What to eat Food Ideas

Lally03

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time we just brought junk food with us. But to be honest by the time you've had your fill on a late Hilton Brekkie, and "liberated" some extra danish/bagel/rolls/jam pots/nutella etc for snacks, i found I just had a quick snack at dinner time. That was it.

But this time ive got the Cous Cous, which seems popular. Mug Shot (noodle soup things in a mug) ryvita to dip in them, jelly pots and some fruit. Think thats about it.

Also just of of the NEC, literally a 2 min drive from the Hilton is a 2 for £10 pub/restaurant. I know that some people don't leave the hotel all weekend, or don't drive - but I drive, and I have to pay for the car park for the full time, if you ask for a ticket from reception then they will add the car park to your room and give you a ticket so that you can get in and out over the weekend. Just means that you can have a proper mean one evening instead of burger and chips or pot noodles.

I usually go on a Sunday night, and I have plenty of room in my car if anyone fancies coming on Sunday night?

Hi, thanks for all the amazing suggestions guys!! :D

will def have to give the instant cous cous a try,

unfortunatley i am not in the hilton, this time due to my boss bein and a*se (only told me i could have the friday to monday off 2 weeks ago) i couldnt book till last minute so had to book into the ibis hotel, haven;t got breakfast included so no chances of grabbing some for later, Which is a shame i particulary liked the tiny sachets of nutella the hilton had at ET4

It really sucks that the Hilton doesn't have mini fridges in their rooms :unsure: would make life so much easier!

But they do! They're called balconies :P It's usually so cold outside people use them as fridges! Or if I remember rightly, Tiff filled their sink with cold water and put lettuces in there during Proms?

If you go over to the NEC and nothing's open get the shuttle from there through to B'ham airport. Tkes about 15 mins from hotel, they have subway, Burger king, WHSmiths, Prezzo, Costa coffee nd everything else you find there before going through to departures. Plus BK vouchers on the B'ham airport website =] 20% off!

A suggestion I will make is not to eat in the NEC wetherspoons, the food is awful. The Airport one is much nicer and cheaper too and only a little further away.

Obviously you have Subway in the NEC then the airport has loads of places including a Burger King

We had loads of 50% off vouchers for Dominoes..they run out on the 13th though :/

Me too how annoying eh? :D

also... not sure if it's the case for you guys, but you might find those vounchers only work at your local branch, i know mine only do wolverhampton

It really sucks that the Hilton doesn't have mini fridges in their rooms :D would make life so much easier!

But they do! They're called balconies :D It's usually so cold outside people use them as fridges! Or if I remember rightly, Tiff filled their sink with cold water and put lettuces in there during Proms?

Lettuce? Lovely and what not but that's a lot to go through for lettuce :D

It really sucks that the Hilton doesn't have mini fridges in their rooms :D would make life so much easier!

But they do! They're called balconies :D It's usually so cold outside people use them as fridges! Or if I remember rightly, Tiff filled their sink with cold water and put lettuces in there during Proms?

Ray I think someone got a picture of that, it was hilarious. The bath had loads of stuff floating in it. Also putting stuff in the balconies works but just remember to bring them in first thing in the morning if the sun rises on that side.

Don't mention fire alarms :D 8.30 Monday morning after ET4 I nearly died anyway I generally live off crap these weekends hilton breakkie then nothing but wine on Friday evening, Dominoes on Sat and whatever's lying about on Sun :) Fish Fingers? I can't see that ending well! :)

Yup 8.30 on the Monday clearly they wanted us up and out! :D

That and then at just after 10 a lady knocked on my door and asked if I'd checked out yet and I was like well Id have a hard job standing in my room if I'd checked out wouldn't I!

It really sucks that the Hilton doesn't have mini fridges in their rooms :blink: would make life so much easier! I normally buy bread, butter, jam (cause it doesn't need to be refrigerated :YAHOO: ) urm crisps, chocolatey things, big bottles of coke, bottled water for throughout the day, pot noodles...other snacks...so yeah I'm no help really :YAHOO: ET5 food court for meee!

HI JUST TO LET YOU NO JAM, BUTTER AND FLORA DOSE NOT NEED TO BE IN FRIGERATED IF YOU GET THEM AT BREKFAST. I LIVED IN A CARAVAN FOR A SHORT TIME AND DIDN'T HAVE A FRIDGE HOPE THAT HELPS