Band of Brothers

I'd widen this out to guests from other HBO war related series. Although I didn't instantly take to the Pacific I think I'd like to see it again to see how it works second time round.

Also like to see some guests from Generation Kill, more recent conflict but I would say it is every bit as good as Band of Brothers.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd widen this out to guests from other HBO war related series. Although I didn't instantly take to the Pacific I think I'd like to see it again to see how it works second time round.

Also like to see some guests from Generation Kill, more recent conflict but I would say it is every bit as good as Band of Brothers.

Generation Kill was superb - would love to see some guests from this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this series, its the best mini series ever made, its superb, ive watched it so many times, brilliant stuff. got it on dvd and bluray

Ive recently bought the pacific also but for some reason ive not started it yet, i dunno, it just isnt grabbing me like BOB did, I saw the first ep on sky 3 a while ago, yer it was good but it couldnt touch BOB, I havnt got round to putting the bluray in yet.

overall how does it compare with BOB?

i cant see SM ever doing con for this or pacific, within the SM online audience there doesnt seem all that much love. TBH i think it would work better as a mini reunion at the LFCC whith a group shot ;-) that way we would get more actors than would be at a ME con.

Spotted Jamie Bamber in a couple of eps too.

Last two episodes tonight, really enjoying it.

ive watched this superb series alot, so many times and I always will, superb series, its amazing how much you see on repeat viewings that is new lol or actors your like hold up thats so and so, especially if its only your second viewing, I love BOB

Yep, only my second viewing - I saw it when it was first on back in 2001 ?.....and now all this week - great entertainment. So much I noticed differently but also so much i remembered, it's got some great memorable scenes.

Not seen Pacific yet- will give that a go when it's on 'normal' TV!

Yep, only my second viewing - I saw it when it was first on back in 2001 ?.....and now all this week - great entertainment. So much I noticed differently but also so much i remembered, it's got some great memorable scenes.

Not seen Pacific yet- will give that a go when it's on 'normal' TV!

my second viewing (oh so many viewings ago lol) i remember particularly in the bastonge and breaking point eps realizing oh its so and so (cos there all tired with beards covered in crap) u start to remember all the characters and realize who is who and what they are doing who is getting killed ect.

u got me wanting to watch it all over again, only did so recently also lol, love BOB

pacific i bought on bluray last month but not put it in yet,

the documentary is awesome on the box set and on bluray the PIP commentaries is like an extension of the doc, there brilliant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd love to see the UK and US jump signing op together at a SM event. The Devon is looking massive now and there will be a chance to meet the boys. So why not SM? If they can get them why not go bigger? Teh guys arent that hard to find

apparently they are working on setting up autos and photo ops for charity with the stars also, not sure if they will pull that off but man oh man, how awesome would that be

I'm not quite sure how they are going to pull that off. The signing is near London, whilst the jump is very near me!

apparently they are working on setting up autos and photo ops for charity with the stars also, not sure if they will pull that off but man oh man, how awesome would that be

I'm not quite sure how they are going to pull that off. The signing is near London, whilst the jump is very near me!

I stopped looking into it when I saw the date was whilst I was in vegas in august, pretty sure it was, I just remember seeing the date of the uk one and thinking F!!!! I cant make it, yer I seem to remember seeing that they were at different locations lol