GUEST CANCELLATION John Barrowman

showmasters

But as David said, how would you tell who got tickets just for him, its only their word. If that was the case all of us who got tickets could do the same, as ME couldnt disprove that we got tickets just for John of we said so.

Sorry guys, but your not going to get ANYTHING because you chose to go just for him. It was a risk and you took it. This time it didnt work.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only cases that Showmasters offer something along similar lines is if the event is actually cancelled. They're the only cases I've heard of and they're being generous in doing so. :D It's very unfortunate that John can't make it but I don't think any special rewards for other events should be given out, they're trying to get us more guests and that's a good enough good will gesture really. I can't wait to see who they get as a replacement guest or guests. B)

Edited by Doctor Who

• Moderators

But as David said, how would you tell who got tickets just for him, its only their word. If that was the case all of us who got tickets could do the same, as ME couldnt disprove that we got tickets just for John of we said so.

Exactly.

Plus then you'll get everyone who just wants to see John at London, and will complain that others are getting preferential treatment etc.

Not worth the hassle really :D

Dufresne, you know it will - there are probably people who haven't found out yet and who aren't members of the forum. I'm still amazed by the lack of foot stamping to be honest :pyth:

Ha! That'll teach me to look for closed threads!

Edited by sazzra

• Moderators

I'm still amazed by the lack of foot stamping to be honest :pyth:

When I came on last night (when I got back from La Cage, ironically lol... had already heard that he'd cancelled from someone there) I was expecting a huge furore on here about it and instead found, for the most part... a lot of reasonable people going 'yeah I'm upset but it's not the end of the world - I'm still going to have a good time'.

Really quite astonished, lol. Am more surprised by the general reaction on here about it than I was about the cancellation itself!

Most of the complaining has been done by email - presumably because they've read the mostly acceptable reaction on here, and know it'd be met with backlash of sorts ;)

Since when has 'the backlash' stopped it??? :P

And I had a perfect Stilton picture lined up too :angry:

• Moderators

Most of the complaining has been done by email - presumably because they've read the mostly acceptable reaction on here, and know it'd be met with backlash of sorts :P

Since when has 'the backlash' stopped it??? :angry:

It never really stops it, but some people do like to complain without reply lol

Yet you do get people doing that on here and then expecting no one to post back, which is a bit odd considering it's pretty much a public forum but hey .. logic goes out of the window sometimes!

:D I'm just hoping he's getting paid per request!

:D I should be doing, you're right, why didn't I think of that before? Oh by the way, I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but if we're getting a guest replacement, I would love to see; Naoko Mori, Freema Agyeman, Burn Gorman, Tom Price or Kai Owen announced. Lachlan Nieboer, Matt Rippy or Alan Dale would be fantastic too. :D :D

Edited by Doctor Who