GUEST DAY CHANGE - George Baker

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Due to a change in his schedule, GEORGE BAKER will now be attending the Sunday of the show. He will still be attending the dinner on Saturday night. He is looking forward to meeting all of you at the show.

Cheers

Paul

It really irritates me when guests do this.

Of course it's understandable if there is an absolutely unavoidable commitment which they must attend. This will clearly apply to some guests which cancel/change appointments.

They must remember that lots of people are paying money just for the priveledge of meeting them.

So celebrities seem to think that they can just back out if they change their mind, leaving fans disappointed and out of pocket.

This isn't a dig at George Baker (assuming he has a good reason for backing out) but for celebrities in general. The 'cancellations' list at some events is longer than the attending list!

• Showmasters Admin

The 'cancellations' list at some events is longer than the attending list!

that is not true at any of our events this has never happened , so why say this ? RayBan

as to guest some times really serious things happen and we cannot say a thing , some time a go a guest child died all we could say was " he was no longer able to attend the event" as that was what the guest told us to say .

we try to explain why someone cannot attend but it dose happen , i do not think it can be avoided and also i think that most guests are really sad if they have to change things and say so when they tell us things have to change , so i do not think this post helps anyone in any way.

they are my thoughts

jason :YAHOO:

The 'cancellations' list at some events is longer than the attending list!

that is not true at any of our events this has never happened , so why say this ? RayBan

as to guest some times really serious things happen and we cannot say a thing , some time a go a guest child died all we could say was " he was no longer able to attend the event" as that was what the guest told us to say .

we try to explain why someone cannot attend but it dose happen , i do not think it can be avoided and also i think that most guests are really sad if they have to change things and say so when they tell us things have to change , so i do not think this post helps anyone in any way.

they are my thoughts

jason :D

Hi Jason.

My original post wasn't aimed at Autographica, or any event ran by you guys. Nor was it aimed at George Baker.

As I said in my post I'm sure plenty of guests have good reasons for cancelling or changing their visits. However I am sure that many simply change their minds on a whim, and it is for this reason I made my original post. Many cancel time and time again etc.

Posting it in this thread may give the impression that I'm referring to Mr Baker or Autographica, but in fact I was just making a general comment that if a celebrity makes a commitment to attend an event, and people pay quite a lot of money to come and see them, they should honour that commitment if possible. I didn't think the thought was worthy of a thread on it's own.

Once again this post wasn't aimed at you guys, your events, or Mr Baker. It is aimed at those I have attempted to visit in the past who have repeatedly cancelled/cancelled on a whim rather than with good reason etc.

Jason can I ask a quick question while you're here. I intend on having a photograph with Fred Haise (will buy the ticket shortly). I know that you provide set sizes of photographs. Could a friend of mine take a photo at the same time with my camera? I.e. stand next to the photographer and take a single photo? It would take no longer.

Jason can I ask a quick question while you're here. I intend on having a photograph with Fred Haise (will buy the ticket shortly). I know that you provide set sizes of photographs. Could a friend of mine take a photo at the same time with my camera? I.e. stand next to the photographer and take a single photo? It would take no longer.

I'm sorry, but this isn't possible.

For one photo it may not take long, but if an exception is made for one person it would have to be done for everyone who asks, and those three seconds here and there do add up quickly with the number of photos taken.

I'm really disappointed that I now won't get to see him - I wanted to get my 'I, Claudius' DVD signed, but I'm going to the Everton match on the Sunday, so I can't get to Autographica that day. As George was the main reason I was intending going to the event, I now won't be attending at all. :lol:

Hmmm unsure what to do now as I'm now split between Sat and Sun with the Bond guests. This has screwed things up. Is there a chance he will sign on the Saturday night just before the dinner if I hang around? There's no way the Mrs is going to look after the kids for 2 days in a row!

Edited by PaulWeston

Hmmm unsure what to do now as I'm now split between Sat and Sun with the Bond guests. This has screwed things up. Is there a chance he will sign on the Saturday night just before the dinner if I hang around? There's no way the Mrs is going to look after the kids for 2 days in a row!

I was hoping for that but I suppose it's unlikely

I did, its the main reason I've been pestering Dave for lecture times, so I can try and get as much done at the show and still get home in time for the kick off!

I wish I could do both, but I'm travelling up from London with a friend who hasn't been to Goodison before so I need to show him around.