Guest cancellation - Bill Sienkiewicz

That's a shame.

Though when you look on the front page of the forum, it says "Guest cancellation - Bill S..." and that scared me :D

WAH! That scared the bejeezus out of me too LOL

But yeah, still a shame to not have Sienkiewicz coming - I would have loved talking to him and possibly getting him to sketch out something :P

We are sorry to say that Bill can no longer attend LFCC. We look forward to seeing him at another event some time in the near future.

well, there goes my reason to attend.

seriously.

I hope you guys can replace him with someone else of the same calibre as, apart from Greg Rucka, none of your other comic guests fit the bill and Rucka isn't even that big of a name really.

...!?

Grek Rucka is the biggest name of the comics lot attending?

He's written very good runs on

Superman

Detective Comics

Wolverine!

He even was part of 52 the weekly DC event post Infinite Crisis! He's been one of the most consistent people of the past few years!

He is a big comic guy.

Note: WE NEED MORE WRITERS ATTENDING!

Edited by JaySchluffy

I hope you guys can replace him with someone else of the same calibre as, apart from Greg Rucka, none of your other comic guests fit the bill and Rucka isn't even that big of a name really.

...!?

Superman

Detective Comics

Wolverine!

He even was part of 52 the weekly DC event post Infinite Crisis! He's been one of the most consistent people of the past few years!

He is a big comic guy.

Totally agreed - Greg Rucka is BIG! I'm gonna get his novelization of No Man's Land signed. I've never been into comics much but even I recognized his name the moment he was announced!

...!?

Superman

Detective Comics

Wolverine!

He is a big comic guy.

Totally agreed - Greg Rucka is BIG! I'm gonna get his novelization of No Man's Land signed. I've never been into comics much but even I recognized his name the moment he was announced!

Exactly! I'm planning on getting his run on Detective Comics signed and the first few volumes of 52. That and the odd single issues. Very glad he is going!

Back on topic ie Bill Sienkiewicz cancellation.

His run on MOON KNIGHT was the first comic hero I bought that was not The Last Son, The Bat or The Spider. His work was ACE! I suppose that I liked MK because he was essentially BATMAN. No super powers (barring the 'back from the dead' angle attached to the character) just brains and technology...and Bill's rendition of the character really caught my eye.

Never mind, I have Dark Knight - JOKER and BATMAN prints for him to sign next time he comes to the UK.

He probably looked at the guest list and realised this is not a comic con. Come on guys, you may as well remove the comic reference from the title. I like the sound of Rucka but I primarily like to meet artists and Bill was the only one worth the entry fee. I am very disapointed, if it wasn't for Bill Shatner I would be asking for a refund! With a week to go I was expecting further comic guest appearances not cancellations. I think I will be sticking to this show *****, Bristol and Birmingham in future

Edited by gaz2810i

He probably looked at the guest list and realised this is not a comic con. Come on guys, you may as well remove the comic reference from the title. I like the sound of Rucka but I primarily like to meet artists and Bill was the only one worth the entry fee. I am very disapointed, if it wasn't for Bill Shatner I would be asking for a refund! With a week to go I was expecting further comic guest appearances not cancellations. I think I will be sticking to this show *****, Bristol and Birmingham in future

Quite true, I hate to bash LFCC but other conventions across england in general have a good 20-100 comic guests, even more usually then their main film & TV guests and there an Anime convention primarily!

EDIT: I mean three names off the top of my head who are all british and frequent visitors to british comic conventions every year.

Paul Cornell (Writer: DOCTOR WHO TV , Captain Britain, Action Comics, X-men)

Andy Diggle (Writer: Thunderbolts, Daredevil, The Losers)

Jock (Artist: The Losers, Green Arrow, Detective Comics)

I hate to moan and get off subject again but still. One of the main reasons I go to LFCC is for comic quests.

Edited by JaySchluffy

I agree wholeheartedly with the previous two posts. I do hope the organisers will be announcing a replacement for Sienkiewicz who is at least as well-known. Otherwise, this guest lineup for comic guests will look pretty unspectacular.

Extremely true, especially torwards Writers.

Have you got any idea of some good people to advise? the more the merrier.

People forget how many good British writers and artists dominate Marvel & DC at the minute!

The fact LFCC has got Greg Rucka of all people shows what they are able to achieve, he's the biggest guy i've seen them get for the convention ever. That shows what there capable of and we all want to see more guests of that level!

Edited by JaySchluffy

Grant Morrison, Charlie Adlard, Gary Frank, Dave Gibbons,Peter Miller, Bryan Hitch, Simon Bisley, Paul Jenkins and Liam Sharp are all British comic artists and writers that could be called upon to appear at LFCC.

I see you know your big hitters, I like you :D

Out of those lot I would love to meet Gary Frank the most. I love his superman work to death.

Grant Morrison, Charlie Adlard, Gary Frank, Dave Gibbons,Peter Miller, Bryan Hitch, Simon Bisley, Paul Jenkins and Liam Sharp are all British comic artists and writers that could be called upon to appear at LFCC.

Frank Quietly, Dave Gibbons, Charlie Adlard, Phill Winslade, Alan Davis, Mark Farmer, Alan Moore, Duncan Fegrado, John McCrea, Jock, Sean Phillips, Steve Yeowell, Gary Erskine, Jonathan Ross, Neil Edwards to name a few

All I believe reside in the UK and work as writers or artists in the Comic world. Not sure if he lives in the UK or not but Mark Millar is Scottish and there is more I am sure

Why are the LFCC not trying to get any of the guys i've mentioned as well as the ones mentioned by Alanmooresbeard

Edited by gaz2810i

I remember speaking to someone at the convention last year (my first con ever) how many comic guests they usually have. The guy said not many and I asked why is it in the title?

After a moment to think he just said "I don't know really"

Not a very good sign really.