next guest coming soon

showmasters

et4 was my first con, i didn't know what to expect with all the guests dropping out i was looking forward to it, but it surprises you, the replacement guests and less-famous cast like leah gibson, she was amazing one of the sweetest girls ever!. I think everyone needs to stop moaning about it because they could have something amazing planned and you just dont know,pestering thems not going to do anything, when they say a guests coming soon, they will be i mean come on when have they been wrong about guest line ups ? :thumbup:, rant over, et5 will be amazing no matter the line up!, just have to wait 20 days to find out :)

Sorry but I think a lot of people are missing the point, I don't really think anyone is unhappy with the guests we have, I'm sure everyone is looking forward to meeting them.

If ME had something amazing for us already they would have announced it as it would encourage ticket sales. They likely have something amazing in the works but can't confirm yet due to waiting on signed contracts etc.....

People need to stop telling other people to just enjoy it and it will all work out, there are people on here who are worried about the amount of money they have spent/will spend on a con which they were told would have 6 guests (with hints that the bigger guests may attend), yes BD is filming right now but at the last ET con I think people were told that ME weren't worried about guests in Feb as they had spoken to Summitt.

The reality is we are now less than 3 weeks away from the event and need 2 further guest announcements who this to be worthwhile financially etc.. for people who have purchased the more expensive tickets.

I for one think ME do a great job under difficult circumstances but people must still be allowed to express their concerns.

I am sure it will be a wonderful weekend but stop telling people how to feel.

Well said!! Been down this route before but like you mentioned, people seem to miss the point.

Providing people aren't offensive, they should be able to say whatever they want or comment on how they feel.

It really does get quite frustrating seeing people constantly being told to stop moaning about the guests and just come anyway. Nobody has actually moaned about or criticised the current guests at all.

Reality is, life doesnt work that way. People cant just go for the sake of having a fun weekend. A lot of people go to meet the guests, they are the core point of con after all.

Without guests its just a weekend long party and most people cant afford to fork out hundreds of pounds for a social gathering.

^^^^that!! I have gone silver thinking there will be 6 guests to make it worthwhile for photos etc, if 6 guests dont come I am basically out of pocket, as i dont care where i sit in talks. its all about meeting the guests for me!

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

et4 was my first con, i didn't know what to expect with all the guests dropping out i was looking forward to it, but it surprises you, the replacement guests and less-famous cast like leah gibson, she was amazing one of the sweetest girls ever!. I think everyone needs to stop moaning about it because they could have something amazing planned and you just dont know,pestering thems not going to do anything, when they say a guests coming soon, they will be i mean come on when have they been wrong about guest line ups ? :YAHOO:, rant over, et5 will be amazing no matter the line up!, just have to wait 20 days to find out :)

Sorry but I think a lot of people are missing the point, I don't really think anyone is unhappy with the guests we have, I'm sure everyone is looking forward to meeting them.

If ME had something amazing for us already they would have announced it as it would encourage ticket sales. They likely have something amazing in the works but can't confirm yet due to waiting on signed contracts etc.....

People need to stop telling other people to just enjoy it and it will all work out, there are people on here who are worried about the amount of money they have spent/will spend on a con which they were told would have 6 guests (with hints that the bigger guests may attend), yes BD is filming right now but at the last ET con I think people were told that ME weren't worried about guests in Feb as they had spoken to Summitt.

The reality is we are now less than 3 weeks away from the event and need 2 further guest announcements who this to be worthwhile financially etc.. for people who have purchased the more expensive tickets.

I for one think ME do a great job under difficult circumstances but people must still be allowed to express their concerns.

I am sure it will be a wonderful weekend but stop telling people how to feel.

Well said!! Been down this route before but like you mentioned, people seem to miss the point.

Providing people aren't offensive, they should be able to say whatever they want or comment on how they feel.

It really does get quite frustrating seeing people constantly being told to stop moaning about the guests and just come anyway. Nobody has actually moaned about or criticised the current guests at all.

Reality is, life doesnt work that way. People cant just go for the sake of having a fun weekend. A lot of people go to meet the guests, they are the core point of con after all.

Without guests its just a weekend long party and most people cant afford to fork out hundreds of pounds for a social gathering.

^^^^that!! I have gone silver thinking there will be 6 guests to make it worthwhile for photos etc, if 6 guests dont come I am basically out of pocket, as i dont care where i sit in talks. its all about meeting the guests for me!

okay people are free to say whatever then i say Patinence is a virtue Not to be rude but you are complaining about something not happenin (not having a 6 guest line up) before you actually know the final line up, why dont you wait to hear back from the outcome of the 2 guests already in the pipeline,

Hi guys, I am really sorry, I know people are patiently waiting.

