ADDED PHOTOSHOOTS

showmasters

Plus, when he did the book signings he was getting through 200 people in an hour - he'll probably have about the same time per autograph as he did during those signings, maybe a little more.

At a book signing 200 people equals 200 autographs for the most part - here people often get multiple items signed which takes up the time.

It'll all come out alright in the wash but you can't quite compare your one experience at a book signing to Collectormania London - they're very different beasts. Even the hugely busy recent signings like the Children of Earth dvd signings don't even come close.

I guess so. I don't envy Showmasters - they're trying to please as many people as possible but unfortunately that means someone will miss out on something somewhere along the line. I, too, hope that he is personlising autographs, but even without the extra photo shoot I guess there would have been a chance of him being too busy to do that.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to get a Gareth David Lloyd photoshoot, it clashes with Misha Collins which starts 5 minutes before. If I go to Misha first, is there any priority for people who are doubled booked? cz i remember at LFCC someone clashed with Jewel Staite and they let them go first.

Very pleased they've added another John photoshoot and I really want one, trouble is it'll clash with the Doug Bradley one which is 9.50 - 10.05 just wondering if any more experienced con goer could give me advice whether both is possible?

I know at LFCC I ended up having a clash with Eve and the Phelps twins and it was possible... just wondering.

• Moderators

I believe the protocol is (as this is what I was told before when the now-GDL shoot was the Derek Jacobi one) - Go to whichever photoshoot starts first, tell the crew there that you have a clash with another shoot, and they'll do their best to get you through the queue in time to get to your other shoot.

I believe the protocol is (as this is what I was told before when the now-GDL shoot was the Derek Jacobi one) - Go to whichever photoshoot starts first, tell the crew there that you have a clash with another shoot, and they'll do their best to get you through the queue in time to get to your other shoot.

aw thanks, Misha's starts first but GDL's is shorter. dilemma - I'll head to Misha's first though because he is the priorty to meet haha

Regret getting gen. admission now. Have a horrible feeling Gareth David Lloyd's photoshoot will be sold out.

i dont think it will be tbh, i think most Torchwood fans will be coming on the sunday for the talk/JB.

Regret getting gen. admission now. Have a horrible feeling Gareth David Lloyd's photoshoot will be sold out.

I have to queue up to get an admission ticket, so I'm hoping the same as you that Gareth's photoshoot don't sell out - coz he's the only person I want to meet on Saturday :wub:

Usually most attendees get their VQ tickets first, and lots of them will see more than one guest. The line for photo tickets won't get bad that fast.

If you only are coming to see Gareth, get the VQ ticket and then head over to the photo sales table. You should be fine then.

If you are really worried about that you can come for Early Bird Entrance time, join the pay on the day queue and upgrade your ticket. Just hand the crew member cashiering your ticket, tell him/her you want to upgrade and pay the extra money.

aw thanks, Misha's starts first but GDL's is shorter. dilemma - I'll head to Misha's first though because he is the priorty to meet haha

Usually we say as a guideline to go to the shoot first which has the shorter time frame scheduled if the shoots are starting around the same. But yes, tell the crew that you have to go to Gareth's shoot too and they will do their best to sort you.

Very pleased they've added another John photoshoot and I really want one, trouble is it'll clash with the Doug Bradley one which is 9.50 - 10.05 just wondering if any more experienced con goer could give me advice whether both is possible?

I know at LFCC I ended up having a clash with Eve and the Phelps twins and it was possible... just wondering.

Doug first. His session will be running shorter than John's. If you miss John's shoot there shouldn't be a problem that you can go to the later one. I am not 100 percent sure because I didn't go to that session, but I think this is what happened last Comic Con when Peter Facinelli did have an extra shoot added.

Still when you arrive for Doug's shoot please tell the crew tha tyou have a ticket for John.

I've just noticed that the Gareth David Lloyd photoshoot (Sat, 12.55pm) clashes with the Kai Owen talk (Sat, 1pm). Torchwood fans have a choice to make here... unless Kai's talk is moved to 2pm, in place of the cancelled Anthony Michael Hall's. It's probably too late, isn't it?

Good catch, I didn't notice that.

I think everyone but me is in London now. There have been last minute schedule changes before, so nothing is impossible. :wub:

So apparently John Barrowman noy due to arrive until 10am sun according to his official site. So how can the added photoshoot be at 9.50.

Plus if the added shoot still goes ahead doesn't leave much time for autographs.

SM area obviously expecting him earlier, otherwise the 9.50 AM time wouldn't have been announced. This is not the first time official sites have contradicting info, so I wouldn't worry about it. They may give a later time on purpose in case he's running late or something.

John's a very fast signer if he has to. When he was at Collectormania the photo shoot overran too and he still managed to get through for all VQ tickets handed out and had an open queue for a short time.

Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me? I have a photoshoot ticket for John Barrowman's new extra shoot time from 9:50. However, there's work on the train lines going on from where I'm coming from and I should get there on time but you never know with the trains. Obviously I've already brought the ticket but I was just wondering that if the my train was delayed does that mean I've lost my opportunity for the photo or would I be allowed to go to the later shoot? Thanks

Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me? I have a photoshoot ticket for John Barrowman's new extra shoot time from 9:50. However, there's work on the train lines going on from where I'm coming from and I should get there on time but you never know with the trains. Obviously I've already brought the ticket but I was just wondering that if the my train was delayed does that mean I've lost my opportunity for the photo or would I be allowed to go to the later shoot? Thanks

To the best of my knowledge you will be allowed to go to the later shoot. Just explain to crew that your train was delayed. It's happened before and there never was a problem. If you run into trouble because of it please ask for TooTall.

So apparently John Barrowman noy due to arrive until 10am sun according to his official site. So how can the added photoshoot be at 9.50.

Plus if the added shoot still goes ahead doesn't leave much time for autographs.

SM area obviously expecting him earlier, otherwise the 9.50 AM time wouldn't have been announced. This is not the first time official sites have contradicting info, so I wouldn't worry about it. They may give a later time on purpose in case he's running late or something.

John's a very fast signer if he has to. When he was at Collectormania the photo shoot overran too and he still managed to get through for all VQ tickets handed out and had an open queue for a short time.

I've just spoken to one of John's team and they've confirmed it is 10am.

I've just spoken to one of John's team and they've confirmed it is 10am.

Maybe the time of 9.50am is to allow people to get into a queue first, and then the photoshoot will be the first thing he does?

Maybe the time of 9.50am is to allow people to get into a queue first, and then the photoshoot will be the first thing he does?

Provided that time frame is correct he'll definitely go to the photo shoot first before he starts signing.

I really can't comment on the times as I don't work at the office and I am not at the venue now either. I have no idea what was agreed on when and with whom.

But it's happened before that photo shoot started a little late and it wasn't much of a problem. :D