Materials for costumes

naurarwen_fangorn

I went to town today to buy some material for costumes and I found the perfect material for Arwen Reqiuem sleeves. Its lycra and its very nice and shiney like it should be so I picked up the tag and looked at it.

What a shock I got when it said £12.90 a metre. Wow these materials are alot, but it was so perfect and I wanted to please Nienna (my lil sis) so I went to the counter to buy it. Problem: I need 3 metres

My friend works for the shop and I smiled and said 3 metres please so she cut it for me and then my next shock when she asked for

£3.30

I went to town today to buy some material for costumes and I found the perfect material for Arwen Reqiuem sleeves. Its lycra and its very nice and shiney like it should be so I picked up the tag and looked at it.

What a shock I got when it said £12.90 a metre. Wow these materials are alot, but it was so perfect and I wanted to please Nienna (my lil sis) so I went to the counter to buy it. Problem: I need 3 metres

My friend works for the shop and I smiled and said 3 metres please so she cut it for me and then my next shock when she asked for

£3.30

Thats a bargain :P

Wow naurarwen that is a good deal. and also if you are looking for cheap semtressing stuff go to boyzes (sp?) that is always good if you are strapped for cash!

*lived in said shop through-out her textiles career*

If I want decent material I always ask for it as a present or when I'm with my parents get them to buy it! *grins*

So far the most exspensive material I have got was red velvet for my prom dress, which I never wore! It's like the red Arwen dress but not so fancy and this was way before the red Arwen dress! :)

So yeah, my 2 cents..

Smaug xXx

woah!!! you guys have found some lucky bargains!! i guess i was lucky too... i wanted to get some material for my eowyn dress but i took my nanna along for a second opinion and she ended up buying it for me!! yey!!

lucky...gonna sulk now

still havent bought my material yet, i was gonna do it while the sales were on but im running out of time. ive tried about 3 times to go in 2 buy it but something always happens to prevent me from going

I still aint got my material for my elf dress yet. But i won't be able to do it until after my brother get's married cause i gotta sort all that out. I'm just worried that my costume is gonna look crap & then I won't end up wearing it. LoL! I got my LOTR goblet through on saturday!! :( It's The Two Towers goblet of greed & if you fill it up to more than you should do it leaks out of the bottom. HeHeHe It's soooo funny!! It's get Legolas in the middle i think and if you go over his head it all leaks. LoL! I'm gonna have to offer it to someone & watch em get soaked. Anyway I'm blabbering on, i best be going cause im at school. Talk to you later....

Love 'n' Hugs,

Helen xXx :blink: *Elijah* :D