Yes, we do understand that people can express their opinions on here freely, if we felt anybody had taken something to far, we would edit, but I dont feel anyone has.

I just dont want people to get cross with each other while they are waiting for the next guest announcement. There is such a great atmosphere at the ET cons, that would be a real shame.

If anybody has any problems or queries, there are a fair few mods, and we are all happy to help where we can.

As for the guest announcements, we do really just have to be patient, they will come, Massive Events are waiting just as much as we are. Its true that some people are able to relax and not worry about who the guests will be and others worry more, thats just human nature, I am glad we are all different though, would be very boring otherwise lol

I do understand the amount of money people have spent out, and you have paid to see guests and the whole weekend package, that is very true.

Massive Events are working hard on guests and havent let us down yet.

If we can all just be understanding of each others concerns that would help

Not long guys! Cant wait! But feel free to ask and if I can help I will :D

Not to be rude but you are complaining about something not happenin (not having a 6 guest line up) before you actually know the final line up, why dont you wait to hear back from the outcome of the 2 guests already in the pipeline,

Probably because they were rather revved up by being told that the next guest would be announced "soon", 13 days ago. "the next guest for Eternal Twilight 5 will be going up soon". Not "hope to announce", "aiming to", "planning to", "subject to...." - a simple "will be".

I can understand the excitement of the organisers as plans take shape, and wanting to communicate that to the attendees and potential attendees (who can be quite a demanding crowd!), but they really need to be more careful what they write; too often they leave themselves no "wiggle room" and end up with their previous statements doing them no favours.

from your sentenceTommy, I am sorry, but I am really not sure if you are supporting anybody.

You have managed to criticise both attendees of ET and ME themselves in one breath. :D

All on this forum are fans of Twilight and want to go to a fun con with Twilight guests being the focus of the weekend, the friends they (and indeed I) make while waiting for the con to happen and during are a bonus.

Everybody will be impatient at the moment waiting for news, both ME and the forum users, but impatience is born from excitement, and as long as people are not critical of each other on here and therefore causing anyone upset, then I dont think it is a problem.

It will be a fab con, ET always is :D

Not to be rude but you are complaining about something not happenin (not having a 6 guest line up) before you actually know the final line up, why dont you wait to hear back from the outcome of the 2 guests already in the pipeline,

Probably because they were rather revved up by being told that the next guest would be announced "soon", 13 days ago. "the next guest for Eternal Twilight 5 will be going up soon". Not "hope to announce", "aiming to", "planning to", "subject to...." - a simple "will be".

I can understand the excitement of the organisers as plans take shape, and wanting to communicate that to the attendees and potential attendees (who can be quite a demanding crowd!), but they really need to be more careful what they write; too often they leave themselves no "wiggle room" and end up with their previous statements doing them no favours.

i think that's what the problem here is... it was the thread with the word soon, if the thread hadn't been posted nearly 2 weeks ago people wouldn't be all in a tizzy now, we would probably still have the odd comment here and there but once they said soon people started getting all excited then when a week went past people have gotten frustrated and now it's nearly 2 weeks and people are confused and genuinely worried. I think SM would of been better off just waiting till they had their definite yes so they wouldn't be stuck nearly 2 weeks later with everyone panicking and getting a little tense with each other.

It's understandable that people are annoyed. A thread was posted a wee while ago suggesting that a guest announcement would be made in the near future (ie soon) BUT there is no use moaning about it. When the guests are announced does not effect the weekend you're going to have.

The guests are an added bonus to these events. Trust me, there are plenty of events similar to Eternal Twilight that go on that have no guests at all..it's just people meeting up with similar interests.

I happen to know that there is an Adam Ant convention which happens every year without fail, they have never had Adam or any of his ants attend but people go and have an amazing time because they aren't expecting anything.

I think thats half the trouble with these conventions..Showmasters manages to get ace guests most of the time and because of that, when they can't quite keep up to their normal standards (not my opinion just going by what some folk have said) people automatically jump on them because their expectations are too high.

It's understandable that people are annoyed. A thread was posted a wee while ago suggesting that a guest announcement would be made in the near future (ie soon) BUT there is no use moaning about it. When the guests are announced does not effect the weekend you're going to have.

The guests are an added bonus to these events. Trust me, there are plenty of events similar to Eternal Twilight that go on that have no guests at all..it's just people meeting up with similar interests.

I happen to know that there is an Adam Ant convention which happens every year without fail, they have never had Adam or any of his ants attend but people go and have an amazing time because they aren't expecting anything.

I think thats half the trouble with these conventions..Showmasters manages to get ace guests most of the time and because of that, when they can't quite keep up to their normal standards (not my opinion just going by what some folk have said) people automatically jump on them because their expectations are too high.

