Priceless

cills77

Wow!!!!

I have just travelled home after an amazing weekend meeting some of the cast.

Such a patient group of men and very nice eye candy too haha.

The only criticism I have is the Prom night was taken over by everyone snapping photographs and crowding the guests. Although I appreciate everyone is excited and the guests were very polite about it, it would have been a lt nicer for them if they had been able to relax and take in the atmosphere. This however is not through the fault of the fans, this is through the crew not ensuring the guideline clearly set out in the terms and conditions were not adhered to. However the rest of the two days all rules were met : :P !!!

Amarzing weekend, am on such a come down now...

Charlie was lolarious... How mangled was he on Friday night...? Him doing the conga on the dance floor was a total highlight, he really cut it loose, must have been great to come home!

Typical that we were the last to leave the party...! I was suffering yesterday.... mahahaha!

Thanks Jason, Mark and all the crew, was totally the best Twilight event so far!

xoxoxo

Edited by SugarSpunSister

This however is not through the fault of the fans, this is through the crew not ensuring the guideline clearly set out in the terms and conditions were not adhered to.

I'm sorry. I happen to think this is ENTIRELY the fans, and not the crew. Crew are volunteers at these events, and are NOT there to babysit the fans or the guests. In the evening, the guests are assigned bodyguards to make sure they are not bothered by 'overly enthusiastic' fans, or anyone who makes them feel uncomfortable. It is the FANS responsibility to respect the fact that the guests are only going to stay if they're having a good time, and being asked to pose for photo after photo isn't that much fun for them.

I happen to think you placing the blame on the crew is a) entirely misplaced, as you clearly have no idea what the role of the crew is. and :P Fairly rude, because I'd like to see you tell a guest that they couldn't have a photo with a guest if they wanted one.

The fans should NOT put the guests in a situation where they'd feel rude by refusing a photo, but may also be equally happy to pose for them.

well said evie the crew at not to blame at all they dont have to have be there but they are and i also think its rude that they are being blamed the fans who choice to do it they have there own minds

i will not say i was inoccent that nite but i would say that some ppl would not leave them alone altho i will say i think charlie did enjoy it very much also i would say that we are alot calmer then they are in america

x

i went to the birmigham prom and had a good chat with all the actors especially charlie he was a great laugh. i made sure that we just took one photo with each of the actors to give everybody else a chance to have one also.

It was a brilliant weekend, and can't wait to go to another!!!!

lauren x

I think if they really had a problem with having their photo's taken, they'd avoid it surely. I mean, my friend got a lot of photo's with us and Charlie, and he was loving it, posing for every one, grabbing us and throwing my friends about. It was brilliant. Obviously we weren't just taking photos, we were talking to him aswell, and buying eachother drinks, but he didn't look like he was having a problem with it. Looked like he was having a whale of a time! Haha. Definatley the best con I've been to. Got to have a nice chat with all the guests, something I definately didn't get to experience at ET. The crew were brilliant, the guests were brilliant, their bodyguards were hilarious and all the attendees were relaxed and having a great time.

I 100% agree with that. I dont think anybody is to 'blame', but come on guys. Say hi, take a photo chat for 5 minutes then GO AWAY. It was IMPOSSIBLE to find Charlie alone for 2 minutes to quickly give him his scrapbook, I actually had to wait until the auto session with 50 other people in line looking at me like a obsessive stalker.

I know 2 girls that were in the lobby, we stood waiting for a good 10 minutes waiting to talk but they 'hogged' him. I do agree there should be more guidelines around the guests in parties, but then again its not the crews job to baby sit guests or people attending plus the crew want to have a nice time at the parties to. I can see where everybodys coming from. I think people were simply to selfish and to greedy and they were to blame. I never got a photo cuz I coldnt get in to get one.

Ha yeah, I asked the girl who was sitting beside him (not sure of her name, pretty, young, brown wavy hair?) anyway she said I could so I was like "Hi, I'm not a stalker or anything, but could I give you this? Its messages from fans and things" lol he blushed and said "Man, I feel so humbled" I smiled and he said it was "Beauitful" and had a quick look through then said "I'll have a good read through later" he signed by pic and off I went.

I'll ask him on twitter if he can photo himself with it and send me a copy, not that he will but I will ask anyways =] I'm not smart enough to think to take a photo before I gave it to him

• Showmasters Admin

It's always a hard one.

I understand it's annoying when some people hog guests. But we don't want to be all over the guests and stopping the attenedees getting to them. Also they are big enough to say "Thanks" and move on if THEY want to. We can't stand there and pull the guest away if they are talking for more than 2 minutes. We'd look very rude to the guests.

We do try and help and at times at both events when attendees came to me and said they'd not met one of the guys, if I saw they were free for a second, I'd go over and get them.

We try our best but we A: can't force the guests around the room and on the other hand we don't want it to turn it in to an odd meet and greet/photo thing. With people just lining up the say hi and take a picture.

We have to let the guests have their freedom, it's their party too.

