Question about rooms at the Park Inn

expecto-patronum

I went to the Hub 2 but the Park Inn had already overbooked so I had to stay somewhere else. For the Hub 4 I have 2 people going with me and I was wondering, is it ok to have 3 people staying in 1 room? The website only allows to book 2 people per room.

Edited by expecto-patronum

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't we meant to wait for a convention code? I'm sure that's what we've been told for the previous events so I haven't booked my room yet. I've researched the Park Inn a lot now though and it seems perfect. Its about a quarter of a mile from the train station, in the town centre where my mum can go shopping, about 2 hours away from where I live and it just seems perfect. I did however love the Birmingham NEC this year but I've never been to the Park Inn so can't compare them. :smile:

Edited by Doctor Who

Aren't we meant to wait for a convention code? I'm sure that's what we've been told for the previous events so I haven't booked my room yet. I've researched the Park Inn a lot now though and it seems perfect. Its about a quarter of a mile from the train station, in the town centre where my mum can go shopping, about 2 hours away from where I live and it just seems perfect. I did however love the Birmingham NEC this year but I've never been to the Park Inn so can't compare them. :smile:

If we were meant to wait they would have told us to at the weekend - I would book now if you definately have your hub 4 ticket. The man at Park Inn told me that if you book at convention rate (£65 a night with breakfast) you need to pay in advance or you can pay their rate (£69 a night with breakfast) and no payment needed in advance. I booked mine over the internet and checked it again over phone today. I would not really have been able to go if I had not booked at park inn as my baby is due at end of Jan and it will be a nightmare going to and fro to feed him/her. Now my husband can keep baby in room at busy times away from all the hussle and bussle.

If we were meant to wait they would have told us to at the weekend - I would book now if you definately have your hub 4 ticket. The man at Park Inn told me that if you book at convention rate (£65 a night with breakfast) you need to pay in advance or you can pay their rate (£69 a night with breakfast) and no payment needed in advance. I booked mine over the internet and checked it again over phone today. I would not really have been able to go if I had not booked at park inn as my baby is due at end of Jan and it will be a nightmare going to and fro to feed him/her. Now my husband can keep baby in room at busy times away from all the hussle and bussle.

Ah ok, so is the convention rate available now? It's just I thought that Showmasters need to sell as many rooms under that code as I'm sure I read that somewhere before this event. Perhaps I'm wrong, can anyone confirm whether or not we can book now under the convention rate? If so, I should be able to book today or tomorrow and I know that I'll be going to The Hub 4, I've just got to wait for the tickets to come online. I'll be booking a Silver ticket this time, woooo. :smile:

Edited by Doctor Who

Whenever I enter 3 adults into the search engine thing on the Park Inn site for the Hub 4 dates it comes up 'The number of guests requested exceeds the room occupancy available'. Didn't it do that with you?

This was ages ago for another con, but as far as I know, nope. We had my sister with me who wasn't an adult, perhaps that's linked? Or the fact we were doing it with a con code?

If there is a con rate for this event they didnt mention it at the event, whereas at the Hub 2 they mentioned it when they announced the hub 3 and told us to wait.

Plus room and breakfast at the park inn without the code just cost me the same as the hilton did with the code, so you dont really need one this time lol same price as a discount without the code.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

• Moderators

Just booked mine (and morbid_sparks) room too - if you definitely want to be in the Park Inn, I'd book quite soon if you're sure you're going - I was in the Ibis last time and even though it's about the same price and it really is only 5 minutes away walking, being in the con hotel this time was so much easier. Am glad it's back in Northampton though - Hilton was just too big!

I'm slightly confused now, The Hub 2 which was at the Park Inn hotel had a convention code (see here) so I was presuming that it'd be the same for the Hub 4. It'd be great if a crew member could confirm this as I and a few other members are slightly confused. Sorry for being a bit of a pain by the way, I just want to make sure I do it right. :D

Just booked mine (and morbid_sparks) room too - if you definitely want to be in the Park Inn, I'd book quite soon if you're sure you're going - I was in the Ibis last time and even though it's about the same price and it really is only 5 minutes away walking, being in the con hotel this time was so much easier. Am glad it's back in Northampton though - Hilton was just too big!

Yeah, I agree. I've been to both hotels for cons now and although the Hilton was very nice, it was absolutely massive. You practically needed a map and compass to find your way around. I guess there are pros and cons to having it somewhere bigger, but I think it'll be nice next year to have it in the Park Inn. (Not been to any Hubs at the Park Inn before).

I've just booked my room, £62 per night for a Queen room. :D

I'm slightly confused now, The Hub 2 which was at the Park Inn hotel had a convention code (see here) so I was presuming that it'd be the same for the Hub 4. It'd be great if a crew member could confirm this as I and a few other members are slightly confused. Sorry for being a bit of a pain by the way, I just want to make sure I do it right. :D

You don't want a crew member confirming this, you want an organiser (because I didn't think there was a convention rate for the Park Inn. There certainly wasn't back in the early days of ME, but then I haven't attended, only crewed since Lockdown.).

