writers' panel?

Cryssie

I'd love to see a writer announced as a guest and am sure that their talks would be very interesting. To name a few, I would love to meet; Chris Chibnall, James Moran, Joseph Lidster, P.J Hammond, John Fay and Catherine Tregenna. :poki:

Edited by Doctor Who

Writers panel sounds like a great idea!

Also make up or prop makers (as someone mentioned above), their creativity adds to Torchwood - the people who make the masks, invent the Bekaran scanner and Singularity scalpel...

Aiming really high - what about a director to go with the writer? That could be really in depth - did the director put it on screen how the writer imagined it?

Also make up or prop makers (as someone mentioned above), their creativity adds to Torchwood - the people who make the masks, invent the Bekaran scanner and Singularity scalpel...

Peter Anghelides invented the Brekkan Deep Tissue scanner ;) It has never been in the show proper so prop department has nothing to do with it.

Edit: Can we have Danny Hargreaves? Please!

Edited by owl post 1992

I would Love James Moran to be announced but part of me wonders if he would even agree to it after he was treated during the week s3 aired.

Oooh id actually like someone from is it 'The Mill?'

Someone who does all the special effects. Id love to hear about how that's done etc.

I would Love James Moran to be announced but part of me wonders if he would even agree to it after he was treated during the week s3 aired.

I keep asking about cons but he says he's not doing those for a while or public events it seems.

I dont blame him at all after the way he was treated that week.

I keep asking about cons but he says he's not doing those for a while or public events it seems.

I dont blame him at all after the way he was treated that week.

I felt disgusted to actually label myself in the same group as them, CoE was bad but that should never equal death threats.

As for James I've had the privilege of meeting him twice and would dearly love to do so again.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Well, to be fair, I'm not completely over them killing off Tosh and Owen, let alone Ianto. But I'm not all up in arms about it - I reckon I'm desensitised cos my favourite characters ALWAYS get killed off (you don't want me to start the list of shows this has happened on, it is LONG - I don't have an LJ icon saying 'I ship dead people' for nothing...). Yes, I'd love to see them bring any of them back if it was 'done right' but for the most part... that's what we have fanfic for.

And back on the ACTUAL topic, I think there are several writers that it could be very cool to see here...

I'm not over Tosh and Owen's deaths either but it was done so well, that I could at least begin to accept it. Ianto's death is done so badly with so many plot holes and the characters being different I had to pause watching and check i was actually watching Torchwood!

Yes, more writers please! I sat through 2 panels and they were more interesting then many of the actor's panels and we can learn so much and there'd be cheap, we could pay for them in alcohol!