Shy..?

JessieBear

Wow that's really nice ! I love meeting new people ! At ET1 one I became friend with a girl who was alone too and we ended up staying together during the weekend, that was nice ^^ And we'll maybe meet again at the official convention in Paris :blush:

If anyone's alone too I'm okay for some "Hi ! Can we spend time together ?" xD

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really shy so I'm kinda excited but scared at the same time for et2.

I don't know anyone that's going 'cause my friend backed out so hopefully i can make friends down there.

you all seem like nice people so I'm sure I'll be fine ^.^

I'm like.. dead shy XD Hah. XD

Hmmm Yeah, we noticed :(

I am quiet shy as well so this sounds good cos i am going alone my friend who was coming just got engaged so cant come anymore

I got to speak to you :clap:

Hi there, I just registered but I come here everyday ^^'

Well, I'm coming alone this time ( went to ET1 )... And I'm kinda shy too :D Good to see I'm not the only one xD I'm French and staying at the Park Inn :P

I overheard charlie chatting away in french to an attendee at Brum Proms. Keep your fingers crossed for him at a future con then ;)

We are looking at something that may help with this.

But if that doesn't happen. If you do find yourself alone please do talk to a crew member. Any of them will help you to find a group to join. It happened a couple of times at the Proms where a lone person came to me and I found them a new group of friends ;)

I did it at the Hub 1 for one lady and now she's best friends with the people I introduced her to. They came to Hub 2 together and are coming to Hub 3 together too.

Aw, thats really sweet!

I will happily sit and chat. I always used to be shy as a teenager, I mean, sit in a corner and not speak all night, then my parents got remarried, and my step dad said that it was his ultimate goal to bring us out f our shells. There are still lots of things I am really insecure about - my appearance, my voice, I NEVER have my photograph taken, or dance with strangers, (bit of a low self esteem thing)

But Brum Proms was so amazing, I did both!

My hubby is in complete shock, because we went from having a total of 2 photographs of me up in the house (one aged 3 and one from 17 years ago), to me being all over facebook!

I still hate seeing me in photos, but now I recognise that those photos are a brilliant reminder I wouldn't have if I hadn't gone in them.

Come up and say hi if you want to! I'll be the mad 38 year old welsh woman talking nineteen to the dozen! :D

Edited by Rhianydd

:rolleyes: brilliant bless ya :)

aww bless ya i totally get what u mean about the low self esteem ..but def getting much better its nice to have the memories :unsure:

cant wait to meet u all :)

Make sure you say hi! Self esteem not getting better, just decided to ignore it and enjoy myself anyway, and shudder when I see the pics. You know when people say thats a lovely photo, dress, hair or whatever, you don't believe them? Still got that, but don't care as much cos I have the photos of the lovely people I got to meet.

I am lucky and staying with Jo (found my edward) but we only met at proms too. Both lucky enough to get sudden tickets (legitimately I must add before anyone gets cross!)

So effectively, (but not really) we are both attending on our own.

To be honest, people were so wonderful at proms, although I will still be nervous going , there are so many lovely people going, and the crew are wonderful too, they make you feel straight away at home, TT, Davey, Jo, Mary, Wendy and a lovely girl who played balloon snakes with my son but I sadly don't know her name :D

Do as TT suggested and grab one of the crew if you are on your own, if they see me hanging around, tell them Rhi said she will talk anyones head off :wub:

So are we going to set up a corner in the party with a sign "Rhi's home for lost and lonely attendees"? :rolleyes:

:unsure: You can if you like, doesn't bother me :wub: Although I think you may have gathered that at the weekend. It was only when I walked out of the auto room after taking my cake to the guests, that I realised how overly chatty I was with them, but they were really chatty back. I'm afraid that I don't really make the distinction between "celebs" and "normals", everyone just gets treated the same :D Too much time chatting to rugby celebs as a kid with my Gramp. Got to meet all the Welsh rugby greats (no sarcy comments there!)

I've got 45 new students this week, thankfully, I know some of them, but I think the rest were stunned into silence, cos I just yapped for wales.

Does mean that straight away they yapped back, no sitting in silence in my classes, all my students have made some cracking friends in their groups and confessed to not really having a social life before.

Me? Stuck in the house making cakes, drawing or hanging on the forum :D NO social life until my cousin and sister take me out (moved back home years ago, but they are my best friends - fab! I missed them when I lived in Wiltshire)

and ps, in case you are wondering where the ridiculous long posts come from, I type almost as fast as I talk, so don't bother with instant messsenger or facebook chat (when it works) cos it scares people!

