Pre LAFCC nerves!!

becky&clare

As the big weekend is getting ever nearer, we were wondering what kind of things do you say to the people you admire when you are standing right in front of them for the first time!! :angel: As it would probably make them feel really uncomfortable if we just stood there staring being overcome with how star struck we are going to be!! :o

Post back any topics for conversation!!! See you there, Becky & Clare XxxxX

My approach (ie the best way):

1. Thank them for attending....this applies to every guest u meet especially the no-names.

2.Either pick out something you have in common with guest (EG I live 5 miles from where John Rhys Davies spent hos time in south Wales, so good and GENUINE converstaional point)

OR

Make a comment about their work plus you could lighten the mood by apologising for your unoriginality in the conversation department, which will in turn trigger guest into an amusing (hopefully)response

3.Kindly ask guest to personalize item or inscribe something but in an 'appreciative-of-their-time' kind of way, which doesn't make you sound so much like a kiss-ass.

If I tried saying anything too complicated I just turn into a bumbling Hugh Grant kind of character.

So I just stick with, I really enjoyed your role in ........... and it has been a pleasure to meet you and would you mind if I took a photo , or something along those lines.

Then thank them loads and stumble away all embarassed thinking, wow did I really just meet .............

Hmmm it's a really spur of the moment thing, to George Takei myself and my dad were talking to him about Scotland (us being from there) and south california, Dom it was about how my mum called Gollum "That ugly bug***" which he then proceeded to sign my poster with, when the Rayment twins...I don't have a clue but was there for ages...

So I was in your position before C4, running around going "omg what do I say to them?!" but just go with the flow when you get there, I just ramble on and had a good laugh with them. Or you could form a tactic like my "I've got a driving test in 2 weeks, could I have a hug for good luck?" ....what it worked well!

*ponderings* one thing I did say to all of them was "hi how are you?" and when leaving I wished them best of luck with the future.

I saw Billy Boyd :blink: at C3 and was taking pictures of him with my long lens camera (got some great pics) he saw me and made a joke about it being "a big one" i was so nervous i didn't know what to say i just stood there looking at him, i felt so stupid. :P But eventually i pulled myself together and said something back, then he carried the conversation, he asked me my name, told me it was pretty and then left for lunch.

Whateva i say i always look back and think oh my god why did i say that?! Lol

I usually shake there hand first and say its nice to meet you, then ask them what there working on at the moment, talk about one of my favorite films they where in and ask them what it was like working with a particular co -star, in Val Kilmers case I want to know what it was like working with Jim Carrey and how the hell did they do any work in the end...Id be laughing too much.

Then ask them to sign the item, take a picture of them signing and then ask them if we could have a photo together.

My mate at C4 was shaking when he met Kristiana and the Matrix twins and was all over the place, but at the end of the day they are human doing a job they love.

My knees did go abit wobbly when i shook Kristianas hand, shes so fit...Lads you know what I mean.

:(:o

Always remember to smile and say hello. You can take the rest from there. Useful icebreakers:

Can you sign this for me please?

I loved you in...

What will we be seeing you in next?

Whats it like working with....

Is this your first visit to....

If you're nervous on the day, just take a deep breath and remember that most celebs are just as much interested in you, as you are in them.

:D

To be honest, I usually start with "Hey dude, how's it goin?"

Sometimes, if I've got something I really want to say (Like I did with Sean Astin at C4, it's a long story), I'll start with, "before I lose the bottle, can I just say..."

Which is quite funny, not many people would look at me and think I'd bottle it!

The Matrix twins, I was talking to for a good 10/15 minutes (they weren't busy,) about martial arts, about how although Keanu was very good, any experienced practioner could tell that there was just *something* missing from his style, that can only really be gained through experience (this is only my opinion, I think they were fantastic fight scenes, but y'know?).

Otherwise, I'll try and ask a question, I know it's probably the same stuff that's been asked thousands of time before, but not by me.

I have to admit though, when I met Michael Sheard at C3, I said "If you'll please excuse my language Mr Sheard, I was sh!t scared of you when I was small," at which he adopted the Mr Bronson character from Grange Hill, made my day that did!

That's why I mentioned the 'no-names'.....the money really IS the only reason they are there, think of it as an inverted irony.

I disagree with you.

Hell, Ive spoke to dozens of guests large and small who come to meet the fans and repay the support. And I genuinely believe them.

I too was scared of Mr Bronson, and I met him at a little charity event a couple of years ago. I said something really stupid (as you do with nerves) and he went into the Mr Bronson routine and I nearly died! Looking back it's one of the more memorable things but at the time...

I do thank the guests for coming, and invariably they thank me back. When I thanked Dom at C4 he stopped signing my picture looked at me, took my hand and thanked me for making the effort! Lij was very similar in response, with Sean I was closer to a giggling idiot (and I'm 34!)

I imagine they're used to a variety of reactions!! :lol:

I disagree with you.

Hell, Ive spoke to dozens of guests large and small who come to meet the fans and repay the support. And I genuinely believe them.

I understand guests thanking us for coming to see them, because well we are paying them! But i very much doubt they would do a signing event for free, or even for a small charge!

I'm going to say to Billy: "Hmm.. a bus?"

Not really :lol:

I haven't got a clue. I planned loads of things to say to Lij, Sean, Dom and Andy at C5 and didn't say any of it. Lij and Dom kinda stumped me at C5 tho', they kinda said they liked my tie and I went to pieces and just babbled on about ties... so now they probably think I'm some tie obsessed freak... and Sean thinks I'm "Mental"... oh the shame...

But Woo... 3 weeks to go!!!! Soo excited!

Stina xx

I don't plan to say anything in advance, just go up be polite get my autograph and a photo, if the guest starts chatting to me then i will talk. But i dont like asking stupid questions, because they get asked the same stuff over and over again.

I don't plan to say anything in advance, just go up be polite get my autograph and a photo, if the guest starts chatting to me then i will talk. But i dont like asking stupid questions, because they get asked the same stuff over and over again.

Good point, I am not planning anything either. Whatever happens, happens.

Hi

Be normal!

The guests are very nice people, just be nice in return. Ask questions, chat and be friendly, they like it all. I do agree that it can be difficult, but go with the flow and you will be fine.

But whatever you do, do NOT ask if they were hot in the costume, it will not go down well!!!

Paul

Needn't really be worried about what to say,because as the others said, you tend to screw it up anyway. When i saw Elijah, he made comments about my pink hair,and then i kind of waffled about it being my birthday in a few days,so he gave me a kiss to shut me up. :rolleyes: