Newbie questions.

gemesimo

Hello, I'm Simona and H2 will be my first SM convention and I have a few questions.

1) I ordered the ticket for my sister today but they haven't wired? the payment yet; usually how many days does it take? I'm from Italy and I'm concerned about exchange rates changing too much in the meantime (I put a bit more just to be sure, but you never know)

2) I bought my ticket a few months back and I ordered my sister's today (both gold) could there be problem with photoshoots authograph sessions timing? I ask because she's a bit shy and not very good with the language and I usually have to do a little of interpreter job when we go to conventions.

3) Are there theme parties during the convention? If yes what are they? I haven't decided on costumes yet and that could help.

That's it for now, please point me in the right direction if there is already the answer in the forum somewhere and I just missed it.

Thank you!

Simona

Hello, I'm Simona and H2 will be my first SM convention and I have a few questions.

1) I ordered the ticket for my sister today but they haven't wired? the payment yet; usually how many days does it take? I'm from Italy and I'm concerned about exchange rates changing too much in the meantime (I put a bit more just to be sure, but you never know)

2) I bought my ticket a few months back and I ordered my sister's today (both gold) could there be problem with photoshoots authograph sessions timing? I ask because she's a bit shy and not very good with the language and I usually have to do a little of interpreter job when we go to conventions.

3) Are there theme parties during the convention? If yes what are they? I haven't decided on costumes yet and that could help.

That's it for now, please point me in the right direction if there is already the answer in the forum somewhere and I just missed it.

Thank you!

Simona

Errm, I wouldn't know the answer to your first question. However, in regards to your second question there could potentially be problems with photoshoot and autograph timings (but I think that'd only happen if your sister is put ino a different group to you) If you find that you're sorted into seperate groups you could always ask a member of staff at the con to put you both into the same group as I'm sure hey'll be happy to help :P

In answer to your third question, yes there are themed parties during the con which'll be announced on this forum so you'll have plenty of time to sort out a costume.

Hope I've answered your questions well

Rebecca x

Edited by Touchstone

Hello Simona, and welcome to the forum!

1) I am not sure if I am understanding correct. The "wired money" has confused me because you can only pay tickets by credit or debit card.

I think this is the situation:

You did place the order for your sister. But your sister hasn't paid you back yet. And now you are worried that your card will be charged before you have the money?

There's no set time frame, sorry. I'd say within a week at the maximum.

2) You're very likely in different groups. The ticket holders are divided in different groups for photos and autographs. There'll be a list posted before the show saying which ticket numbers are in which group.

If you are in different groups, then ask to speak to TooTall at the event. He will try to put your sister and you in the same group. That has been done in the past. So don't worry, it will be sorted.

Touchstone has already perfectly answered your third question. :P

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Errm, I wouldn't know the answer to your first question. However, in regards to your second question there could potentially be problems with photoshoot and autograph timings (but I think that'd only happen if your sister is put ino a different group to you) If you find that you're sorted into seperate groups you could always ask a member of staff at the con to put you both into the same group as I'm sure hey'll be happy to help :D

Thank you, we'll be probably in two different groups i think, I'll put ask nicely the staff to put us in the same group in the checklist ;)

In answer to your third question, yes there are themed parties during the con which'll be announced on this forum so you'll have plenty of time to sort out a costume.

Cool! :dance: I'll be lurking around in the forum waiting for news on the party themes then; not that I wouldn't have anyway. :D

Hope I've answered your questions well

Rebecca x

You were very helpful, thank you! :P

Hello Simone, and welcome to the forum!

*cough* Simona *cough*:D Simone is a male name here in Italy :P

1) I am not sure if I am understanding correct. The "wired money" has confused me because you can only pay tickets by credit or debit card.

I think this is the situation:

You did place the order for your sister. But your sister hasn't paid you back yet. And now you are worried that your card will be charged before you have the money?

There's no set time frame, sorry. I'd say within a week at the maximum.

I used my credit card to place the order (a visa electron) but when I checked the money was still all there. I wasn't sure what the correct term was.:WAVE:

2) You're very likely in different groups. The ticket holders are divided in different groups for photos and autographs. There'll be a list posted before the show saying which ticket numbers are in which group.

If you are in different groups, then ask to speak to TooTall at the event. He will try to put your sister and you in the same group. That has been done in the past. So don't worry, it will be sorted.

Touchstone has already perfectly answered your third question. :smile:

What does TooTall look like? I guess really tall!? :D

Edited by gemesimo

• Moderators

What does TooTall look like? I guess really tall!? :wub:

You'd guess correctly. He's quite hard to miss at events because you can always see him over everyone's heads.

