Quick Questions.

~Jenny~

Hey, i'm just looking into getting to the con and I've cam across a little problem, I was wondering if someone can help me out.

I've beenlooking into both Bus and Train. The train works out £93 that will take me to the NEC. or the bus for £52 that will take me to Brum, Coach Stn, Mill Lane, Digbeth. I'm wondering what will be the easiest and cheapest way to get to the Hilton.

Cheers to anyone who can help. :blush:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am not local to birmingham, but if you are looking for a cheap solution, getting a local bus to the airport might be the cheapest, then I believe there is a free shuttle between the airport and the NEC, and the hilton is walkable from the NEC with signs to help you

**Edit** I checked on trainline, and a train from Birmingham new street to Birmingham International is about £3

Then walk from NEC to hotel. I believe Davey put a map to do this

Link here:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=58260

Edited by Rhianydd

the train station is very close to the hotel. Maybe you could get a bus to the hotel from the bus station?

there's a free shuttle bus to the hotel from international train station (the NEC) or there was last time.

if you're getting the train, do you have a railcard? if not get one, they cost about £26 annually but if you're travelling alot by train they save you a hell of alot of money- i use mine at least once a week and save a fortune. might even be cheaper for you to buy a railcard and get a train ticket than just to buy your train ticket- i've had that in the past. :thumbup:

Cheers everyone I've been panicing for the last few days about it. I hate not being sorted.

The train without railcard is £142. I was ging to get one, but I don't really use the train, with me having a car. I was going to drive but I didn't fancy driving down by myself.

So it's going to be a case of, if I get the train geting a taxi from bus station to new street then a train to NEC. or getting a bus from the station to the NEC. I don't really fancy all the hassle, but it will save some money.

Cheers everyone I've been panicing for the last few days about it. I hate not being sorted.

The train without railcard is £142. I was ging to get one, but I don't really use the train, with me having a car. I was going to drive but I didn't fancy driving down by myself.

So it's going to be a case of, if I get the train geting a taxi from bus station to new street then a train to NEC. or getting a bus from the station to the NEC. I don't really fancy all the hassle, but it will save some money.

£142 eep! where are you travelling from? do megabus have any routes to brum, cos they sometimes do bus journeys for as little as £1 (not just local ones).

Middlesbrough. I thought if I sort a train out now it will be cheaper than waiting till closer to the time, but I don't want to see the price when it increases.

I've never heard of a megabus till now. but just checked and one doesn't go for Boro to Brum.

I guess getting a taxi from the bus station to the hilton, it will still save me money in the long run.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't go to ET3 so I missed out on meeting Richelle Mead and getting a book signed. I'm wondering if there's going to be any for sale at ET4 as I've few started to read them and would love a signed copy of one of her books. I know of a website that does sell them signed, but the postage is quite pricey. So I was hoping SM wouls have a few to sell.

EDIT: And when will the prices for the photos and extra authographes and books be up so we'll know how much to but aside for them and be able to order them online?

Cheers.

Edited by ~Jenny~

This is my first time and I am confused at how I order photographs.

I already have my tickets (well registration letter) and put those through as the P&P option on the online store. But cannot see how I order photo sessions. I know someone has told me I can do it when we get there but my daughter is really worried about missing out on getting photo's with the ones she really wants!!

I bought this as a treat for her as she has recently undergone major surgery on her spine (and as a result we had to miss the premiere AND the advance screenings of Eclipse that we had tickets for!!!) and I just really want it all to go perfectly for her.

Sorry if I'm being thick!!!! :D

But cannot see how I order photo sessions. I know someone has told me I can do it when we get there but my daughter is really worried about missing out on getting photo's with the ones she really wants!!

Don't worry, you are not overlooking something.

Photo sessions are not on sale online yet. For the last couple of events they were not even sold in advance online, Bitten (the True Blood con this week end) is the first exception for quite a while.

Please keep an eye on the forum here. If the tickets go on sale online, it will be posted here in a pinned topic on top of this section.

I totally understand you worrying as it's your first time and especially under those conditions.

