autographica 16

fritzlang

Absolutely no criticism of the organisers intended : let's face it, Auto has always been the only horse in town for meeting multiple astronauts. Personally, having been disappointed 3 (or is it 4?) times in the past, I'm looking forward to meeting Dr Mitchell. But we can still dream and look back to the first few Autos with people like Tereskova, Bykowski, Schweickart, Cunningham etc etc.....

:dance:

Edited by Dave Phillips

Morning everyone.

Well you are correct about one thing.

Most of the Apollo astronauts are well into their eighties now and it is increasingly difficult to persuade them to travel all this way.

However if you look a little more closely you will see.

Ed Mitchell a man who has walked on the moon.

Bruce Melnick Shuttle astronaut

Al Worden CMP Apollo 15

Andy Green a man who is the only one to have hit the sound barrier on land

Pilots to come.

Every show is a struggle to hit the right balance between astronauts and Film and T.V.

i personally don,t think we are doing too bad.

Dave Phillips

I think its a decent mix thus far and I've put my money where my mouth is!

Morning everyone.

Well you are correct about one thing.

Most of the Apollo astronauts are well into their eighties now and it is increasingly difficult to persuade them to travel all this way.

However if you look a little more closely you will see.

Ed Mitchell a man who has walked on the moon.

Bruce Melnick Shuttle astronaut

Al Worden CMP Apollo 15

Andy Green a man who is the only one to have hit the sound barrier on land

Pilots to come.

Every show is a struggle to hit the right balance between astronauts and Film and T.V.

i personally don,t think we are doing too bad.

Dave Phillips

Hi Dave

The line up is good and i know it will get better, this is the only show that has a great cross section of guests for all tastes

1/Ed Mitchell the sixthman to walk on another world, and one of only 12 human beings to do so.

2/ Al Worden apollo 15CMP, this guy has a vast amount of knowledge about space also has walked on the mission, and is a true gent, and again one of a very few select humans who have taken part in the grestest space event of all time.

3/ Andt Green the fastest man on land,

Perhaps some people may be upset about the guest but just those 3 are worth the visit, i have been to all the shows to the conception up until to now and will always be going to them.

Lets not forget Dave said pilots to be announced how can anyone not want to meet Battle Of Brittain pilots and Lancaster bomber pilots without them we would not be able to use this has a platform for our views so roll on next month, i have a VIP pass and i am looking forward to having wine and nibbles with Sue Ellen and the posion dwarf, the man who walked on the moon the man who flew him there , the fastest man on land and the pilots who helped us defeat the nazis.

Paul

The thing is, Paul: there are a lot of people who attend Autographica only because of the astronauts and pilots, and who have absolutely no interest in film stars. Each to his own, I guess, but it's undeniable that the astronauts also attract some of the most interesting trade stands, too: can you imagine the event without the ASF girls :thumbup:

You'll see!

I saw someones pics once, models at autographica, I assume, I HOPE, you mean that, I will be asking for a photo ;-)

really looking forward to my first autographica, I love anything to do with space travel, I love robinhood prince of thieves and I love sexy women no matter the age

Come on now Dufrense you know very well there is a dress code, you're just trying to make Timelord look silly.

It's not overly formal, just make sure your blazer comes from one of the better Saville Row tailors, oh and be sure to wear a matching regimental crest on your blazer pocket with the corresponding tie. You should be OK getting in if you didn't serve in one of the Guards regiments but you might be asked to wait at the back of the queue.

Ideally your Panama hat will have been made in Panama but if you don't have standards then buying one from any good miliners in Marseille will probably suffice.

As for shoes, no real problems there, but I do recall the organisers having to speak quite firmly to some oik who turned up in a pair of brown winkle pickers last time round so best to avoid them.

cheers guys, it just hit me cos alot of the pics ive seen ppl are in suits, just just thought best to ask. didnt want to rock up in jeans and everyone is in a tux lol. its good that jeans are good.

count, lol

not doing the dinner, just the weekend con, gonna get deluxe i think

i am so over the moon with the guest list, come on Tanya Roberts, she is a great Guest, one that never does signings, same with Linda Grey! both great announcements, like other people have said Dave gets great guests, and there is still a bit of time to go for a few moe yet! so I would just keep your eyes peeled and your ears pricked!!

:-)

Hi

I didn't know where to put this and I didn't want to start a new post, but I wanted to say that the information on the main collectormania site is wrong.

It lists this years event at Birmingham

http://www.collectormania.com/

My wife booked us into a hotel in Birmingham as a suprise for us because she checked where it was taking place at the above.

She only found out at another signing last weekend from speaking to someone that it's actually in London and she told me a few days ago she's booked the wrong town (and we can't get down to London)

The main site should be changed.

Regards

Steve