Will I cause offense? Cosplay related...

I would steer well clear. I seem to remember some sort of Diamond/Jewellry trade show running at Earls Court over the same weekend as LFACC a few years ago.

It seemed to me that a very high proporation of the people attending the Jewellry show were Jewish. I wouldn't like to imagine what would happen if there was a similar event running again over the same weekend and someone was walking round wearing a Swastika, no matter what the context.

Id say steer clear of it, in the confines of a cosplay area if its a character from a show perhaps, PERHAPS, BUT outside of a specific confined cosplay area its a Deff NO NO, IMO, and I dont see why any cosplayer would want to cosplay with a swatstica tshirt?

though TBH for me Id still advise ppl shouldnt EVER be wearing such signs of EVIL, hatred & genocide outside of re-creation for tv/films/documentaries or in museums. IMO

though TBH for me Id still advise ppl shouldnt EVER be wearing such signs of EVIL, hatred & genocide outside of re-creation for tv/films/documentaries or in museums. IMO
The origin of the symbol, and meaning, pre-dates by a few thousand years what it is (unfortunately) most commonly known for now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4183467.stm

Edited by 1of2

The origin of the symbol, and meaning, pre-dates by a few thousand years what it is (unfortunately) most commonly known for now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4183467.stm

yer I know that

I think you answered your own question with the header. if you think, or are unsure, it will cause offence then don't do it.

Although the swastika is only banned in Germany and Austria, there are still a number of people who lived through the horrors of the war that are still alive today, who, although they might not find it offensive, will certainly be upset by it.

Hell , why not do it have a laugh and cause some contraversy. People are too easily offended and its just a symbol after all. It horrifies me when i see parents taking thier children to church and when jewish people mutilate their childs genitals but i have to keep quiet and let it happen. I say do it, it wont cause any harm. What are you dressing up as anyway?

• Showmasters Admin

I'm going to close this thread as I believe the simple answer is YES...

I think with almost 100% certainty you're going to find someone (at an event with around 20,000 attendees per day) that will find it offensive!

It's now your personal decision if you still do it or not.