However, what I will say, is that if a convention code does go up, rooms will go very quick. The Park Inn almost never has enough rooms to hold all the con goers. It's up to you, and whether you'd rather pay extra and pay on the day.

You could always book, and then cancel and rebook if you need a con code. I seem to remember the old cancellation policy was up until 4pm on the day.

Had the debate with the manager once. Officially, they do not allow three adults to share a room (only 2 adults and a child). This has to do with their insurance and H&S rules.... of course, what they don't know, probably can't hurt them :D

The Hilton Metropole is a much nicer hotel, but it's chuffin expensive (although the convention food they put on is reasonably priced.) The Park Inn is situated right in the town centre, so there are a lot more shops and choice for food, immediately local. :D

Had the debate with the manager once. Officially, they do not allow three adults to share a room (only 2 adults and a child). This has to do with their insurance and H&S rules.... of course, what they don't know, probably can't hurt them :(

The Hilton Metropole is a much nicer hotel, but it's chuffin expensive (although the convention food they put on is reasonably priced.) The Park Inn is situated right in the town centre, so there are a lot more shops and choice for food, immediately local. :D

I neally fell over when they told me the price for my drink - £6-something for a Vodka and Coke! :D I didn't have many of those over the weekend!

Like you say, the food wasn't too bad but The Park Inn is much easier food wise etc. because there's more places to go.

Aren't we meant to wait for a convention code? I'm sure that's what we've been told for the previous events so I haven't booked my room yet. I've researched the Park Inn a lot now though and it seems perfect. Its about a quarter of a mile from the train station, in the town centre where my mum can go shopping, about 2 hours away from where I live and it just seems perfect. I did however love the Birmingham NEC this year but I've never been to the Park Inn so can't compare them. :D

I just tried to book a room and was told the con rate was £65 per night and HAD to be paid at the time of booking.

I asked what the normal rate was if I wanted to pay when I get there and was told there is NO SUCH OPTION because the convention has the entire hotel reserved.

Now I'm confused, since you managed to book a room for £69 per night without paying in advance, right?

However, what I will say, is that if a convention code does go up, rooms will go very quick. The Park Inn almost never has enough rooms to hold all the con goers. It's up to you, and whether you'd rather pay extra and pay on the day.

Yeah, that's very true. I've just spoken to my mum and she said that if there's been no word from anyone official in the next few hours, she'll book our room after tea. Hopefully there'll still be some left then. :D

You don't want a crew member confirming this, you want an organiser (because I didn't think there was a convention rate for the Park Inn. There certainly wasn't back in the early days of ME, but then I haven't attended, only crewed since Lockdown.).

You could always book, and then cancel and rebook if you need a con code. I seem to remember the old cancellation policy was up until 4pm on the day.

Just to outline what I was told by hotel earlier - I think you only save £4 a night with the con rate and also you have to pay upfront to get con rate. If you ring the Park Inn direct they might be able to confirm what I just said.

• Moderators

No idea what they're like on the phone, but I had no problems booking a normal cancellable pay-on-the-weekend twin room online for the weekend - we don't want breakfast (only ate it once this weekend anyway) so it's averaging at less than £65 a night...

Aren't we meant to wait for a convention code? I'm sure that's what we've been told for the previous events so I haven't booked my room yet. I've researched the Park Inn a lot now though and it seems perfect. Its about a quarter of a mile from the train station, in the town centre where my mum can go shopping, about 2 hours away from where I live and it just seems perfect. I did however love the Birmingham NEC this year but I've never been to the Park Inn so can't compare them. :D

I just tried to book a room and was told the con rate was £65 per night and HAD to be paid at the time of booking.

I asked what the normal rate was if I wanted to pay when I get there and was told there is NO SUCH OPTION because the convention has the entire hotel reserved.

Now I'm confused, since you managed to book a room for £69 per night without paying in advance, right?

Sorry just read this - maybe the organisers have been in touch with the hotel since I phoned as this has me pretty confused too ....

Yeah, I'm even more confused now. Hopefully someone will be on to explain the situation soon and if not, I'll ask whoever answers the phone when I ring up after tea. I'd much rather stay at the Park Inn to be honest. :D :D

Edited by Doctor Who

Yeah, I agree. I've been to both hotels for cons now and although the Hilton was very nice, it was absolutely massive. You practically needed a map and compass to find your way around. I guess there are pros and cons to having it somewhere bigger, but I think it'll be nice next year to have it in the Park Inn. (Not been to any Hubs at the Park Inn before).

I've just booked my room, £62 per night for a Queen room. :blink:

Hiya, did you manage to get a business room for £62 cos got my reservation at £75?

Hiya, did you manage to get a business room for £62 cos got my reservation at £75?

It's not a business room I've booked - I just went for a normal room B&B. Am slightly concerned I may have booked the wrong place reading all the other comments about rates!!

It's not a business room I've booked - I just went for a normal room B&B. Am slightly concerned I may have booked the wrong place reading all the other comments about rates!!

if you book b&b online for 1 person it's £62, if you change it to 2 people it's £69 - presumably to account for the extra towel, etc that the second person would use <shrug>