next year :D

Sorry, another daft question. I understand all talks are included in the price of the Gold ticket correct? For example the Karen Gillan one that's been announced. Do you then just join the queue of any you want to attend or do you still need to collect an actual ticket from somewhere?

Sorry, another daft question. I understand all talks are included in the price of the Gold ticket correct? For example the Karen Gillan one that's been announced. Do you then just join the queue of any you want to attend or do you still need to collect an actual ticket from somewhere?
As far as I am aware, you just queue up.

As far as I am aware, you just queue up.

Cheers. The Gold ticket is sounding like a strong possibility as I think I'm going to have quite a lot to try and get through what with Karen, Christoher Lloyd, Sir Derek Jacobi, Lea Thompson, Sean Maher, Walter Koenig and at least one or two others on my list to try and meet, and who knows if anyone else will be announced plus any talks and probably photoshoots.

It's a lot to pay out up front with all the added expense of photoshoots and the autographs to add but if you save a bit on paid talks too that certainly helps, as does being able to join any queue and you get some autos too. Would save a lot of time though as I can probably only go saturday (and maybe the friday).

Normally there's only a small number of guests that appeal to me and I can get round quite easily during the day but there's more this time and I expect some of them are going to be quite popular.

Are seats numbered for the talks, as I thought Karens you were seated best seats for earlier purchase? If so, do gold pass holders just push us back and how will it work if you don't know know how many want to attend the talk?

Are seats numbered for the talks, as I thought Karens you were seated best seats for earlier purchase? If so, do gold pass holders just push us back and how will it work if you don't know know how many want to attend the talk?
I believe that it is numbered seating for the talks. Gold ticket holders are seated in the first few rows, with everybody else seated behind them. I would imagine that the allocation of Gold seats will be based on how many Gold tickets there are in total.

Edit: From memory I think I was about 4-6 rows back in the talks with Patrick Stewart and William Shatner at previous LFCC events. I was in the first non-Gold row on both occasions.

Edited by 1of2

Went for gold as it actually works out cheaper for me. Hotel £130 per night, plus food. Add to that the £25 that I would have paid out for the Karen Gillan talk and I'm actually saving money.

Only drawback is that I have to get up at 4AM to catch the train to London and probably won't get back home until 10PM.

Long day, but think it will be worth it.

Well call me mad but for the very first time I've just bought a gold pass and a load of photoshoots. Ouch.

I think it'll just help me be less stressed in the time I'll have available knowing I can join queues at any time, whiz through the photoshoots and enjoy the talks.

Just the actual autos and any merch to save up for.

No I'll agonise if I've done the right thing. Lol :D

Edited by Rockstar6662