Question about Photo Ops

Yes, that's what I see with all these lovely pic :)

You must spending a lot of money on these events, especially since you're from Germany, no ?

I tell myself that almost everyone has a hobby that he/she spends money on, and conventions are mine. :D

At the moment it's way cheaper than it used to be. The Pound/Euro conversation rate has changed quite a lot in favor of the Euro since I started going to events. Also I don't need that many autographs anymore and more concentrate on photo sessions now.

The biggest chunk of money is of course the hotel. For the Collectormania events there's two really kind souls with very big hearts who are letting me crash at their place. Without them it would be one or even two events less a year.

Thankfully I've been lucky with flight costs so far. My closest airport is Frankfurt with lots of international connections, so it's not that hard to find an affordable flight if I am a bit flexible with time.

I have not one hobby, I have plenty ! :P And since I'm a student, I don't earn money during the year so I have to be really careful :)

I have to prioritize, and I did with that convention ! :-D

I'm just like you, I'd rather have a photo with a guest than an autograph ! If I could have both, I would of course ! I have spent £119 just for the train and the hotel ! :P Plus the tube, the food, photoshoots, some signatures, entries,... That's a lot of money ! But I'm so excited now that I don't care anymore ! ;)

I just want to go and enjoy it ! I'll worry about money another time ! :lol:

That's really cool to have friends that can help you save some money and enjoy going to more conventions. I'd really like to make some kind people like that. Not to crash at their place ! But they seem really nice and it must be awesome to have that kind of connections ;)

Maybe we'll see each other now that I get to see your face ! ;)

x

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this feeling we will bump into each other at least at the Stargate talk and quite likely during Michael's photo session. :D

If you see me, please yell and make yourself known. You got an advantage, you know how I look. :lol:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I loved my pics with Peter Facinelli! He was very hugable :P

He is bent down to my level in this one.

e6yqgy.png

And this 2nd one i really wish id taken my badge off! And i had no idea that my hair was covering my face, and Malcolm didnt tell me to move it :WAVE: But other than that, i love it lol

4v2uzk.png

:wub:

You're quite right ! :WAVE:

I hope we'll be able to seat next to each other at the Stargate talk, that could be really cool :)

Ok, ok, I'll yell at you if I see you then ! :wub: But to be fair, here's a picture of me with Paul McGillion (what a cutie ! :wub::P ). It was taken some years ago at my first con in France, it was reaaaaaaally cool ! :) I look a little different now, I'm all grown up ;) But I'm sure you'll recognize me.

photopaulmcgillion.jpg

BTW, how many photos are you gonna get with Michael ? I'll take two :)

Wow Emmeh !! I love your photos with Peter !!! I want some like yours !! :)

I loved my pics with Peter Facinelli! He was very hugable :o

He is bent down to my level in this one.

e6yqgy.png

And this 2nd one i really wish id taken my badge off! And i had no idea that my hair was covering my face, and Malcolm didnt tell me to move it :D But other than that, i love it lol

4v2uzk.png

:thumbup:

I guess the only thing I can say is: I WANT A PETER PHOTO SHOOT TICKET!!!! I haven't booked one yet, and I won't since the postal fees are quite high (and I already had to pay them twice, since I bought the Twilight talk ticket before the rest), but I really hope there will be tickts to be sold left on the day!!!!!

Lucky girl :D

And this 2nd one i really wish id taken my badge off! And i had no idea that my hair was covering my face, and Malcolm didnt tell me to move it :( But other than that, i love it lol

I think that your hair isn't all that straight makes the photo look really natural. It's a great picture.

You're quite right ! ^_^

I hope we'll be able to seat next to each other at the Stargate talk, that could be really cool :)

We can try.

Ok, ok, I'll yell at you if I see you then ! ;) But to be fair, here's a picture of me with Paul McGillion (what a cutie ! :wub::wub: ). It was taken some years ago at my first con in France, it was reaaaaaaally cool ! :) I look a little different now, I'm all grown up ;) But I'm sure you'll recognize me.

