Video Gaming Zone and Artist Alley Timetables!

Hi all, as you know Animeleague are heading up the Video Gaming and Artist Alley this year. I am pleased to now announce our full timetable for both of these areas! Note that times and activities are subject to changes etc etc (usual disclaimers).

Video Gaming Zone

Registration for the tournaments will be open from 9am onward throughout the day at our Video Game Operations (VGO) desk within the Video Game Zone (it'll be labeled you won't miss it). You will need to turn up FIVE MINUTES BEFORE the tournament is due to start and report in, or we may assume you are no longer coming and remove you.

Winners of these tournaments will win prizes!

Saturday

11am - 1pm - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Tournament (Retro - Megadrive)

1pm - 3pm - Super Mario Smash Brawl Tournament (Wii)

4pm - 6pm - Stepmania Tournament

Sunday

11am - 1pm - Street Fighter 4 Tournament (Xbox 360)

1pm - 3pm - Mario Kart Wii Tournament (Wii)

4pm - 6pm - Stepmania Tournament

Artist Alley

Signups for the Iron Artist (the main contest) and Gundam Speed Build will be open from 9am onward. You will need to turn up FIVE MINUTES BEFORE the tournament is due to start and report in, or we may assume you are no longer coming and remove you

Additionally, there will be an Art Wall that will be up throughout the day for you to draw and add your artwork to. The top three pieces of artwork as judged by our panel of professionals at the end of the day will win prizes!

Saturday

11am - Model Building Talk by Gundam Nation and Kustom Model Works

Midday - Gundam Speed Build Competition

1pm – Character design for Games and Illustration Talk by Nikki Hunter and Vanessa Wells

2-4pm - Iron Artist

4pm - Life Drawing Class by Huy Truong

5pm – Portfolio Building workshop by Nikki Hunter and Vanessa Wells

Sunday

11am - Manga Art Talk by Phill Knott

Midday - Western Comics Panel by Huy Truong

1pm - BJD Panel and Restringing Workshop

2pm - 4pm – Doll Meet

4pm – Portfolio Building Workshop by Nikki Hunter and Huy Troung

Any questions? Fire away!

Edited by FreeSaiyan

Do you have to be available for the whole two hours to take part? There are some talks that clash with the games I'm interested in.

Also, do we need prior knowledge on how to play the games? I've never played Mario Brawl before, but no how to operate a Wii.

Hey, with regards to the video gaming tournament will there be other games and things to do if your not taking part in the tournament. I'm just asking cos i assume there is but wanna check :YAHOO:

There will be an array of games to play when there isn't a tournament going on.

Do you have to be available for the whole two hours to take part? There are some talks that clash with the games I'm interested in.

Also, do we need prior knowledge on how to play the games? I've never played Mario Brawl before, but no how to operate a Wii.

These games are all very simple so prior knowledge isn't required. Of course you'd be at a disadvantage to someone who has played it before, but that applies to everything.

And Free, it's just Super Smash Bros. Brawl - no Mario in the title. :D

Edited by speedlol!ta

Street Fighters 4!!!!

But why on Xbox 360???? The Xbox 360's pad is very very very bad for this game!!!!!!

Well, ideally so is the PS3 pad. An arcade stick would be ideal, and can be provided but that wouldn't be fair on the opponent using the Xbox 360 controller.

SF4 isn't that bad on the 360 pad. You get used to it pretty quickly.

Sure the arcade stick would be nice, but those things are expensive :blink:

Well, my own has full arcade parts and has a PlayStation controller PCB and a wired 360 controller PCB inside. :blink:

I'll try get my hands on a Mad Catz SE then I'll bring them - would make the tournament more fun. Of course if people preferred to use a pad that's fine too.

When your tournament starts there will be a rota of when your match is on. Provided you're there when your matches are due to take place, then that's fine and you can wander off. Obviously if we can't find you when your match is on, then you forfeit.

These games are all very simple so prior knowledge isn't required. Of course you'd be at a disadvantage to someone who has played it before, but that applies to everything.

And Free, it's just Super Smash Bros. Brawl - no Mario in the title. :lol:

Opps, slip of the keyboard

When your tournament starts there will be a rota of when your match is on. Provided you're there when your matches are due to take place, then that's fine and you can wander off. Obviously if we can't find you when your match is on, then you forfeit.

Thanks for the help

I'd like some clarification please:

Sonic 2

- What exactly are the criteria for winning the tournament? Are we talking about powering through specific zones, or speed runs? What about speed emerald collecting?

- Will this be done on the original megadrive, or downloaded onto a next-gen console?

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

- Will all additional players (Sonic, Snake, ROB etc.) be available?

- What controllers will be available? Wiimote only, or will there be a Gamecube pad option?

Quick response greartly appreciated. Only a few hours left to practice after all!