photos photos

I know this has been mentioned before and no doubt a lot of people on here will come out with the same responses but, i have made a list of the guest that i will be meeting (21 so far) and ten of these i really am having trouble finding suitable photos to produce my own 10x8s to take with me rather than HOPE that there will be suitable photos at the tables. I always try and bring my own rather than rely on waiting till i get there only to find there is a choice between photo a or b or a plain background/costume shot. Screengrab photos are most definitely where its at. Any help would be most gratefully recieved. ^_^

The trouble with DVD screen grabs is that they're relatively low resolution. They don't blow up to 8x10 with decent clarity. (It can also be a job to find a frame that doesn't feature motion blur.)

That said, I do sometimes use them, when nothing better is available. They're best viewed from a distance. ^_^

If you post the ten you're having trouble with I could have a look for you?

Yes, if you post a list then maybe someone on here can help.

If you can email me at anthony.fagan@homecall.co.uk i can then email you the images i have found and stroed in a file on my pc cheers and thanks. :lol:

After looking through my list i have come up with the following guests that so far i have nothing suitable to take with me to the show to get signed. Sean Pertwee

Matthew Waterhouse

Tony Marshall

Rafaella Hutchinson

Andrew Clover

David Bailie

Tom Noonan

Bob Anderson

Mark B Wilson

Micheal Culver

As i stated before i have got images of all of the above BUT i have no means in getting them blown up to a nice clear 10x8 size photo which is a great pity as they are all pearler imgaes and the Adric photo in particular is stunning. Any help in this matter wopuld be greatly appreciated. :D

anthony.fagan@homecall.co.uk

I make my own Dr Who 10x8s, using screengrabs when there aren't any production stills, which include a blank space for the actor to sign. That way the lower-res pics don't look quite so bad, cos they don't take up so much room...

petermileslawrence.jpg

wandaventhamdw.jpg

A decent production still looks much better, though.

catherineschelldw.jpg

colin_baker.jpg

I've made photos like this for David Bailie and Matthew Waterhouse if you're interested...

they look really good,

Im still searching for something good tv movie wise for the cast to sign at dimensions and also another event, but having no joy, Ive emailed steve cadwell (he sells art at some cons) as he had a nice tv movie one but i want it with all the principles. hopeing he can come up with something as i cant find anything anywhere with all the principles on

• Moderators

If there's something very specific that you want, then yes. Especially if it's not necessarily something they're best known for.

Obviously if they're being advertised for being in something in particular, you can assume the majority of their photos will be from that.

It depends really, but bringing your own is the safest option.

on a side note to this topic - would you recommend bringing our own pictures to sign?

Depends on what you are looking for. Usually the picture selection is from the guest's most well known appearances.

So if you for example would like a Doctor Who shot when someone only did a guest appearance I'd bring my own pictures.

Edited by Queen_Sindel