Thanks for the picture, I'll keep an eye open for you. :(

Paul gives great hugs, doesn't he?

One for now. Mr. Browder broke my budget last month. ^_^

4v2uzk.png

That's a VERY cool photo! :blush: I WANT ONE!!! Was it your idea to stand in front of Peter with his arms around you like that? If so, how did you ask for this?:thumbup:

i love this picture too.

Its so cute. :)

² Binebear:

U also traveling from Germany to London?

Thats rather cool. :)

Where from Germany are u from?

(sry 4 off topic but u cant send PNS in here.)

One for now. Mr. Browder broke my budget last month. :WINCE:

Yay, glad to see more Stargate fans! :WINCE: I'm getting three pictures with Michael (two by myself and one with my husband in the picture as well)

² Binebear:

U also traveling from Germany to London?

Thats rather cool. :)

Where from Germany are u from?

(sry 4 off topic but u cant send PNS in here.)

Hi Jenny, yep, my husband and I are flying to London just for the LFCC! I CAN'T WAIT!!! :thumbup: We live near Muenster in NRW. Oh, and we'll be at the another show in October like you :)

Edited by Binebear

(:

Geht ihr an beide Tagen auf die LFACC?

Oder nur an einen?

Wann kommt ihr in London an?

Macht ihr auch 'Urlaub' mehrere Tage dort, oder wirklich nur für die Con?

*Aus Berlin ist*

(:

Oder nur an einen?

*Aus Berlin ist*

Ich war nicht angesprochen, aber ich fuehle mich dann einfach mal angesprochen. :WINCE:

1. Beide Tage

2. Freitag mittag

3. Nein, ich hab keinen Resturlaub mehr. :thumbup:

Ich bin aus der Naehe von Heidelberg, dann haben wir so ziemlich alles vertreten.

(:

Oder nur an einen?

*Aus Berlin ist*

Ich war nicht angesprochen, aber ich fuehle mich dann einfach mal angesprochen. :WINCE:

1. Beide Tage

2. Freitag mittag

3. Nein, ich hab keinen Resturlaub mehr. :thumbup:

Ich bin aus der Naehe von Heidelberg, dann haben wir so ziemlich alles vertreten.

1. Auch beide Tage

2. Freitag morgen (viel zu früh!)

3. Wir treffen am Freitag Freunde von uns, die nahe London wohnen; ansonsten nur für die Con :)

So unfair, dass ihr zwei alle beide Tage geht..grml.

Das ist der nachteil, wenn man nochnicht sein eigenes Geld verdient ):

Ja ich komme auch Freitag morgen.früüüh an..

um 7.25 geht in berlin der flug

*gähn*

Hi there as a newbie of these boards and LFCC for that matter I'm glad someone started this topic, it's good to know in advance what these photo ops are like as I'm an old hat at conventions but signing days are all new to me!!!!!!

And as for the height topic someone was on about earlier I am also quite a shorty coming in at 5' 3'' so the funniest pic I ever had taken was one at a Collectormania with George Hertzberg who I believe is getting on for 6' 5'' well Mr hertzberg ended up on his knees at the side of me and he's still about my height in order for us both to fit in the picture, if I can find it on my comp I'll try and post it, it still brings back happy memories not to mention hilarious ones!!!!!!!

It's good to know that the people in the photoshoots with you may possibly crouch/bend down to similar heights as I am under 5 foot.

It's nice to see all of these photo's, and I am very jealous of many of you.

That's a VERY cool photo! :dance: I WANT ONE!!! Was it your idea to stand in front of Peter with his arms around you like that? If so, how did you ask for this?:o

It was his idea :D He knew id had a huggy photo the day before, so he did something different. I wasnt complaining lol

Hi there as a newbie of these boards and LFCC for that matter I'm glad someone started this topic, it's good to know in advance what these photo ops are like as I'm an old hat at conventions but signing days are all new to me!!!!!!

