GUEST SUGGESTIONS

keithporter23

Following the announcement of Charlene Tilton appearing at the next Autographica, some suggestions for Dallas and Knots Landing guests:

Dallas:

Morgan Brittany

Barbara Carrera

Patrick Duffy

Linda Gray

Larry Hagman

Steve Kanaly

Knots Landing:

Teri Austin

Tonya Crowe

William Devane

Kevin Dobson

Julie Harris

Lisa Hartman

James Houghton

Kim Lankford

Michele Lee

Donna Mills

Ted Shackelford

Douglas Sheehan

Joan Van Ark.

Edited by SunSpeed

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(I'm guessing but the way the announcements have gone that there will not be any sports guests at Autographica) However it'd make my day if there were any ex England Football Internationals pllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee.

:D:wub::o:D:dance::D:clap:

I'd love to see any actors/actresses who starred in those classic David Lean films.

Julie Christie

Tom Courtenay

Rita Tushingham

Nigel Havers

Sarah Miles

Geraldine Chaplin

Peter O'Toole

Several are UK based so may well be worth approaching... I think they would be popular.

• 2 weeks later...

Harris Yulin (Scarface, Ghostbusters 2, 24 & Rush Hour 2)

Gary Grubbs (Bad Lieutenant, The O.C., Will & Grace & The X Files)

Mr T (The A Team & Rocky 3)

Andy Umberger (24, Buffy & Boston Legal)

Abraham Benrubi (ER, Men in Trees & Memphis Beat)

Lindsay Crouse (Buffy, LA Dragnet & Law & Order)

Mayim Bialik (Blossom)

Any chance of

Barbara Bach

Rachel Ward

Madeline Stowe

Billie Piper

Amy Acker

Karen Gillian

Heather Locklear

Jessica Alba

Jeri Ryan

Zoe Tapper

Liv Tyler

Jennifer Connolly

Diane lane

Denise Richards

Jennifer Love Hewitt

Eliza Dushku

Summer Glau

and all at the same event please

now that would be an event ! and then I could wake up !

Hi

Another one of those "where do I post this comment" items.

Can I suggest Charlie Duke to this Autographica or a future one.

We've got nearly 150 autographs and have met everyone we've collected.

Our son was recently in an article regarding his collection and his teacher saw this and made it into a class topic (hobbies and autographs). Unknown to us, one of his school friends told her dad and he works for the BCC. Yesterday Ewan came home from school with a signed photo of Charlie Duke.

It reads "To Ewen AIM HIGH! Charlie Duke Appollo 16".

The spelling of our sons name is wrong, but I don't mind - this was unexpected.

It was an incredibly nice thing for the parent to do and I'm trying to get hold of him to thank him. Charlie has obviously been at the BBC Scotland within the last few weeks - I'm assuming the autograph is genuine.

However, I've never heard of Charlie Duke (I'm ignorant with this kind of thing) and while I admire what the astronaughts have acheived, we've not collected their autographs.

I've now done some research into Charlie Duke and I can see he is the youngest of 12 to walk on the moon.

Has anyone met him before? Has he done autographica events before? What's he like as a person? Any idea how much the autograph would be worth (it's personalised and we've no intention of selling any of our autographs as we do this for fun).

Can I suggest Charlie Duke as a guest (future guest).

This has put me in the mood (costs considering of course) to maybe meet some other space guests.

Steve

Charlie Duke has been a guest before. I think his last appearance to date was Autographica 13 in Birmingham in April 2009.

He's really great to meet and I hope he comes back again in the future.

The autograph your son got is almost certainly real as Charlie has been in Glasgow this week. He gave a public lecture at Glasgow Caledonian University yesterday (Sept 10) which was a lecture, Q and A and a signing.

And there was a Gala Dinner in Glasgow Marriott Hotel for him on Sept 9, where he gave a speech.

So I guess he must have been on BBC Scotland this week as part of his visit.

He visits the UK again later in the year but thats at a business event.

I really would recommend meeting the astronaut guests at any Autographica. I'm sure your son would look back with great pride in future years at having met such real life legends.

And its sad to say, but as we all know theres only a limited time that we'll be able to have the space legends of the 1960s-70s as guests, so it really is worth meeting them when they're over here.

For more info on space collecting, one of the best sites is www.collectspace.com

Edited by spocks-brain

Charlie Duke has been a guest before. I think his last appearance to date was Autographica 13 in Birmingham in April 2009.

The autograph your son got is almost certainly real as Charlie has been in Glasgow this week. He gave a public lecture at Glasgow Caledonian University yesterday (Sept 10) which was a lecture, Q and A and a signing.

And there was a Gala Dinner in Glasgow Marriott Hotel for him on Sept 9, where he gave a speech.

So I guess he must have been on BBC Scotland this week as part of his visit.

He visits the UK again later in the year but thats at a business event.

I really would recommend meeting the astronaut guests at any Autographica. I'm sure your son would look back with great pride in future years at having met such real life legends.

And its sad to say, but as we all know theres only a limited time that we'll be able to have the space legends of the 1960s-70s as guests, so it really is worth meeting them when they're over here.

For more info on space collecting, one of the best sites is www.collectspace.com

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

We've nearly 150 autographs and I might consider getting more space guests. It's the cost though as we spend a lot on this hobby as it is, but I'm keen now to maybe get more.

I'm not complaining about the price of the autographs as these guests are rare - I just need to balance the books at this end and as we live in Glasgow we spend a lot just getting to most events.

I'm going to spend some time with my son now looking up some space topics on the web, books, etc to teach him more and see how interested he is in this.

Best wishes

Steve

I too certainly hopes Charlie returns in the near future..would absolutely love to meet him.

If not this Autographica,then how about the April event in Birmingham, SM? :wub:

I too certainly hopes Charlie returns in the near future..would absolutely love to meet him.

If not this Autographica,then how about the April event in Birmingham, SM? :wub:

I go along with that excellent suggestion.

So:

CHARLIE FOR BIRMINGHAM please.

We've nearly 150 autographs and I might consider getting more space guests. It's the cost though as we spend a lot on this hobby as it is, but I'm keen now to maybe get more.

I'm not complaining about the price of the autographs as these guests are rare - I just need to balance the books at this end and as we live in Glasgow we spend a lot just getting to most events.

I know exactly what you mean. If the autograph price is a bit much then theres always the option of the photoshoots. Most of the space guests usually do shoots, and the price of those are more like autograph prices of other guests, £15-25. So that way at least your son would get to meet them and have an excellent photo to keep for the future.

I'm going to spend some time with my son now looking up some space topics on the web, books, etc to teach him more and see how interested he is in this.

Thats an excellent idea. Learning about the history of these great space legends and their missions is very interesting, I live in Leicester and we've got the National Space Centre just down the road and kids seem to love learning all about space.

Reading up on the space legends and what they achieved, and maybe looking at some of the videos of their missions and interviews on youtube etc, would give a great background to them before meeting them at a show.

And of course theres also model kits of some of the spacecraft used from the Apollo era and the Shuttle era. Those can be a good way to get children interested in this great part of history.

Hope he enjoys learning about it all and you get a chance to meet some of these space legends.

All the best,

Wayne

Edited by spocks-brain