Game of Thrones Con?

sasari

With the explosion and popularity of the show not to mention all us hardcore book fans I'm sure there'd be enough interest in this. It'd be amazing if George could make it too along with some of the stars of the show.

What does everyone think?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This would seem to make sense to me. Firstly it's getting over 1m viewers in the UK for every episode (which may not sound a lot, but it's massive for a subscription channel and is more than double the ratings of their next highest show!) Secondly, a LOT of the cast are UK based, meaning the costs for bringing the stars to the event would be less than for US shows. I think it would make sense to bring a couple of the stars to signing events first, to gauge the popularity, then book a full event (once filming has ended on Season 2).

It's filming in Ireland so even if it is still filming, it should (hopefully) be possible to get cast members over for signing events. It's the best show on tv at the moment, I would love to meet the cast and hear them talk about their experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not simply have the con in Belfast? The fact that I live in Northern Ireland has no bearing on this whatsoever :D

If you live in NI and are a GOT fan there is a local group that meet up to do GOT things (location visits etc) ..... google is your friend :)

Edited by Farqhuarbeedlebum

• 2 weeks later...