But so far the photo sessions have never sold out for the weekend shows, and I don't think ET4 will be an exception. Even if the tickets go on sale at the show only you won't have problems buying the tickets you need.

I hope you and your daughter enjoy the event, and hopefully it will make up for some of the things she missed out on.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

But cannot see how I order photo sessions. I know someone has told me I can do it when we get there but my daughter is really worried about missing out on getting photo's with the ones she really wants!!

Don't worry, you are not overlooking something.

Photo sessions are not on sale online yet. For the last couple of events they were not even sold in advance online, Bitten (the True Blood con this week end) is the first exception for quite a while.

Please keep an eye on the forum here. If the tickets go on sale online, it will be posted here in a pinned topic on top of this section.

I totally understand you worrying as it's your first time and especially under those conditions.

But so far the photo sessions have never sold out for the weekend shows, and I don't think ET4 will be an exception. Even if the tickets go on sale at the show only you won't have problems buying the tickets you need.

I hope you and your daughter enjoy the event, and hopefully it will make up for some of the things she missed out on.

Thank you so much - I feel much better about this now - phew!!!

EDIT: And when will the prices for the photos and extra authographes and books be up so we'll know how much to but aside for them and be able to order them online?

Cheers.

For the books I am not sure, that's an office question. I'd assume the unsigned ones for the new signing should be regular sales price. But I don't have any ideas if there's signed ones left, sorry.

As for ordering online: autographs can't be ordered online in advance anyway. Photos haven't been on sale online in advance either for the last events, like I explained to Dee above.

I'd personally probably budget 15 pounds per autograph and picture just to be safe. It's likely that some guests will only be 10, but if I recall correctly Peter was 20 last time he appeared at ET. So in the end everything should still balance out in a way.

Thank you so much - I feel much better about this now - phew!!!

You're welcome. If you have more questions, please don't be afraid to ask!

Nevermind I thought maybe you'd have a few for the dealer rooms. I'll have to find another way of getting one.

So if the books are RRP £9.99 thats how much you think you'll be charging for them.

I was thinking the photos will be about £90 for all 7 (and about the same for all the autographs) and if I save about £30 for 3 books. I should be covered. I just like to be organized that’s all.

Hi,

Quick question about the autographs:

It says that each guest autograph 'you can get on any item that you choose'!! So, do you take something along with you? Does it matter what it is? And, can you get them to all sign the same thing??

Sorry if it's a stupid question - I'm new to all this - lol :YAHOO:

Hi,

Quick question about the autographs:

It says that each guest autograph 'you can get on any item that you choose'!! So, do you take something along with you? Does it matter what it is? And, can you get them to all sign the same thing??

Sorry if it's a stupid question - I'm new to all this - lol :YAHOO:

Here's the link to the autograph FAQ section on the ET4 website (hope it helps and sorry if you have already read it!)

EDIT: Actually helps if I put the link in :D

http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/eternaltwilight/faq.php?autos

Edited by Beechy

• 4 weeks later...

I hope I'm posting this in the right section lol...

My friend paid for a ticket but can no longer go. If it doesn't manage to sell out or if she's unable to find someone to pass the ticket onto (I know she'll only be able to resell if it sells out) would I be able to get her autographs for her?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, this is my first con so I'm not really sure how things work out.

That's by no means a stupid question.

Yes, you can pick up the autographs for her then. I've done it for a friend who got sick last minute at the last Stargate con myself.

You'd need the registration letter and ideally a short note from your friend saying something like "I hereby authorize Rachel92 to pick up the autographs from my ticket number (insert number here) as I can not make it to the event anymore."

Hey, I was wondering apart from going to the airport/trainstation for something to eat, is there anywhere else you could go? I was thinking maybe a supermarket or a bakery nearby.

Cheers

I don't know about any other supermarkets nearby, but at ET3 I had my car so I went to the Tesco Sheldon store on Coventry Road.

It's about 4 miles from the Hilton, but the 900 bus service that leaves from Birmingham International (every 15 mins on Saturday and every 30 mins on a Sunday) goes past it so it shouldn't be too hard to get to - by the looks of the timetable it takes around a 10 minute bus journey to get to Tesco :)

Hope that helps!