Guests who we want and want to be there

owlpost1992

Since Hub 3 has been announced we the fans have been canvassing anyone and everyone connected to the show to come. James Moran, Joesph Lidster, Matt Rippy, Gareth David-Lloyd and Kai Owen have officially said they would like to come if they are asked, we as fans would dearly more then anything love to have them there so please could you ask them to come.

Ooh, please can you invite these guests Massive Events. I'd love to see any or all of them there, especially Gareth. By the way we aren't rushing you into booking these guests, we just thought we'd help and let you know of guests that we want to see at the event who have expressed interest in coming theirselves. I'd love to see these guests at the event and some of them already have conventions booked for next year so they really are in demand by Torchwood fans and sci-fi fans alike. I'm sure that ticket sales would rise after the announcements of some of these guests, pretty please can you invite them? :P

Edited by Doctor Who

Chiming in on this thread to agree very strongly with it. To my mind, Gareth is the highest priority because of the events of Children of Earth and the fan demand expressed in your poll and elsewhere, but all of these guests would be lovely, especially those involved with CoE. I would think that Gareth would also produce the biggest ticket bump, if you had to narrow this requested list down to one person.

Seriously, though, according to those who've reported on this, he's said he would come, and we've said that we want him. If you haven't already done so, SM, could you please invite him before he books something else for that weekend? We'd dearly love to see him with John.

Gareth David Lloyd woudl be awesome!

He certainly would be, I agree with everything that has been said in this thread. Please Showmasters/Massive Events could you book some or all of these guests? Like many, my number one choice would be Gareth but they'd all be fantastic. :(

I just have to jump into this thread to say i couldn't agree more with what has been said ....

Gareth with John seem to be something most of us would die to see .... we do need them together one time again, please, pretty please ......

• Moderators

People have to remember that Massive Events have their own budgets and aims for these events, and so there could be reasons behind why they've not asked certain potential guests to this one so far.

Obviously they'll always keep in mind what people actually want, but it's not necessarily viable.

People have to remember that Massive Events have their own budgets and aims for these events, and so there could be reasons behind why they've not asked certain potential guests to this one so far.

Obviously they'll always keep in mind what people actually want, but it's not necessarily viable.

Yeah, that's completely understandable and we'll always keep that in mind. :( Judging on previous events, the line-ups have had three main cast members though so I'm not sure if they'll still be able to afford another one? The line-ups for both Hubs have been fantastic. Also, do Massive Events pay for James Marsters to attend? I'm sure I read somewhere that they don't so that's one of the 'big' guests that's coming as a bonus which won't really affect the costs for other guests if I'm correct? :(

Edit: Wooo, my 500th post. :(

Edited by Doctor Who

This is very true.

In this case, many of us are very anxious to see Gareth (especially) and Kai both because of the events and aftermath of Children of Earth and because they've formed the underpinning of an event that we've come to love in large part for their presence. What I'm trying to say is that from the customers' standpoint, this particular event might not be the right one for which to change the guest lineup quite this much, given the timing of everything. If there is a Hub 4, I think that most of us might be able to deal with their absence more easily then.

This is very true.

In this case, many of us are very anxious to see Gareth (especially) and Kai both because of the events and aftermath of Children of Earth and because they've formed the underpinning of an event that we've come to love in large part for their presence. What I'm trying to say is that from the customers' standpoint, this particular event might not be the right one for which to change the guest lineup quite this much, given the timing of everything. If there is a Hub 4, I think that most of us might be able to deal with their absence more easily then.

Yeah, I completely agree and with the new venue, there's going to be new customers like me. Many of us won't have met the guests before and with the previous events being such a success, it'd perhaps be a good idea to sort of echo the line-ups to draw the new audience in. Pretty please can you book these guests Showmasters/Massive Events? If Gareth came, I would definately book a photo with him and I'm sure I would with Tom, Kai, Matt, James and Joseph if they did them too. :lol:

Edited by Doctor Who

Totally agree that if at all possible Gareth should be there! It would be super fabby if he could, and I for one would be a squeeing fangirl over it!

Seriously, it would be awesome if he was booked, please ME, it would totally make the event for me! *puppy eyes*

Both James Moran, Joesph Lidster and Matt Rippy have said they would do it for free or at least the cost of a standard ticket, that couldn't/wouldn't hurt the budget too much would it?

I think James Moran is now steering well clear of fandom, he's already cancelled one event he was due to do.

I only know him down for one con in the UK and its going ahead, also he's just done one in the US and it went down well so I can see him still coming to this one especially since all fan anger seems aimed at RTD rather then at James.

