Question in relation to quantity of guests.....

Just a quick question as I'm currently trying to work on budget for the convention, booking flights and accomodation etc...

There were about 65 Film & TV guests at last years C:MK and so far there are about 33 Film & TV guests announced, 13of whom I'm looking to meet.

Can we expect there to be a similiar number this year? (my bank manager is curious :thumbup: )

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

All depends on budget, availability of guests etc. You'd have to look far deeper into the whole lineup than simply an overall guest number.

After all, looking back at certain events where we've had a lot of reunions like Star Wars, with many first timer UK based guests .. I'm sure we could get 20 of them for the price of one high-profile US guest at least!

So a simple comparison isn't really reflective of anything.

In this case though I think quality is winning. Last year I met 11 people, and this year i'm planning to meet 18, and it's costing me a lot more, so personally i'm hoping for no more guests to be announced!

Same with LFCC, last year I met 8 people...this year i'm meeting 20 :-/

All depends on budget, availability of guests etc. You'd have to look far deeper into the whole lineup than simply an overall guest number.

After all, looking back at certain events where we've had a lot of reunions like Star Wars, with many first timer UK based guests .. I'm sure we could get 20 of them for the price of one high-profile US guest at least!

So a simple comparison isn't really reflective of anything.

Plus the first one I went to(C7) had about 43 classic series Doctor Who guests alone. That was a killer

Edited by JacknDaniel

I'm only meeting 5-6 people so far (not counting any other guests that have not yet been announced that I might want to see)

Its not many compared to some on here, but considering I have got a lot of the autographs I wanted, already, its actually a lot for me.

Last time I went I think I only saw 3 people that was it.

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

• Moderators

Plus the first one I went to(C6) had about 43 classic series Doctor Who guests alone. That was a killer

Ouch :hathor:

Luckily I don't think there's ever been a reunion of anything I collect too much - Who, Star Wars etc. I think I'd be poor by now if I collected them!

Tell me about it, i've not really been into many of the reunions, I think Blake's 7 and that initial Doctor Who one were the only ones I went for. They're just the kind of people i'll always make the most of everytime they come. Hence why LFCC this year is looking so expensive. I've met the likes of Sophie Aldred and Louise Jameson dozens of times, but i'll always have a DVD or something I'd like signed so I still don't like taking for granted the fact i'm getting to meet these people i've loved my whole life