I used my credit card to place the order (a visa electron) but when I checked the money was still all there. I wasn't sure what the correct term was.:wub:

Please don't blush, your English is excellent!

I just wanted to make sure I am understanding correctly.

There's some prepaid credit cards too where you first have to wire money to your credit card account before you can use the card. If it had been a card like that the situation would have been way more complicated.

What does TooTall look like? I guess really tall!? :wub:

Yes, really tall. If you don't see him just ask any crew member and they'll point you to him.

I used my credit card to place the order (a visa electron) but when I checked the money was still all there. I wasn't sure what the correct term was.:WAVE:

Please don't blush, your English is excellent!

Thank you! :D

I just wanted to make sure I am understanding correctly.

There's some prepaid credit cards too where you first have to wire money to your credit card account before you can use the card. If it had been a card like that the situation would have been way more complicated.

The card is a prepaid one where I already put the money for the ticket, the only issue here is if the exchange rate, which I'm monitoring, changes too much; I put a few euros more than the right price just to be on the safe side but I hope it doesn't take a whole week before they process the payment.

What does TooTall look like? I guess really tall!? :D

Yes, really tall. If you don't see him just ask any crew member and they'll point you to him.

:blush:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a newbie question too.

I have only been to the Twilight conventions before, are the prices for the guests photoshoots the same? (i.e £10/£15 for the main guest?)

Also, with the silver ticket, does the extra photo of all the guests include me or do I just get a photo of the guests standing in a group?

(I hope that last one makes sense!)

The ME conventions don't have group shots including attendees anymore. It's just a group photo of the guests.

And the prices should be £10-15 yes :lol:

Cheers David :D

I wasnt sure if it just wasnt happening at the Twi cons because us lot cant control ourselves :huh:

• 2 months later...

Hello to all! excuse me, I'm new, I have read this post, and I write here because I'm also from Italy! my name is michael, I have to buy a ticket for the hallowhedon, because I have the dream from more years, of meet mr Anthony Head! for me is the best, I see him from the time of btvs! but I have fear to come, because this is my first convention, I don't speak very well english, and if I come, I come alone and I don't know anyone, and i don't know if mr Head does not understand me when I speak, and I have also fear that I do not understand when he speaks to me! so, afther my questions I hope that is not very late for buy a ticket! can you help me? have you any advise for me? thank you so much to all!

Miky

I'm sure he will understand you he's a really nice guy and you won't be dissapointed. He'll be nice and patient with you too if your English isn't very good. Don't worry about being alone there's plenty of us you can come and talk to although I might not be the easiest for you to understand with my broad Glaswegian accent. As for the tickets I think gold and silver are running low but there's still standard so it shouldn't be a problem getting a ticket.

Hi there, welcome to the forum :D

People often travel a long way for the conventions, so you could meet people fluent in Italian.

We have a Euro Forum specifically for this

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showforum=135

I would visit this forum and see if anyone from Italy is also going to Hallowhedon, and you could get together.

However, we are all friendly, and all of us can nod enthusiastically and grin away at the parties, loud music? Dancing? Who needs to understand each other? :D

I do usually say, dont just come to a convention for just one guest though.

I personally cannot wait to meet Anthony Head, I have been a Buffy Fan since the beginning, but you never know whether a guest will be poorly or have to work elsewhere, so I would say come to Hallowhedon for the whole convention, not just one guest :D

It will be fantastic! Four guests that I am very keen to meet. Dont be afraid to say hi, (if you can understand my daft Welsh accent) :D

Hello anthonyfan.

I`m a big Anthony Head fan too and I ordered my ticket the moment I knew he would come. Of course I'm also really excited to meet the other guests.:)

Tis is my first convention too and I'm from germany, so I'm a bit nervous because of the language too.

I will be coming with my girlfriend and we also hope, that we get into contact with the people well.

Hi Jenny!

Last year I went to my first convention, all by myself and I thought it was scary before I got there. But when you get there people are really nice and it's easy to find friends. I heard a lot of foreign languages, so I think you'll find people who speak german. :-) I speak german (almost fluent) so at least I know one german speaking person who is going to Hallowhedon :-)

hi anthonyfan!

hi jenny 88!

i come from austria/vienna so my english is not the best, too. i´ve been to hallowhedon I last year and i can say: there is no need to be afraid, the stars and the other attendees are really lovely and bad english is no problem ;o)

so if you like: i organized a meet up at 6 pm at the best sellers bar, first floor at the thistle hotel. come and meet us!

;)

That's great. We will definetly come. I think the plain lands around eleven, so we`ll be there early :)

Does anyone know when the drinks reception for the gold ticket holders start? Will it be before or after the opening ceremony?