I wouldn't fork out hundreds of pounds to attend a Twilight convention without any guests, I could just invite friends over for the weekend and hold the event in my house for free. The guests aren't an added bonus to most people, just a minority. Good for you guys if you can afford to pay a small fortune, to spend the weekend with your friends and see the guests as a bonus but most of us can't.

Our expectations are only high because we have been told by SM/ME that they trying to get the bigger names that lots of us are asking for.

I wouldn't fork out hundreds of pounds to attend a Twilight convention without any guests, I could just invite friends over for the weekend and hold the event in my house for free. The guests aren't an added bonus to most people, just a minority. Good for you guys if you can afford to pay a small fortune, to spend the weekend with your friends and see the guests as a bonus but most of us can't.

Our expectations are only high because we have been told by SM/ME that they trying to get the bigger names that lots of us are asking for.

I have to agree! The guests are not an added bonus at all, I wouldn't pay out to attend if there were no guests because there is no way I could afford it.

from your sentenceTommy, I am sorry, but I am really not sure if you are supporting anybody.

I didn't realise I was supposed to be. And anyway, "supporting" does smack a little of factionalism and taking sides, which is what I thought we were generally keen to avoid. I was just calling it as I see it.

You have managed to criticise both attendees of ET and ME themselves in one breath. ^_^

Gosh, I am good, aren't I? :D My criticism of ME is one I've made on several occasions over a number of years. They occasionally set themselves up for a fall by breathily giving expectations and then failing to live up to them. On those occasions it often leads to discontent and disappointment and bad feeling. The concern might well be that one day somebody, perhaps with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement and an offended soul, will set a lawyer on them. Case may well not stand up, but could still cost a considerable amount of legal fees and hassle to make it go away. In the meantime it's just a case of annoying people, unnnecessarily in my opinion. Doesn't need to be done, and like I say, I've said it before.

As for criticising ET attendees, the suggestion that they are at times quite a demanding bunch is, if not a direct quote, certainly a paraphrase of one of your fellow mods a few months back - and I meant it in the same light-hearted way as I perceived the original mod's comment. I apologise to any ET attendee who was genuinely offended.

Exactly, 'soon' has a different meaning for different people. To me it will soon be Easter!

I would respectfully suggest that in the context of an event happening from 18th-20th Feb, which is how the word was used, "soon" does not mean Easter to anybody.

It seems to me that it is the feeling of at least some people here that the use of the word "soon" on 17th January referring to an event starting 32 days later, meant a time period rather shorter than the 13 days that have already elapsed. I can have some sympathy with that view. Would have been nice to avoid the controversy.

nope, not saying you have to take sides, just saying how it read to me. As an ET attendee, I didnt like being labelled as demanding either. The large number of ET attendees that I have met really make the weekend fun for me. :D and there are a few on this forum and some I am chatting to on Facebook that havent made it to the con yet that I am also looking forward to meeting :D

We will get guest announcements soon, as you say, the Con is not long, so guest announcements have to be before then. And yes, "soon" can be a dangerous word to use, but I dont think you could ever get anything to stand up in court where timescale and that word are concerned.

But soon for me could be a couple of days away to a couple of weeks away (I appreciate it has been 13 days and I really do sympathise with those who have purchased or hope to purchase tickets for this con).

It will mean that people are eager to find out the guests and we have seen they are disappointed as to not hearing yet, but the majority know that they will hear and the announcements will be before the show.

But it was fun having those suprise guests at ET4 :D

I am looking forward to seeing who the guests will be too. ;)

Edit - apologies for the missing letters every now and then, it seems the PC Doctor didnt fix everything on my laptop ^_^

Edited by Rhianydd

As regards to the first paragraph: here here, finally a bit of understanding.

nope, not saying you have to take sides, just saying how it read to me. As an ET attendee, I didnt like being labelled as demanding either

Well if it read to you like I was taking sides but you couldn't work out whose, then I'll take that as I wasn't actually taking anybody's side, and all is well. As for being labelled as demanding, you've had my apology in my previous post. I take it that you can raise the issue with your fellow mod out of the public eye.

We will get guest announcements soon, as you say, the Con is not long, so guest announcements have to be before then. And yes, "soon" can be a dangerous word to use, but I dont think you could ever get anything to stand up in court where timescale and that word are concerned.

I never said it would, I just said it could be an unwanted and perhaps expensive, hassle. And since I was talking about expectations in general, I was more thinking about "there will be 6 or more guests for ET 5" as being more of a hostage to fortune. Obviously that won't be a problem when two more guests appear, but I was concerned when i saw another of your fellow mods trying to say that six guests wasn't a guarantee. Might not have intended to be one, but could very well be read as one. Still, that will be a moot point when the next two guests finally confirm.

