How about some competitions for the board fans?

I read on another posting that someone has spent over £300 on autograph and photo tickets! Thats amazing and im sure every penny would be well spent but im barely able to stump up for one autograph (i got my photoshoot with Shatner though).

Im a huuuuuge movie fan and im getting excited like crazy about this con. But how about some competitions for us hard up fans and users of the board?

Prizes could include:

Autograph/photo tickets

Talk tickets

Getting drawn as a comic book character by a professional

Meet and greet with a star backstage

etc etc

Little competitions could be simple to run and could include anything from naming your wish list guest attendees to designing a new comic book character?

Just an idea, i will be attending and loving it regardless and just wish i had the funds to do more on the day (damn my girlfriend and child spending all my cash!)

There is the auction though?

Again i realise this but its another thing that costs, my point was im skint and gutted i will be on a very small budget during my stay.

This is something that could be run on the board on the build up to the event!

Dont get me wrong everything they are doing is fantastic and im sure as s*&t ill be getting angry letters from my bank manager after the event.

Just thought it would be a nice little thing to do.

Yep, I saw that as well with the £300 mark.

I know that my bank manager will be peed off with me too as with the two photoshoots I have, plus ALL the Autographs I am going to be getting etc etc. I wont be far off from the £200 mark.

The thing is, what we do is because we want to do it, no ones forcing us and nor should they.

Some of us have unlimited funds whilst others manage to get the funds together to do something like this thats - in the case of Sean Young, Mike Tyson etc once in a while.

Our reward should be our compassion.... Yes/No? Tick where applicable.

I read on another posting that someone has spent over £300 on autograph and photo tickets! Thats amazing and im sure every penny would be well spent but im barely able to stump up for one autograph (i got my photoshoot with Shatner though).

Im a huuuuuge movie fan and im getting excited like crazy about this con. But how about some competitions for us hard up fans and users of the board?

Prizes could include:

Autograph/photo tickets

Talk tickets

etc etc

Little competitions could be simple to run and could include anything from naming your wish list guest attendees to designing a new comic book character?

Just an idea, i will be attending and loving it regardless and just wish i had the funds to do more on the day (damn my girlfriend and child spending all my cash!)

Not a bad idea. It could be something that SM could work on maybe, email it to them and see what they say. I doubt that they would be able to pull it off in time for this years LFCC now. But future events...it could work.

As for lacking in funds. Know that feeling mate! Last Nov I lost my job of 13 years. This year, to go to the event and meet the folks we want to see, we have had to scrimp and save like mad things, cutting corners of everything where we could, and we shall enjoy every minute of it, and so will you. It makes you appreciate everything a lot more too.

Prizes could include:

Autograph/photo tickets

Talk tickets

etc etc

But you have your Shatner photoshoot. Really, I don't believe it is about how much money you spend, but the time with your friends that is really important. I bet you'll have a blast anyway.

Really, I don't believe it is about how much money you spend, but the time with your friends that is really important. I bet you'll have a blast anyway.

Yes, exactly so.

And family too. This is time the three of us spend together as a family and we enjoy it. My son loves Dr Who and (thanks to these events) we have been able to share in his enjoyment where he has been able to meet Paul McGann, Colin Baker, Jennie Linden, Nick Courtney Nick Briggs and now soon (the delicious) Elizabeth Sladen.

These SM events (Collectormania MK mainly) are a part of our family time together, which hopefuly he will continue with when he has children of his own.

Really, I don't believe it is about how much money you spend, but the time with your friends that is really important. I bet you'll have a blast anyway.

Yes, exactly so.

And family too. This is time the three of us spend together as a family and we enjoy it. My son loves Dr Who and (thanks to these events) we have been able to share in his enjoyment where he has been able to meet Paul McGann, Colin Baker, Jennie Linden, Nick Courtney Nick Briggs and now soon (the delicious) Elizabeth Sladen.

These SM events (Collectormania MK mainly) are a part of our family time together, which hopefuly he will continue with when he has children of his own.

As I don't have much family, it is about the lads having a great weekend. CM:MK was expensive, but we also helped with getting a friend a couple of autographs and taking my sister there for the first time. Great moments.

We have never been to a bad event. It was not always because of the guests but the friends, the stalls (I love looking at stuff like that), the people who dress up. Seeing Klingons and Cylons walking around is great. We have gone before and had little money but enjoyed it so much.

We have a small competition going, it's a limited edition print inspired by Bladerunner, but I guess I can't promote on the board. Would be good to have a dealer section again (we're new to this so wasn't aware of one in the past).

Bad news is it closes end of today.

(This post may also not be allowed so mods delete if need be)

We have a small competition going, it's a limited edition print inspired by Bladerunner, but I guess I can't promote on the board. Would be good to have a dealer section again (we're new to this so wasn't aware of one in the past).

Bad news is it closes end of today.

(This post may also not be allowed so mods delete if need be)

How do we enter? where are details located?

Sorry sandler, like woody has already said he can't promote on this board.

The only dealers allowed to post here are the show sponsors. So he can't post details, we'll have to delete them.

If woody contacts SM for an exception they might make one, but if the competition is ending today that's going to be probably too short notice.

Sorry sandler, like woody has already said he can't promote on this board.

The only dealers allowed to post here are the show sponsors. So he can't post details, we'll have to delete them.

If woody contacts SM for an exception they might make one, but if the competition is ending today that's going to be probably too short notice.

Ah thats cool, figured would be the case. Looking forward to Saturday already woo hoooo