Ha yeah, I asked the girl who was sitting beside him (not sure of her name, pretty, young, brown wavy hair?) anyway she said I could so I was like "Hi, I'm not a stalker or anything, but could I give you this? Its messages from fans and things" lol he blushed and said "Man, I feel so humbled" I smiled and he said it was "Beauitful" and had a quick look through then said "I'll have a good read through later" he signed by pic and off I went.

I'll ask him on twitter if he can photo himself with it and send me a copy, not that he will but I will ask anyways =] I'm not smart enough to think to take a photo before I gave it to him

Thank you so much for letting me sign it last night! I didn't want to miss signing it was so sweet of you to let me :YAHOO: I actually didn't think the crowds around the guests were as bad as I thought, but that might just be because every time Katie and I met them, we always just walked past them in the corridors :D Met Charlie & Daniel once in the actual prom room, but met Charlie at least 5 times in the corridors which made for many jokes on the Sunday about us stalking him and him stalking us, then calling Katie & myself the pyjama girls :dance:

Tbh I did love the fact that we coud have pix with the guests in the prom......that was a nice surprise as it has never really happened so freely at any of the main 3 day cons I've been to.

I totally understand why it doesnt happen and I think it would spoil things for the guests if it happened or was allowed at ET2.

Was just the right amount of ppl at the Proms for the guests to not feel too crowded.

Sounds like you Londoners got a better deal tho with Charlie out on the dancefloor and a tad drunk! He was being sensible with us!

xxxx

After talking to crew it seems the guests were much less hastled at birmingham which is a shame cus it means maybe some london guests missed out?

I get the feeling it was the other way round a lil? Esp with what I've heard about Charlie doing the conga and being out on the dancefloor.

Suppose it's gonna be different for everyone as we all will have had slightly different experiences.

xxxx

After talking to crew it seems the guests were much less hastled at birmingham which is a shame cus it means maybe some london guests missed out?

i went to the london and barely got to talk to Charlie, as everyone was around him, and loads of people followed his every move. We waited till he was more alone and then got to have a photo with him. He was really nice and gave us the time of day to chat a bit which was good :P I really had fun!

i went to the london and barely got to talk to Charlie, as everyone was around him, and loads of people followed his every move. We waited till he was more alone and then got to have a photo with him. He was really nice and gave us the time of day to chat a bit which was good :P I really had fun!

See I spoke to him loaddddddddddds at brum about my website, we were playing black jack with him, got him to do a fan sign for my website, he spoke about stuffed lol, it's a shame he was pestered :D

I get the feeling it was the other way round a lil? Esp with what I've heard about Charlie doing the conga and being out on the dancefloor.

Suppose it's gonna be different for everyone as we all will have had slightly different experiences.

xxxx

Dunno that's just what the crew said lol, Charlie knows how to work a crowd he was having banter with the DJ cus he said london was better but charlie said brum was, but then again he was IN brum at the time surrounded by all the brum attendees haha

PMSL, rude and misplaced. You are obviously unaware that if you volunteer to "look after" the guests then adhering to the rules of the company you have volunteered to work for is their responsibiity. It clearly states not to take photographs of the guests at the prom, fans should respec t that but at the same time the volunteers should ensure this guideline is met.

It is simply laughable when at the prom, although the "security" was with them and tried their best to ensure the guest were comfortable, the guests must of had a migraine with the flashes of the cameras and the stalker cringeworthy fans swamped them. But the following day when 3 empty director chairs where on the stage and not a guest in the room, I tried to take a photo of the area and was told it was not allowed!!! Would this not be the volunteers double standards then?

Whilst on the subject which I wasnt going to broach but now feel compelled to do so, think if you pay for a gold ticket then you get the privilege of what you pay for, not pay a standard ticket, show lots of flesh and cunningly bide your time to sneak into the VIP area, maybe if some of the volunteers hadnt been full of their own self importance, and humilating members of the hotel staff at the bar then this could of been avoided.

How many Twilight convention goers would pay £7 fr a shot of Baileys? AS much as I like the stuff I would just as happily sup something else that is stocked at the makeshift bar which is also cheaper. However this lady then decided to list as many uncommonly drunk beverages as she could, whilst spouting on that "her people" should be able to get whichever drink they request. As you say they are only volunteers.

Having spoken to Jose, Daniel and Charlie they were more than happy to drink something that was available to them and as they are very down to earth men I dont think that "her people" would make such demands.

You have to remember most fans are very respectful for the guests and it is the small minority that continue to not only embarrass themselves but make it impossible for our favourite actors to do these events. Rob will never be seen at a convention purely because of the possessed fans.

However hats off to the volunteers who did do their jobs and to the guests who were patient, kind and considerate enough to not let it ruin the event.

I can't comment on much of what you said, 'cause tbh I didn't see it all. All I can say is if you're talking about who I think you are who got into the VIP area, while it may not have been fair, she didn't get in there because of what she was wearing, several people told me she was asked to go in there for some reason. Why? I don't know, but it's what the girl herself told me too.

But I did hear one bar was more expensive than the other, but I just kept going to the hotels bar anyways