TT has said that ME are in talks to book those two more guests. So that is what is planned but as to if/when etc then obviously I am waiting as much as everyone else on here, so cant comment on that. I see what you mean, but it still says on the website further guests to be announced soon, they havent said there arent going to be anymore.

I will read back to see what you mean about raising issues with fellow mods, but that too could be nothing more than not having seen every comment on the forums. It is a mammoth task trying to help out everywhere on here, answer queries etc and thankfully there are a few of us, because it would be impossible for one person, but it does mean that we dont see everything. When this happens, then yes we apologise for having missed something.

Especially for those of us that werent around in the early days, there is so much about the past shows that I dont know, but I just concentrate on the upcoming shows and slowly learn about the past shows as I go on.

I guess I would prefer to see the positive side of things, and for this have been labelled sycophantic in the past, which wasnt nice, but thats just me, I would rather see the best side of someone/something than the worst, and I hate to see people quarrelling in the threads when people just want to express their opinions, so yes, when that happens I will say something, which then makes me the bad guy, c'est la vie. :YAHOO:

I think a lot of concerns over guest updates/etc arise purely out of how people interpret the wording of things. People can and do over analyze the wording. I do it myself sometimes.

I believe it was me who commented on the six guests/promise comments. You are correct, even though I don't think it was intended as a promise for the reason I gave, it could be interpreted that way by some.

As for 'demanding'...I think that all of us attendees a demanding to an extent :YAHOO:

Edit: By the way. I am not putting in these extra lines/gaps. They just appear. I'm not going to remove them this time!!

Edited by 1of2

I will read back to see what you mean about raising issues with fellow mods, but that too could be nothing more than not having seen every comment on the forums

I was merely suggesting that if a random faceless user like myself caused you displeasure by labelling Twilight fans as quite demanding on occasion, then presumably you would be rather more upset at such a label being used by one of your fellow mods and show crew. (I'm guessing that yes, you didn't see the post. And I did think it was good-humoured.)

ps rather than taking over this thread, you are welcome to contact me on facebook

It's a kind offer, but given Zuckerberg's historic and continued dubious concern for privacy, there's no way I would enter any of my details into Facebook (nor swell his user numbers by creating an account with spurious details). Still. I think we're done.

I'm not here to join in with the arguments....

BUT....

No, I'm kidding, I'm really not.

23iuvj6.gif

I'd just like to say that I am SUPER excited about the convention. I've not met any of the four confirmed guests and was looking forward to meeting both Jodelle and Alex at ET4 - so having them for ET5 is awesome for me. I'm excited about the guests, the beautiful venue... but you know what?

I am looking forward to seeing all my friends. My great girls who I MET through the Eternal Twilight conventions - who have proven to be some of the BEST friends I've ever had and definitely some of the most incredible people I have ever met. I talk to these ladies almost every day and I can't wait to get together with them all and have some drinks and SHARE OUR PASSION for Twilight.

I will admit that I have struggled to get the money together for ET5, I've gone silver this time, and we are staying in the Hilton... but it is going to be worth every single penny. I'm a mother of two small children, and these events are basically my FREEDOM - where I get to be ME... Gem, EternallyCullen... that bird with the fanfics... whoever YOU think I am - and not just "mummy"...

I'll be booking my ET6 tickets as soon as they become available - after all, what are credit cards for eh?

Although I will be jumping around like the thirteen year old fangirl I feel inside when the announcement is made, right now, the guests don't bother me. I love who we have - another one... or two will make my YEAR - I would quite like the surprise. Gil flipping Birmingham was an AMAZING guest at ET4 and Charlie... well, need I say more? Really?

edwardsunglasses.gif

EIGHTEEN DAYS TO GO till an AMAZING WEEKEND!!!!!

I'd better dash and let my kids know mummy exists this morning...

But one more thing...

EIGHTEEN DAYS!!!! :YAHOO:

• Moderators

I think that we can all respect that, while all attendees are brought to this event by a love of Twilight, you each have differing reasons for wanting to purchase a ticket.

So some people will be more impatient about the guest list because that's the main attraction for them. It's great if people have made strong friendships at these events, and that they are now the primary focus. We all started somewhere though, and no doubt the majority were first attracted to an event because of a guest. I know I was.

We're never all going to be the same, but I'm sure we can have that respect between us. Yes, these events do offer far more than the guests, but there's really nothing wrong with having that as what you are most excited about. So let's hope ME get some luck with these, and manage to give those who love guests something to be excited about. We want every single attendee to have a fantastic time.

I'm sure a guest would be announced as soon as the ink is dry.

ME have told us they are working on it and i'm not getting stressed by it, we have 4 guests and I'm excited to meet each of them - anyone else will be a bonus.

Two and a half weeks to go people!!!