80s Music

captaincarpet

Personally I prefer *fists* Barrowman! It's faaar more amusing *passes Never the Bodycult*

And despite being 13 when the 80s ended, I only really fell in love with the music later. Being of the Gothic persuation means that you get a lot of 80s played, and it was an AWESOME decade for music. New Romantics, early dance and house music, Glam Rock.

Ally - I was hoping that Enjoy the Silence might have sneaked in in 89, and it is the best thing that the Mode ever did.

Oh and I forgot The Smiths, How Soon is Now is fabulous! As is This Charming Man!

And hey, at least I didn't mention Bros!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And despite being 13 when the 80s ended, I only really fell in love with the music later. Being of the Gothic persuation means that you get a lot of 80s played, and it was an AWESOME decade for music. New Romantics, early dance and house music, Glam Rock.

Ally - I was hoping that Enjoy the Silence might have sneaked in in 89, and it is the best thing that the Mode ever did.

Oh and I forgot The Smiths, How Soon is Now is fabulous! As is This Charming Man!

And hey, at least I didn't mention Bros!!!!

I have an unfair advantage about the 80s seeing as I turned 13 near the beginning rather than near the end! I also had an elder sister who was a punk and got me into the Liverpool alt scene at an early age and then dragged me off to all sorts of gigs from when I was 13/14 (my first Bunnymen gig was my 13th birthday present I think). After that I started going on my own!

I had to leave my fave Depeche Mode song off the list too - Walking in My Shoes - as that came out in the 90s and all but there is plenty to choose from otherwise.

Now excuse me while I go and reminisce about Flour Fights before Neph gigs in the 80s...

I had to leave my fave Depeche Mode song off the list too - Walking in My Shoes - as that came out in the 90s and all but there is plenty to choose from otherwise.

Now excuse me while I go and reminisce about Flour Fights before Neph gigs in the 80s...

Oooh, I love 'Walking in My Shoes'

*whispers* I loathe The Neph tho, far too dirgey (I'm aware this loses me goth points :wub: )

Wow! What a turn out!

I only mentioned four before, heres the rest (I think alot of these have already been said)

Under Pressure - Queen and David Bowie

The Look Of Love - ABC

Poison Arrow - ABC

The Reflex - Duran Duran

Rio - Duran Duran

Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran

Girls On Film - Duran Duran

2468 Motorway - Tom Robinson Band (I think thats actually 70s)

I Don't Need This Pressure On - Spandau Ballet

Gold - Spandau Ballet

Take On Me -Aha

Living On A Prayer - Bon Jovi

Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley

Ashes To Ashes - David Bowie

Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor

House Of Fun - Madness

:P

I can't believe I forgot Madonna!

Lucky Star

Holiday

La Isla Bonita

Like a Prayer

Yes you definitely can't leave Madonna out of the equation.

I must say I love all the choices posted, as I'm a huge 80's baby.....

But you've forgotten Men At Work's "Down Under" - now that is probably one Aussie song that is well known (yes I'm an Aussie and we should be represented after all :borg: ).

And you have definitely won me over with some Acca Dacca......yay for ACDC - mind you, my favourite song of theirs is Thunderstruck and it was released in 1990; do ya think we could squeeze it in regardless? :D

Wow! What a turn out!

I only mentioned four before, heres the rest (I think alot of these have already been said)

Under Pressure - Queen and David Bowie

The Look Of Love - ABC

Poison Arrow - ABC

The Reflex - Duran Duran

Rio - Duran Duran

Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran

Girls On Film - Duran Duran

2468 Motorway - Tom Robinson Band (I think thats actually 70s)

I Don't Need This Pressure On - Spandau Ballet

Gold - Spandau Ballet

Take On Me -Aha

Living On A Prayer - Bon Jovi

Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley

Ashes To Ashes - David Bowie

Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor

House Of Fun - Madness

:D

Yes, Tom Robinson is the Seventies. I remember that track when I was at high school.

Of course I would also love anything from The Eurythmics, The Police, and what about Springsteen? "Dancin' in the Dark" is a definite fave.

And how about Blondie too?

This is what I love about the 80's, just so much choice of great music!

Is Lionel Ritche's 'Dancing On The Ceiling' 80's? and oh we must have Whitney Houston's 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody'

Yup, both are!

And when they play either of them I will be disappearing to the bar! Not my fave 80s things to say the least.

Is Lionel Ritche's 'Dancing On The Ceiling' 80's? and oh we must have Whitney Houston's 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody'

Yup, both are!

And when they play either of them I will be disappearing to the bar! Not my fave 80s things to say the least.

lol one of the few 80's songs I can bare! I dislike 'spam rock' as I call it!

Saying that can we have please 'God Gave Rock and Roll To You' by Kiss? Bill and Ted FTW!!

Yup, both are!

lol one of the few 80's songs I can bare! I dislike 'spam rock' as I call it!

Saying that can we have please 'God Gave Rock and Roll To You' by Kiss? Bill and Ted FTW!!

With you on the 'spam rock' actually - can't stand that either but have learned to tolerate it over the years!

And yeah, Bill and Ted FTW!!!