80s Music

captaincarpet

Is Lionel Ritche's 'Dancing On The Ceiling' 80's? and oh we must have Whitney Houston's 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody'

Yup, both are!

And when they play either of them I will be disappearing to the bar! Not my fave 80s things to say the least.

lol one of the few 80's songs I can bare! I dislike 'spam rock' as I call it!

Saying that can we have please 'God Gave Rock and Roll To You' by Kiss? Bill and Ted FTW!!

With you on the 'spam rock' actually - can't stand that either but have learned to tolerate it over the years!

And yeah, Bill and Ted FTW!!!

I do hope you realised the censor filter kicked in and it wasn't meant to be 'spam'!! lol

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Lionel Ritche's 'Dancing On The Ceiling' 80's? and oh we must have Whitney Houston's 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody'

Yup, both are!

And when they play either of them I will be disappearing to the bar! Not my fave 80s things to say the least.

lol one of the few 80's songs I can bare! I dislike 'spam rock' as I call it!

Saying that can we have please 'God Gave Rock and Roll To You' by Kiss? Bill and Ted FTW!!

With you on the 'spam rock' actually - can't stand that either but have learned to tolerate it over the years!

And yeah, Bill and Ted FTW!!!

I do hope you realised the censor filter kicked in and it wasn't meant to be 'spam'!! lol

Good ole c*ck rock lol

Good ole c*ck rock lol

Ah. No I hadn't realised. But then as I don't like it I forgot that particular genre of music had an unfortunate name. If they play too much of that and I will have to bash my head against a wall for relief.

Okay, I'm doing this on my phone so it's awkward to look back over what other people have said so I don't post duplicates - so apologies in advance for them as I'm just going to post songs I want. Also, I haven't read all the way through the thread and I know I've forgotten loads but these are the first ones that came into my head.

ABC - The Look of Love

ABC - Poison Arrow

Adam and the Ants - Antmusic

Adam and the Ants - Stand and Deliver

Adam and the Ants - Prince Charming

Blondie - Atomic

Bowie -

Cyndi Lauper - girls just wanna have fun

Dexy's Midnight Runners - come on eileen

Duran Duran - Girls On Film

Duran Duran - Planet Earth

Duran Duran - My Own Way (night version)

Duran Duran - Careless Memories

Duran Duran - The Reflex

Duran Duran - New Moon On Monday

Duran Duran - Sound of Thunder

Europe - The final countdown

Frankie goes to hollywood - relax

Huey Lewis and the news - Hip to be a square

Huey Lewis and the news - Power of love

Jason Donovan - too many broken hearts in the world

Kylie Minogue -

Madonna -

Michael Jackson -

OMD - Enola Gay

Soft Cell - Tainted Love

Spandau Ballet - To cut a long story short

Phil Collins -

The Police - every little thing she does is magic

Queen -

Ultravox - Dancing with tears in my eyes

Visage - Fade to Gray

Also eye of the tiger but I can't remember who that's by.

Hurumph! I love a bit of Glam rock me! And you can't tell me that C C Deville on the cover of the 'Look What the Cat Dragged In' album is not one of the prettiest men EVER!!!

Shame he didn't age well *sigh*

Actually Poison - Talk Dirty to Me, Look What the Cat Dragged In and Unskinny Bop would also be awesome!

Hurumph! I love a bit of Glam rock me!

Actually Poison - Talk Dirty to Me, Look What the Cat Dragged In and Unskinny Bop would also be awesome!

I love Poison! And glam rock, and spam rock. xD

Better than the poppy stuff of the 80s anyway. Hopefully they'll be a mixture of both..

It's a shame I'm not coming as I'd have brought my collection of 80's music down for the DJ to use as he wished - & believe me, the collection is VERY extensive.

I'm a goth/80s' DJ, and just so happened to have some of my CDs with me :) Dominic only uses the Mac to DJ with, so he ripped them on Saturday night to use tonight (Sunday). So you never know for future ref :YAHOO:

Hurumph! I love a bit of Glam rock me! And you can't tell me that C C Deville on the cover of the 'Look What the Cat Dragged In' album is not one of the prettiest men EVER!!!

*cough*Sebastian Bach and Taime Down (Faster Pussycat)*cough*

*in my happy place*

It's a shame I'm not coming as I'd have brought my collection of 80's music down for the DJ to use as he wished - & believe me, the collection is VERY extensive.

I'm a goth/80s' DJ, and just so happened to have some of my CDs with me :) Dominic only uses the Mac to DJ with, so he ripped them on Saturday night to use tonight (Sunday). So you never know for future ref :D

*cough*Sebastian Bach and Taime Down (Faster Pussycat)*cough*

*in my happy place*

*double cough* I think I'm joining you in a happy place there! *double cough*

Loved the 80s night on sunday, i was an 80s child so it was my era totally. I think moving the party also a good idea as everyone seemed to stay longer and mix a bit more, some sundays can be a bit slow when in the main hall, very much liked this idea as there are less people and more intimate. really good fun. Thanks to Sister Carrion for having a total load of cd's for the dj to download too so we got a good mix of songs, could have danced for a few more hours as so many great songs.

Nicky x :huh:

Yeah despite what I said in the other thread re: the running out of ideas joke from the DJ that backfired lol It was an AMAZING party and my fav of the weekend, and my fav ever at a Hub!

Could defo go for an 80s night again :D

*cough* Thread in the Hub 5 forum *cough*

Yeah despite what I said in the other thread re: the running out of ideas joke from the DJ that backfired lol It was an AMAZING party and my fav of the weekend, and my fav ever at a Hub!

Could defo go for an 80s night again :smile:

Jules, you really should see a doctor with that cough ;)

Could defo go for an 80s night again :D

Jules, you really should see a doctor with that cough :clap:

I know! It's becoming a 'thing'