Cosplay-What you planning for 2010 :)?

touchthesky

What happened to your head?

Speaking of head (mind out of the gutter, ComaWhite) I did some super lofi makeup tests for the Red Skull this morning. I don't have any red makeup (bizarrely) so I did a traditional white and black skull. Didn't put my white contacts in, didn't bother with a bald cap, just sat down in front of the mirror and had some fun. Looks ok for what it is, I guess.

snapshot201001271.jpg

snapshot201001272.jpg

snapshot20100127y.jpg

snapshot201001273.jpg

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too bad.

I did think of ways you could create a mask/headgear for it, but the movable jaw and materials are the tricky part... could end up being too pricey for a one shot wear.

...plus wearing a spandex mask is hot and sweaty enough. Makeups going to be far more comfortable.

My head...lol.

Im not wearing any make-up and I feel poopie..so Douglas was under strict instructions to ensure my head was not in the photo.

I like the skull! i actually just bought white foundation for my costume lol.

im looking for gold contacts but i cant find them anywhere.

Edited by touchthesky

Not too bad.

I did think of ways you could create a mask/headgear for it, but the movable jaw and materials are the tricky part... could end up being too pricey for a one shot wear.

...plus wearing a spandex mask is hot and sweaty enough. Makeups going to be far more comfortable.

Funny you should mention that, cause I was thinking much the same thing myself. If only the con was during or after October, cause it would be way easier to get a hold of a decent skull mask to canibalise during that particular month. Woochie do a skull prostehtic, but, like most of Woochie's stuff, it's not great. They seem to be to makeup what Rubies are to masks and costumes.

Oh, and Vikki - how about these?

Edited by MartyMichaels

do you think they'd work against blue eyes?

Don't see why not. I have blue eyes and all my contacts work great, so yeah, they should be fine. Thanks for the link, too, but that skull's a bit cheezeball looking. The problem is the cheezeball ones are the only affordable ones and the good looking ones cost a freakin' bomb.

Aye..was the same with that dress lol..the screen-used one was a Dianne Von Fustenberg which now, because of the movie, doesn't seem to sell for less than £500. I'm happy enough tho.

Okay, I'm gonna buy the contacts once my pay goes in.

Any idea how long they last?

I like the idea of a make-up Red Skull Marty, simply because it'll give you that full range of emotions that comic characters like that have, but which is difficult to translate into the real world.

Having said that, I thought that this one was pretty good. Obviously imagine it painted red with detail work.

It's obvious you know what you're doing with regards to this stuff so you'd be able to throw something together for the back of the head, yeah?

Having said that, I thought that this one was pretty good. Obviously imagine it painted red with detail work.

That's pretty nice. For twenty quids it's certainly worth a look.

Okay, I'm gonna buy the contacts once my pay goes in.

Any idea how long they last?

Strictly speaking, you're only supposed to use them for, like, 30 days, but if you keep them clean and don't mess about with them, they'll last you a while. My green pair are a year old, and they're fine - they don't irritate my eyes at all.

Edited by MartyMichaels

That skull Turtle posted is quite nice. It's worth checking out and working with as an alternative if you can handle the discomfort. The flexibility is a selling point, and might allow more freedom to talk, eat etc without removing it.

I imagine with the hooded section, you'd need to create something for the back... that could be easy to knock up.

I'm thinking maybe somthing out of sherlock Holmes, if not a character then then clothes from that time periodXD

Bah! Just do what I do and make Victorian dress your everyday clothes.

46007088.jpg

90058547.jpg

I really need to shave.

I like this idea:) I don't get to wear my corsets often enoughXD and there is the thing I have for waist coats, never do wear them lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well for this year i'v had my Tie Pilot cleared for the UKG and GK , but i still have a TK to put together (just need the boots and rom fx).

But i've had another 2 builds , sort ofa started for a while a Pred and a Buster , if algoes to plan then one of them

S6301155-1.jpg