Cosplaying!

x_moonshine_x

Hehe I cant afford a ticket right now, and if I get a job to pay for one I then might not have the weekend off.

And yeah, I wanna do 11 for a proper weekend con (only done him at the DW Prom so far)

Means getting his blue version too though, as one shirt for a weekend isnt good lol

Which concert did you go to? I was at the Saturday one.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't tried cosplay before, but I've got the hair for the 11th doctor, so assuming I can get the bits, I'll do that.

Speaking of which...

Trousers & braces are easy enough, and a trawl round charity shops should get me the jacket. But, does anyone know what brand of shirt he wears? I may just have to go for one close enough, but if I can get one the same that's better.

The tie will also be close enough, unless anyone can recommend somewhere that stocks proper burgundy bowties...

^^ The shirt is a PS by Paul Smith Classic Fit Shirt, in either burgundy or navy, but I think you'd be very, VERY lucky if you were to manage to get hold of one.

However, I've seen a lot of people buy shirts with a very thin vertical stripe, which give a similar impression of Eleven's shirt.

Hope that helps a little! :)

Also, there's this costume breakdown: http://community.livejournal.com/dw_cosplay/375443.html

@Travels_hopefully: There's one of the burgundy shirts on eBay at the moment if it's any help to you (someone just posted a link over at dw_cosplay). Bit pricey, but here's the link if you want it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140448786383

Thanks for that, but a bit pricy for me. I've seen a shirt in Matalan (of all places) with a thin red stripe, which should do.

I always cosplay xD Will be there as the Doctor most of the time (Both spacesuit and pinstripe I think) but am still un-decided about the party themes. I'm going to have to choose something I already have due to time/money but that's okay, will sort something out :D

Your cosplay is amazing, can't wait to see it in the flesh :D

• Moderators

We're really friendly, honest. If you're around Friday afternoon, a whole bunch of us are always in the bar at the Park Inn from, well... early afternoon onwards, so if you come say hi, you'll definitely find people to make friends with.

That's the problem though, I work at a school, so with all the half terms off it means I can't book days off :thumbup:. I'll definitely be there all day Saturday and all day sunday, it's just if I can be cheeky enough to ask for time off from the extra hours I've worked and if it's worth it as I'm only a standard ticket holder. I'm seriously considering booking in at a travelodge or finding someone from the event to share a room with though as it means I can stay later at the Saturday night party which would really help with the meeting new people :).