And as for the height topic someone was on about earlier I am also quite a shorty coming in at 5' 3'' so the funniest pic I ever had taken was one at a Collectormania with George Hertzberg who I believe is getting on for 6' 5'' well Mr hertzberg ended up on his knees at the side of me and he's still about my height in order for us both to fit in the picture, if I can find it on my comp I'll try and post it, it still brings back happy memories not to mention hilarious ones!!!!!!!

Sadly I never got to meet him, but I did have a picture with him; as weird as that sounds, I was getting a Mark Lutz autograph and he was on the desk next to him, and some photographer asked me and my friends to stand next to them for a picture, but was the other side of George so never got to speak to him. He was very tall though, well compared to me at least :dance:

I'll see if I can find the picture...

qy7m0z.jpg

I'm the person infront of Mark in the blue shirt :D

I'd love to see your picture if you can find it :o

Ok, ok, I'll yell at you if I see you then ! But to be fair, here's a picture of me with Paul McGillion (what a cutie ! ). It was taken some years ago at my first con in France, it was reaaaaaaally cool ! I look a little different now, I'm all grown up ;) But I'm sure you'll recognize me.

Thanks for the picture, I'll keep an eye open for you.

Paul gives great hugs, doesn't he?

Damn right he does ! I came to him, said hi, he asked me if I was ok and then he grabbed me and hugged me ! :wub: :wub: He smelled so good and he is such a nice guy, I'm so glad I met him. :dance:

When I went to get my pic with him signed, we talked a bit (but I was too impressed by his beauty ! :P And I couldn't talk as much as I'd like). When my pic was signed, I asked him if I could kiss him on the cheek. He said yes, I kissed him and he kissed me back... Awwwwwwww !! :o

One for now. Mr. Browder broke my budget last month. :D

:WAVE: Bad, bad Mr. Browder ! But your pics were really cool so you don't regret it I guess ! ;)

When my pic was signed, I asked him if I could kiss him on the cheek. He said yes, I kissed him and he kissed me back... Awwwwwwww !! :P

OMG I can't believe it it is so great! I wish I could dare to ask an actor the same thing but I don't think I could!

When I went to get my pic with him signed, we talked a bit (but I was too impressed by his beauty ! :P And I couldn't talk as much as I'd like). When my pic was signed, I asked him if I could kiss him on the cheek. He said yes, I kissed him and he kissed me back... Awwwwwwww !! :P

That's really so sweet. :thumbup:

:lol: Bad, bad Mr. Browder ! But your pics were really cool so you don't regret it I guess ! ;)

No, I don't regret it and never will. Those are my first pictures with him that I am 110 percent happy with. I guess the others are nice too, but I always founds something wrong with those.

Turns out that apparently I will be taking a second picture with Michael after all. A friend told me earlier today that she's coming in Sunday and she wants a picture with Michael and me. :lol:

Damn right he does ! I came to him, said hi, he asked me if I was ok and then he grabbed me and hugged me ! :wub: :wub: He smelled so good and he is such a nice guy, I'm so glad I met him. :YAHOO:

When I went to get my pic with him signed, we talked a bit (but I was too impressed by his beauty ! :P And I couldn't talk as much as I'd like). When my pic was signed, I asked him if I could kiss him on the cheek. He said yes, I kissed him and he kissed me back... Awwwwwwww !! :D

:wub: That's very cool. I guess your bravery was rewarded! I'd never have the guts to ask any of the guests if I could kiss him on the cheek :D

Sadly I never got to meet him, but I did have a picture with him; as weird as that sounds, I was getting a Mark Lutz autograph and he was on the desk next to him, and some photographer asked me and my friends to stand next to them for a picture, but was the other side of George so never got to speak to him. He was very tall though, well compared to me at least :D

I'll see if I can find the picture...

qy7m0z.jpg

I'm the person infront of Mark in the blue shirt :D

I'd love to see your picture if you can find it :thumbup:

Ok well I would post the pic but as I'm computer illiterate I don't seem able to do it as it's in my files so I don't see a url to enter so I'm a bit thick and don't know how to......sorry!!!!!!!:lol: