Orangepeel

• Moderators

The 'conventions' like Hallowhedon and Hub etc tend to be 3 day ones in hotels.

'Signing events' such as this are in a big hall with a lot more dealers, and many more guests. You pay entrance, and then have to purchase everything individually. Some talks are free, but some you have to pay for.

As you don't pay a set ticket price, autos/photos can be a little more expensive at these ones, but there's a wider range of guests.

man so many great guests i missed cos i didnt know how these things worked when i walked past mk cm's over the years.

i only got into all this last year at the LFCC 09, buy all the stuff you want at the online store is my advice, on the day you can still get photo shoot tickets ect at the orgs booth though.

still at CML ppl who just turned up on the day got in before those with tickets in some cases, me id rather have the safety of a ticket but if your feeling dangerous lol just turn up and pay on the door, might even get in faster lol

and to be fair my first event lfcc09 i bought 3 of my 4 photo shoots at the booth all were still available on the opening morning, but unless there is a late guest that comes after the store is closed id advise getting all the ones you want in advance. and just leave your maybe;s to on the day purchase.

autos are all on the day purchase though

• Moderators

A lot of people do book online so they know they've got everything, plus it can help more with budget. Buying in advance does not entitle you to get in before 'on the day' ones though, as said above.

Photo shoots CAN sell out for the popular guests - unlike cons where they have many slots over the weekend, most guests will only have maybe 1 a day at the most lasting 30-60 minutes roughly. So there is normally a limit.

The photo shoot purchasing queue during the weekend can be absolute hell, so again you can just save time by purchasing in advance.

Autographs aren't sold in advance simply because there's no guarantee that you'll get one from any guest. They sign as many as they can during the days, but you get a free 'virtual queue' ticket number which will then be called for you to enter the guest's queue. These are available at the event itself from in front of each guest.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed you can gain access to this event 2 hours before everyone else if you purchase a ticket for 5 more punds. Those of us who do, do we also get to take a VT ticket 2 hours earlier than the rest as well?

I take it we won't meet the guests 2 hours earlier, since they probably arrive when it opens as well?

Yes, VQ tickets are given out as soon as the doors open for the Early Bird ticket holders. So if you have an Early Bird ticket and get in at opening you roughly have a two hour advantage.

Not all guests will be there right when the doors open for Early Birds, but almost everyone arrives before the normal opening time. So if you have a low VQ ticket number you may see the guest you want to see before the standard ticket holders are being let in.

• Showmasters Admin

Yes, VQ tickets are given out as soon as the doors open for the Early Bird ticket holders. So if you have an Early Bird ticket and get in at opening you roughly have a two hour advantage.

Not all guests will be there right when the doors open for Early Birds, but almost everyone arrives before the normal opening time. So if you have a low VQ ticket number you may see the guest you want to see before the standard ticket holders are being let in.

At most of the major shows last year we had about 90% of the guests out and signing by 9:20am.

Help!! Just bought a photoshoot with William Shatner, an all time hero of mine and a ticket for the talk, as well as early bird entry for sunday, but don't really understand how the whole thing works being a regular of the Chevron events. Can someone please explain about autographs and how they work?? I'm used to having a little ticket which I use for autographs. At them moment I'm going for Will Shatner, but can I buy extra photo shoots and autographs on the day and do I need to bring a photo along for signing?

• Moderators

1. You have to get a 'virtual queue' ticket with a number on (at the end of a guest's queue') and then you can go in once your number is lower than what is on their board.

2. There'll be a desk near him with photos on it, or you can bring your own item.

3. You can only purchase autographs at the event itself.

4. You're not guaranteed to see anyone. The busiest ones you'll need to get there early and get a queue ticket asap.

5. You can buy extra photo shoots from the photo shoot desk but there'll be a big queue. Best to pre-purchase.

Edited by DavidB

I've heard of an instance where Shatner has said that he didn't like the photo that he was about to sign for a fan and asked the fan if he had anything else for him to sign.

I don't think I dare bring any photos on my own. I'm sure there will be photos there that will fill my requirements, those being 1 TOS-era pic and 1 TOS movie-era pic.

Well you may want to just incase.

I got to Ninoy at MK later in the afternoon and he had no Khan-style uniform pics left and the only TOS ones where with someone else, like Shatner.

Some photos will go very quick, so take a back-up of each one you want just incase.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

Oh my, really? That's exactly what I DON'T want, a picture of the actor with ANOTHER actor. That totally ruins it for me. Luckily enough I made sure I was not going to be late. I stood in the line at about 6 or 7 in the morning so I could 100% know that I was going to meet Nimoy. I also brought my own pics that time.

For this event I have bought an early bird ticket and will stand in line at around the same time I did with Nimoy. There's no way I'm going through all this just to end up missing him!