Favorite Memories!

So i know i post alot of random topics on this forum....but the Glasgow event is close to my heart and i like to keep it going, even with my nonsense.

I was wondering.

We are a few years in on this event now and i love it!!!!

Every year i moan about guest etc buts its all part of the fun. Last year i moaned and then Paul Freeman was announced and i became mute!

Love the event, i travel to the others but Glasgow is home.

So back to the topic......what stands out for you.....Ernie Hudson was the one from me......he's a Ghostbuster afterall.....god i loved meeting that guy and his talk was sweet....he basically said Bill Murray was a butthead

Tell me your stories...the guest you loved, the cosplay you loved or that sweet collectors item you found....

Go on....make a Goodie happy with a bit of chat.....

Favourite memories :

John Rhys Davies telling some spellbound kids how you deal with downing an Auk with a double edged axe. Riveting stuff !

Discussing the purchase by Liverpool of Spurs' Robbie Keane with Doug Bradley (Hellraiser - Liverpool fan) and Marina Sirtis (Star Trek Next Gen - Spurs fan)

Finally meeting one of my favourite Scottish actors - James Cosmo

Doctor Who talk involving Nicholas Courtney, John Leeson and Katy Manning

Warwick Davies standing beside a very large Stormtrooper in full costume.

Edited by enrohm1963

Favourite memories :

John Rhys Davies telling some spellbound kids how you deal with downing an Auk with a double edged axe. Riveting stuff !

Ahhhhh love it!

I missed the year John Rhys Davis Gutted!

He's one of my wanted due to Indiana Jones.

Katy Manning was going to adopt me. I was Lara-ing and she was soo cute xD. She kept saying "oh my gosh where is your jacket you must be so cold"

Then like 3pm..I put a cardigan on and she literally jumped out of her chair, bounded over to me and gave me a huge hug.

Bless her heart, seriously. Much love to her. <3.

Get her back plz?

Katy Manning was going to adopt me. I was Lara-ing and she was soo cute xD. She kept saying "oh my gosh where is your jacket you must be so cold"

Then like 3pm..I put a cardigan on and she literally jumped out of her chair, bounded over to me and gave me a huge hug.

Bless her heart, seriously. Much love to her. <3.

Get her back plz?

LOL I remeber this well i was with Katy both days she was awesome!

This is lame, but my favourite memory of Collectormania is meeting Peter Davidson - it was amazing, he was my first Doctor, so it was great.

My second favourite memory is given a talk about my movie, that was a lot of fun, especially getting Mark to sing his Lord of the Rings musical!

This is lame, but my favourite memory of Collectormania is meeting Peter Davidson - it was amazing, he was my first Doctor, so it was great.
That's not lame at all. I completely understand. He was the first Doctor I met as well, albeit at Collectormania Milton Keynes. Rather appropriately - he was my Doctor.

I have so many favourite memories from all of the ones I attended, but my fondest if very embarrassing has to be when I met Dirk Benedict. :D

I was reduced to a blithering stumbling wreck and could hardly form words. I got red faced and started actually bowing and grovelling to him when I received my autographs! :P

He gave me an extra autograph for my support unit which was extremely generous of him! A true kind Gentleman who is very professional.

Also at the photo shoot he was hugging me so tightly, I was sure he could feel me shaking with excitement LOL!! :P

Good times!! And would love him to come back! LOL! :P

Squeeking at Tony Head and having him laugh and squeek back at me. I'm sure I ment to say somthing but who knows what. The photo I now have on my wall with him makes me smile every time.

Also Robert Picardo I kept grinning like mad and he kept asking me why I was so happy when the world was in economic crisis. I couldnt get it out that he was the reason :)

My favorite memories are of meeting Robert Englund,John Rhys Davies,Gareth David Loyd and Kenny Baker at the first convention i was really nervous but excited waiting in the cues to meet them as it was the first ever con i had been too i didnt know what to expect but they were really really nice and i never thought i would ever meet Robert englund :)My other favorite memory is of meeting Nicholas Brendon he was great and of meeting and getting my photo taken with Ernie Hudson and Marina Sirtris :thumbup:

She still allowed me to get a photo taken with her even though her time was up and she still remebered my name from earlier and i was starstruck with Ernie Hudson as the crow is one of my fave movies of all time and talking to him about it and Brandon Lee and having him sign my crow book was amazing :)also meeting Dirk Benedict he was really funny and Amber Benson she was really nice so was Kai Owen,Robert Picardo,David Prowse,Ian Whyte,Peter Davison,Sylvester Mcoy,Juliet Landu,Jermey Bulloch,James Cosmo

and Dominic Keatiting :)it was also great meeting Craig Charles he loved my long leather coat lol ,Chris Barrie and Danny John Jules it was funny talking to him for 10mins about Big Brother lol :)also meeting Caroline Munro was great she was lovely talking to her about working with Peter Cushing and Doug McClure was nice :)also meeting the cosplayers and the fantastic stalls and the Night is Day cast and crew was brillant :)cant wait till august :thumbup:

My favourite memories are mostly to do with meeting you lot as opposed to the celeb guests - Of the celebs, Robert Englund was charming as hell; Doug Bradley's rendition of the Dead Parrot sketch in Pinhead's voice will stay with me til the day I die; Jeremy Bulloch is always a class act, and him coming to say hi to me blew a few synapses :).

Morgan winning the Cosplay contest with her "They mostly come at night... mostly!" then walking off and giving me a "HI DAD!" as I sit in the judging panel had me cringing at the time, but is a hilarious memory ( I took no part in the judging of the junior entrants, after Morgan entered in order to boost numbers a bit! The other judges loved her tho! )

I had the honour of presenting William Hope ( "Gorman" )with the Aliens Legacy Gold Award a few years ago, and am very proud of that - He was chuffed to bits.

Meeting Raven et al, and seeing her SQUEEEE when she held the Galactica blaster from my collection was great - Seeing how pleased a certain Lara Croftplayer was when I gave her some Tomb Raider goodies was cool too!

Generally, seeing people's reactions to my collection is awesome. I wouldn't have it were it not for the opportunities I get to share it with others, so... yeah.

DJing the party a few years back, when one of my hard drives failed as soon as it was set up, and I had to resort to iPhone Youtube streams for certain requests - Tense? DJing? Never.... ( If anyone needed any buttons made that night, I was yer man! ) and as always, I get a MASSIVE kick out of folk enjoying my DJ sets.

tl:dr - "Conventions for the WIN!"