I pretty much agree with what is being said on here. Even though I have been to the prev two hub events I think

due to the death of Ianto and how it has come across in the fandoms etc Gareth should be at this event. I'd also like Kai to come because he is like the Hub mascot.

I agree that it is prob not the right hub event to change the guests that much and to try and get as many as the main cast - or what was left of them before it would appear we see newbies in series 4!!!

I appreciate Massive Events have their own plans but surely if people are genuinely and politely asking regarding this then it could be considered as it sounds like to me this event would sell alot more if the standard tickets that ate left.

Just in my opinion I would be happy for Matt Rippy, Tom Price, Gareth & Kai to return and even a weevil/blowfish such as Paul Kasey.

I would have thought the number one aim for Massive Events would be to make the convention attendees happy! This could be done by inviting the guests they actually want to see! After all we are the people who are paying a lot of money for the pleasure of attending these events. In the current economic climate, people will begin to choose the companies who actually listen to what is being said to them.

I went to the the first two Hubs and really enjoyed them.

I have a gold ticket for Hub 3 and so far I'm not very inspired by what is happening or in this case not happening.

We have John Barrowman who is fantastic, but presumably attending on the Sunday only, which will be a manic day, if last time is anything to go by.

James Marsters who we will have to pay out even more money for.

Plus three single episode guest stars and an actor who played a minor role in Children of Earth.

I'm not knocking them, I'm sure they are very nice people and will be very good company at the convention.

What we would like to see are the actors and writers whose names actually appear at the beginning of the episodes and who have been associated with Torchwood over the three series.

For example Gareth David-Lloyd, Kai Owen, Tom Price, James Moran and Joseph Lidster to name a few.

Thank you.

Edited by toottims

Adding my voice to the crowd...

After the events of COE, I think it would be a real shame not to invite Gareth. Even people who are not specifically a fan of him or Ianto would surely like to hear his take on the events of S3. It won't be a case of repeating the same anecdotes from the first two conventions, and if he's moving on from the Torchwood world, it might not be so easy to book him for future events.

For the first major UK convention post-COE, I think it would be a mistake not to have the actor of the character who has arguably sparked the most discussion and debate since COE has aired, with articles on BBC news about the campaign to bring him back.

Plus, with John only there for one day, it'd be great to have a full time cast member there for the full weekend. The other guests lined up are great, but not one of them has appeared in more than a handful of episodes. Their Torchwood experience is limited.

• Moderators

I would have thought the number one aim for Massive Events would be to make the convention attendees happy! This could be done by inviting the guests they actually want to see! After all we are the people who are paying a lot of money for the pleasure of attending these events. In the current economic climate, people will begin to choose the companies who actually listen to what is being said to them.

Of course they want to make attendees happy. I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise - I'm certainly not.

But at the same time, no one knows the ins and outs of negotiations and I for one don't really believe in going to potential guests myself and doing the work for the organisers. They have all the contacts, and they'll no doubt be working on things themselves. I don't like to think of people interfering, and I've always wanted to respect the decisions of those who are actually putting up the money for these events.

And to be fair, while the organisers certainly want to please attendees, they can't always give everyone everything that they want. That's all I was saying - it's not always viable for whatever reasons, and we have no idea what they're planning.

So everyone can feel free to request whichever guests they may want to attend any event, but in the end it's certainly up to the organisers to run the event, not the attendees :angry:

Of course they want to make attendees happy. I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise - I'm certainly not.

But at the same time, no one knows the ins and outs of negotiations and I for one don't really believe in going to potential guests myself and doing the work for the organisers. They have all the contacts, and they'll no doubt be working on things themselves. I don't like to think of people interfering, and I've always wanted to respect the decisions of those who are actually putting up the money for these events.

And to be fair, while the organisers certainly want to please attendees, they can't always give everyone everything that they want. That's all I was saying - it's not always viable for whatever reasons, and we have no idea what they're planning.

So everyone can feel free to request whichever guests they may want to attend any event, but in the end it's certainly up to the organisers to run the event, not the attendees :angry:

This isn't meant to be criticism just as a friendly nod as who we as paying attendees want and with both SM and guest knowing the other is willing to come/is wanted then it narrows down who to ask rather then troll through 31 episodes and look through the credits and phone up every one's agent.

It just feels as if we are forgotten in terms of other more major cons like Collectormania Copenhagen and one in 2010 that I get almost constantly daily tweets about who they've got.

Side note, please can you guys at least give us the party themes?