:D

I envy all of you, well, you are shy, but i'm very shy and i don't speak english very well, 2 big problems, for me the Convention is a little torture

oh no! Thats really sad! :D

A little, but I will going with 3 Spanish friends and always meets more Spanish people.. :smile:

TooTall, my native language is Spanish

Edited by venom90

I wish I'd carried on with Spanish as well as French. I love the language (:

& I always thought I was shy until the Proms. Turns out I'm not the social recluse everyone pegged me down as, funny how things work out sometimes (((((:

Ditto that x

On the language front I did 5 when I was younger, was fluent in Welsh + English mother tongue (I lost my welsh when we moved to London though :smile: ) and then French, German, Italian and Spanish in school.

lol you think I'd be good at languages wouldn't you? I'm fantastic... if you need help finding the train station or would like to know what me and my family enjoy doing on the weekends lol xx

I wish I'd carried on with Spanish as well as French. I love the language (:

& I always thought I was shy until the Proms. Turns out I'm not the social recluse everyone pegged me down as, funny how things work out sometimes (((((:

Ditto that x

On the language front I did 5 when I was younger, was fluent in Welsh + English mother tongue (I lost my welsh when we moved to London though :smile: ) and then French, German, Italian and Spanish in school.

lol you think I'd be good at languages wouldn't you? I'm fantastic... if you need help finding the train station or would like to know what me and my family enjoy doing on the weekends lol xx

Funny you should say that, any languages we seem to learn in school/college is all about finding the toilet or something!

I had to do German and Italian for musicians in music college! Rubbish! We already knew what the writing meant on the score! Thats all it was. Oh, and our Italian teaching saying, "its not oh, always you english people with the "Oh" (I'm welsh, and we don't talk tidy like! So she never said anything to me.

Did French o level, but all that does, is help me find a taxi in euro disney! Rubbish!

Stupid short term memory! I was quite fluent in french at school cos my friends mum was french and wouldn't speak english to me while we were studying for our olevels.

Can I remember much? Zip!

• Showmasters Admin

I envy all of you, well, you are shy, but i'm very shy and i don't speak english very well, 2 big problems, for me the Convention is a little torture

oh no! Thats really sad! :D

A little, but I will going with 3 Spanish friends and always meets more Spanish people.. :D

TooTall, my native language is Spanish

OK, cool. That's what I was thinking. We can always look at finding you some other spanish attendees that maybe have strong English and so can help when us Brits start talking too quickly :blink:

My native language for part of my father is catalan, a language of a part of Spain (Barcelona), obviously I Speak Spanish, and in the School I studied French, but i don't remember anything..

Now i study English ( Basic - intermediate level, reading and writing, because speaking anyone understand me haha) and the next week i start to study German..

TooTall, the last convention (et1) I met a Spanish mother who talks English perfect, I saw the salvation in his eyes

Edited by venom90

:wub: brilliant bless ya :)

aww bless ya i totally get what u mean about the low self esteem ..but def getting much better its nice to have the memories :P

cant wait to meet u all :)

Make sure you say hi! Self esteem not getting better, just decided to ignore it and enjoy myself anyway, and shudder when I see the pics. You know when people say thats a lovely photo, dress, hair or whatever, you don't believe them? Still got that, but don't care as much cos I have the photos of the lovely people I got to meet.

I am lucky and staying with Jo (found my edward) but we only met at proms too. Both lucky enough to get sudden tickets (legitimately I must add before anyone gets cross!)

So effectively, (but not really) we are both attending on our own.

To be honest, people were so wonderful at proms, although I will still be nervous going , there are so many lovely people going, and the crew are wonderful too, they make you feel straight away at home, TT, Davey, Jo, Mary, Wendy and a lovely girl who played balloon snakes with my son but I sadly don't know her name :(

Do as TT suggested and grab one of the crew if you are on your own, if they see me hanging around, tell them Rhi said she will talk anyones head off :wub:

oh yeah i no that one lol they like aww u look lovely in this pic and its like erm...no i dont but moving on :wub: and aww its good that you dont care us much :wub: x awwwwwww thats lovely that u found ur edward...i think my edward is lost or something lol :wub: aww yeah the crew were lovely :) hahah ill remember to ask for Rhi then heheh :wub:

xx

Aww id like to be able to talk spanish :) maybe you can teach us all a bit :wub: from your posting though your english seems pretty good :) im sure there will be some people around that can talk it well though :)

xx