Brummie help

talie

Right lol I don't mean to be bossy or sound rude here but like I keep hearing people complain about the hilton being in the middle of no where and what not when really it's not, compared to northampton it's got plenty of stuff.

It's like a couple of extra minutes away but so MUCH MORE variety and stuff.

So I thought if anyone has any questions on how to get there/where to eat etc.. I and anyone else from the local area could help

BTW if your bringing a car you're absolutley SPOILT rotten for choice

EDIT: at one point I'll also be doing an asda run for drink etc.... anyone who wants to join me in this is welcome, will take probably an hour at most :D

Edited by Crépuscule

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talie you are a star *hugs*

I never really went out of the hotel when at proms so have no idea what i around the area but the hotel have taxi's anyways if we need to go some place :D I just keep thinking order in pizza can't beat it :D

That is really handy because I have been told it's in the middle of nowhere and was panicking about getting cheap food and drink and stuff! Thanks!

I'll be honest like if u havent got a car it's a case of jumping on a bus or train but the journeys take like ten mins and then you're spoilt for choice.

Even better if u have a car a few people can jump into asda. That's what I'm gonna do, ask my best pal to take me back from asda if she's avaliable lol

Talie you are a star *hugs*

I never really went out of the hotel when at proms so have no idea what i around the area but the hotel have taxi's anyways if we need to go some place :D I just keep thinking order in pizza can't beat it :D

awww shucks lol

Dont use the hotel taxis :| TOTAL TOTAL rip off, charged us like £12 for a journey that usually costs £4.5

If people need taxis these two companies are the cheapest

0121 770 0020 - TC cars

0121 788 2222 - Friendly cars

I'm driving and since I'm not staying at the Hilton will probably pass a shop or three on the way in everyday!

The Hilton is not the ideal town centre location but to be fair, Birmingham is an enormous city with everything within a few mins of the airport/NIC area. Mind you, I'm pretty glad there's not shopping centre as there is with Northants, I might save myself some money!

BBQ in the car park anyone :lol:

Thanks for this thread...that's really helpful :)

Is the nec really really huge then?

I've never been before.

Unless we can get a family room I'll be staying in the Premier Inn probably but it says that's still in the nec complex....how big is this place?! :o

The hotel is expensive 4 cokes cost me £9.40........ so will do a huge Asda shop before I go and take plenty of drinks with me as the service in the hotel is a bit slow!!!! also they didnt seem to mine me bringing 4 bottles of bubbly and cider as I had to ask for a bottle opener as I forgot mine ( I know a bit of a cheek)!!!!

Not sure how the staff are going to cope with 800 fans they struggled with 300 :blink: but still we'll have a good time.

A bit more expensive then the Park then. Ah well tbh I was quite surprised about the price f a small coke at the Park as they could of really ripped us off, which appears to be what the Hilton is going to do :blink: I think I'll be bringing my drinks with me this time.

Although compared to other places I have been too it is still reasonably cheap, just a bit of a rip off :blink:

Edited by xxobsessedxx

aw that's so nice of you!

is the hilton near the airport? think amanda (mandelina) told me, but i've forgotton :P

The hilton is practically on it's doorstep, I told amanda I'll come meet you two in the airport anyway :P

I'm driving and since I'm not staying at the Hilton will probably pass a shop or three on the way in everyday!

The Hilton is not the ideal town centre location but to be fair, Birmingham is an enormous city with everything within a few mins of the airport/NIC area. Mind you, I'm pretty glad there's not shopping centre as there is with Northants, I might save myself some money!

BBQ in the car park anyone :P

Having a car is ace lol chelmsley wood is about a 7 minute drive away give or take and there's an asda/mcdonalds/subway/cafés/chip shop

Then there's marston green about 5 mins away which has like subway/chip shop/picnic basket and a pub where the meals are like less than a fiver.

The hotel will not allow that Im sure :P

I thought where the hotel was, was really handy I know we didnt really leave the hotel much but if we did it was would easy :clap:

They deffo wouldn't allow a bonfire rofl :(

Cheryl knows haha :P

Thanks for this thread...that's really helpful :)

Is the nec really really huge then?

I've never been before.

Unless we can get a family room I'll be staying in the Premier Inn probably but it says that's still in the nec complex....how big is this place?! :P

bigggggggggg they do like events like roadshows and that and massive concerts and what not

I mean if people are worried about food like Tallie said anyone with cars can do an ASDA run or if not you have a 2min walk to a subway and Wetherspoons in the NEC granted the choice of food at Wetherspoons is rubbish but still its better than paying Hilton prices :lol:

If people want to when in the train station part of the NEC where all that is u can just jump on the monorail over to burger king <3

£1.50 for a coke is still silly when u can get a two litre for that lol :( especially as it was a SMALL coke :| at least at the hilton for £2 u get a big coke

Right lol I don't mean to be bossy or sound rude here but like I keep hearing people complain about the hilton being in the middle of no where and what not when really it's not, compared to northampton it's got plenty of stuff.

So I thought if anyone has any questions on how to get there/where to eat etc.. I and anyone else from the local area could help

EDIT: at one point I'll also be doing an asda run for drink etc.... anyone who wants to join me in this is welcome, will take probably an hour at most ;)

being nosey which ASDA you planning on?

EDIT: at one point I'll also be doing an asda run for drink etc.... anyone who wants to join me in this is welcome, will take probably an hour at most :P

being nosey which ASDA you planning on?

Chelmsley wood :P