Doctor Who

The Dork Lord

Calling all Doctor Who fans who are staying overnight at CM 16 ...does anyone know a way we could all see Doctor Who on Saturday night? Maybe a TV room in the hotel lobby or something like that. Firstly I'm assuming there's going to be an episode that day, I know that there's usually at least one two week break between the episodes, but if it is on, it would be great to watch it with so many other fans.

So, any ideas?

• Moderators

I'll also still be crewing.

And I won't cry if someone spoils me. I'll just kill the person in question.

No, I don't think that's too extreme :YAHOO: You have all been warned...

For those crewing - the safest way to do it? There are a couple of people on the crew who will probably already have a contingency plan in place for this. None of us will have seen it and it'll keep you spoiler free. Just go back with the crew to the hotel and follow them to watch before you meet anyone else.

Not that I'll be watching it, but it's what I used to do with Merlin. *g*

I'd probably be up for watching Doctor Who with a group, but I've a feeling it may not be on as it's Eurovision that night... (Hence why I won't be able to watch it any later than planned viewing as I'll be Eurovision-ing it up somewhere). Although it's possible they'll just show it before Eurovision, but it would make sense that that would be the two week break...

For those crewing - the safest way to do it? There are a couple of people on the crew who will probably already have a contingency plan in place for this. None of us will have seen it and it'll keep you spoiler free. Just go back with the crew to the hotel and follow them to watch before you meet anyone else.

Not that I'll be watching it, but it's what I used to do with Merlin. *g*

I like your thinking ^_^

We'll just be going back to our hotel room to watch it. I can't really see a mass group thing happening personally, it sounds a bit tricky to set up. It's best to just invite a few mates back to different rooms.

Yeah sometimes the sound quality isnt great for that sort of thing so people end up talking over it/not being able to hear it in places like the hotel bar/lobby.

We're heading to KFC about 5 to get food then going up to the room with it ready for DW, then drinks for Eurovision lol

Trust me, considering the effort they went to at New Years? Where we were somewhere with no TV, and no internet - we still ended up with the regeneration ep on a projector screen. They are big fans!

That's dedication lol

• Moderators

I'm having a bit of a dilemma, actually... I really want to watch Who, which sounds like it will be possible post-crewing. BUT... I've also watched Eurovision pretty much every year I can remember. Timing-wise, I don't think I can do both!

• Moderators

Officially at least, we're 'on duty' crewing until 7. By which time Dr Who has finished - from what Kip says it will probably be possible to watch Who at a later time with other crew, but time-wise, it will run past the start of Eurovision (factoring in time to get back to the hotel).