Cosplay-What you planning for 2010 :)?

touchthesky

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want to know is how, exactly, that Britney was considered a "fail" by so many people. Sure, she had put on a bit of weight, but that's what happens when you have kids and aren't 16 years old any more. I say fair f*cks to her and any man who says he wouldn't tap that is a godamned liar. If more women resembled "fail" Britney this world would be a far better place to look at. Fact.

Oh, and as for Steven Tyler always looking the same, this:

tyleryoung.jpg

In no way resembles this:

Steven-Tyler-old-lady-pic.jpg

Edited by MartyMichaels

Still tempted to wear my customed up Trek gear.

Just finished the second version and it's turned out better than I expected. Which is great considering I was making up the pattern as I went along using an old notepad.

The undershirt was the most recent achievement... and I had no pattern to speak of, just cut up an old t-shirt to use as a rough guide, made up the collar as I went and hoped for the best.

s7302104.jpg

I'm doing the BSG uniforms for Raven next, though I may do some more custom stuff. Got a lot of deep red that I may make a Kelvin-style costume from and tempted to grab some Trek patterns.

This could be a new obsession...

Still tempted to wear my customed up Trek gear...

I like it. Not sure about having the zipper in front, but I do like it. It has a TMP-ish sort of look to it, and although I hated those uniforms, I kinda dig this.

When I made the sketches, the zipper was always there as a First Contact style thing. Though there was more inspiration initially from Stargate Atlantis.

The overall look had elements from pretty much all the uniforms - including TMP, which is a good spotting. I wasn't really keen on the TMP gear as it looked a bit like the crew were ready for bed, but I liked the short sleeves adding to the casual-ness.

Isnt it based on the work-out gear they wore on Voyager?

I noticed that myself when I was digging through some old pics. It wasn't really intended to be similar (aside from the undershirt colour) but I did like the accidental similarity.

I've still got a meter of dark red, so I'm tempted to make a long sleeve variant. Either that, or play around and do a Kelvin-style uniform from the new movie.

Just decided on ma final cosplays for this year

Day 1: No face from Spirited away im trying to make it so i have fake gold in my pocket so if someone takes it a can make a mouth appear on my stomach and snap after them probably frightining them to death

Spiritedaway.jpg

Day 2: Ryuk from Death Note im about to start making a mask for him cause his face is to destorted to use makeup for

ryuk-3.jpg

Or my Alternitive if i cant get them done in time

Tira from Soul Caliber

Day 1: No face from Spirited away im trying to make it so i have fake gold in my pocket so if someone takes it a can make a mouth appear on my stomach and snap after them probably frightining them to death

And people ask me, "Marty why don't you like anime?" Say what you like about talking robots and armoured space stations, mouths in stomachs that snap when someone takes gold out your pocket is just plain wierd.