Amazing Guest Announcement coming soon!

showmasters

I agree with your thinking

There is no doubt a lot of people would have made comments on here, and although they would have meant no harm, it may have filtered back to the guest and thats not very nice.

It has been fun reading all the posts in the last few days and kept a lot of people amused :headscratch:

Now to get your entourage up to Glasgow and have a good weekend

ok we have been thinking about this in the office a lot to day and its got a little silly now but funny in a way.

we have been told the contract is on its way, :D but was sent by post now which is not what was supposed to happen :WINCE:

anyway that’s not the issue now

this guest is coming :D , but we now feel that if we just announce them on here people will take the Micky out of them to much and maybe at the show face to face ? , :headscratch: which may just put them off on the day or attending at all :o

so we have to do something to stop this , so to solve this issues we have decided it would be best for them to not announce them in this thread at all

that way they will get announce along with other guest in the next few days, weeks and no one will know for sure which guest this was , that way no one can say for sure who it is and rib them for all this and we can all move on ;)

sorry if this is not want you wanted to hire and it was not what we wanted last Sat, this should have been simple but it has not been , now we have learnt our lesson on this one and we all need to move on ;) , this gust will be at the event and will be announced soon but we will not be linking them to theis thread sorry .

i do hope you all see this is the best for all of us, as in the end we want the guest to be there ,and there is no need to embarrassed them in any way ;) .

i can say that we do have around 3 great guest in the works like this one as well ,so you may never know which one this was and i do think this is best in the end .

i do hope everyone sees sense in what we have decided and why we have done this

thanks for your understanding on this matter and we look forward to announcing some guests in the next few days weeks :dance:

jason :WAVE:

just reading your foram for the past 2 pages and it seems that the joking part may of or not got to the guest i myself have had many a giggle and put quite funny things on there as well but ment no harm and as i agree with you all that i would kick the living daylights out of some one who intends to take the **** out of any guest at the con

that's a shame, but we've waited long enough, at least we know we've got a big announcement coming at some point :D

I don't really mind when the announcement comes as long as it does! (and in time for me to book a hotel if they're important enough to me to want to get there early for, lol)

Edited by lizzy88

Its not his spam up, he is still waiting for a contract he was told would be with him on saturday, then tuesday.

And it isnt the excitment he is 'blaming' us for, just a few people took the ribbing of the guest and situation a bit too far. Not wanting a new guest he hasnt dealt with before to see that sort of comment is just good sense.

In retrospect it might have been a good idea to lock this topic as previously mentioned.

Plus it sounds more like the agent causing the confusion. I'd like to think the guest hasnt been looking for a pen, found one... then put the stamps on the envelope and nipped down to the post office!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing who is announced

that's a shame, but we've waited long enough, at least we know we've got a big announcement coming at some point :D

I don't really mind when the announcement comes as long as it does! (and in time for me to book a hotel if they're important enough to me to want to get there early for, lol)

regardless whos there i and my 2 eldest kids will be and we will be booking our hotel in the last week of september

regardless whos there i and my 2 eldest kids will be and we will be booking our hotel in the last week of september

I'll be going anyway - already bought my entrance for the two days and a couple of photo shoots - but as I'm only from Portsmouth it's not too far for me to go... but after getting the first train I could to LFCC on the Sunday and getting there after doors, depending who the guests are I may book one for the Saturday night to make it easier.

Well like people have said, even a friendly joke about it with the guest may come across to them as a bit unprofessional on SM's side or rude on the customer's side.

And Jason posted the info as they always try and be as open as possible with us, most event organisers wouldnt give us this much communication. It's one of the reasons I like SM so much, you feel very much part of the loop on here. And they are fans just like us.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

• Showmasters Admin

we have left this thread open as its good to let people talk about it and get it all out there sistum we all were looking forward to this and it all went a bit wrong , nothing more we will all get over it and in the end nothing has changed we will have the guest at the show :P

thanks for all being cool and understanding it helps everyone this way

lots more guest to come for this event :D

jason :D

I'll be going anyway - already bought my entrance for the two days and a couple of photo shoots - but as I'm only from Portsmouth it's not too far for me to go... but after getting the first train I could to LFCC on the Sunday and getting there after doors, depending who the guests are I may book one for the Saturday night to make it easier.

I AM FROM DERBY SO ITS BETTER TO STOP THE NIGHT RATHER THAN GET THE LAST TRAIN HOME .

WE MADE THAT MISTAKE AT THE LFCC BELIVE ME AS WE HAVE TO GET THE 7 OCLOCK TRAIN FROM DERBY THEN GET THE TUBE FROM EUSTON JUST TO GET THERE FOR 10 OCLOCK AND GET THE 1600 TRAIN BACK JUST TO GET BACK TO DERBY FOR 7.30PM BUT ITS MORE THAN WORTH IT JUST TO SEE THE SMILE ON MY KIDS FACES WHEN THAY MEET STARS THAY HAVE SEEN IN FILMS

And Jason posted the info as they always try and be as open as possible with us, most event organisers wouldnt give us this much communication. It's one of the reasons I like SM so much, you feel very much part of the loop on here. And they are fans just like us.

The thing I'm going to in Toronto has no forum whatsoever and no indication of how much photoshoots or autographs will be .... so no way of budgeting ..... so we should count ourselves lucky that SM are so forthcoming with info since they really don't have to be.

Unfortunately you can only please some of the people some of the time you can't please all the people all the time.

Forums like this and (for example) AICN display the best and worst of geekdom ..... I believe we should all follow the wisdom of Wil Wheaton when he says "Don't be a dick" ..... it's pretty easy to do ..... if you're about to do or say something ask yourself if I do/say this am I being a dick .... if the answer is yes ... then don't do/say that thing and the world will be a better place :)

NO i think he could be possible

just think of all the Star Wars / Indiana Jones / Bladerunner castshots / posters out there that need his auto on them

I think he's one of the most unlikely living guests we'll ever have.

You got a better chance of s***ing on the moon. Sure laods of people wanna meet him and get his sig on their items - there's absoluelty no question about how popular he'd be but that's besides the point. The fact he'd be so popular is one of the reasons why he wouldnt come - he'd be swamped and there'd be mass hysteria and SM would have to fork out more money than it's worth to get him to attend.

When Jacko was alive everyone wanted his auto too but you can imagine that it just wouldnt be practical or financially viable.

Jacko did do a signing event a few years ago in Japan. I think it was about £300 a ticket, to get to meet him.

• Showmasters Admin

Jacko did do a signing event a few years ago in Japan. I think it was about £300 a ticket, to get to meet him.

it was $5000 each auto with the best prof you can have a photo with him and now its worth that money and so much more , now what would a lot of us pay to meet this man :-(

no more they paid and got something real great they meet him

jason :WAVE: