Question about Photo Ops

I just know this is gonna sound stupid but I gotta ask anyways :thumbup:

How are the photo ops set up? Like, do you just stand next to the guest? Can you hug the guest?

Also, what's the background like? And how much time do you have with the guest? Is there time for at least a tiny bit of small talk?

Does anyone have photos from previous conventions that you'd be willing to post here by any chance?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its the same as CM then the backgrond is blue :)

here is an example for you;

2993003851a9589740785l.jpg

I would say all the guests I have met have just stuck their arm around me before I did anything xD. I purposely snuggled myself into Dirk though!

I would imagine it depends on the guest if they want hugs or not :thumbup:.

Not really much chance of talking I'm afraid :D.

And another example from a few months earlier;

2993003851a8731024641l.jpg

Edited by touchthesky

I just know this is gonna sound stupid but I gotta ask anyways :thumbup:

How are the photo ops set up? Like, do you just stand next to the guest? Can you hug the guest?

This is not a stupid question at all - it's your first time, and you are curious.

In general it's standing next to the guest and you can put your arm around him. I've seen guests do hugs, but it's always better to ask first. A friend of mine is very huggy and very excited - she always forgets to ask and almost jumps at the guests. That has startled quite a few in the past. :D

Also, what's the background like? And how much time do you have with the guest? Is there time for at least a tiny bit of small talk?

The current style of the background is the same as showing in the posts from touchthesky.

It always depends a bit on the guest and on the length of the line how much time you have. A photo session normally is not the place for small talk. Sometimes it's "hello and good bye" if the lines are really long. Sometimes there's a little more talk, but nothing that would match my definition of smalltalk.

Does anyone have photos from previous conventions that you'd be willing to post here by any chance?

EDIT:

Got computer to cooperate - maybe these will answer the hug question too - sometimes yes, sometimes no. :(

C15 pictures:

Avery_C15_kl.jpg

bunny5_kl.jpg

bunny1_kl.jpg

Chevron 7.2:

chevron_colin_kl.jpg

chevron_jason_kl.jpg

chevron_joe_kl.jpg

Edited by Queen_Sindel

bunny5_kl.jpg

bunny1_kl.jpg

OMG, those pics are so cool! Did you bring the bunny ears with you and he agreed to wear them?

Also, when you want a "hug pic" like the first one above (which I do :thumbup: ), how do you ask for that? I'm not a native English speaker (I'm from Germany) so I don't always know how to put it...

OMG, those pics are so cool! Did you bring the bunny ears with you and he agreed to wear them?

Also, when you want a "hug pic" like the first one above (which I do ;) ), how do you ask for that? I'm not a native English speaker (I'm from Germany) so I don't always know how to put it...

Yes, I did bring the bunny ears and Ben agreed to wear them.

But it did have something to do with an episode of a TV show he did and also with another convention appearance in the past. Other guests possibly wouldn't have agreed to wearing the ears, simply because there was no connection.

Some guests are quite huggy without you asking. Peter Facinelli definitely seems to be one going from the pictures others have posted from ET. :clap:

A simply "can I have a hug?" or "can I hug you?" usually will do fine. Of course you could do it the way your English teacher if he/she is anything like mine were would insist on "would you mind if I hug you?"

Your English is very good by the way, no need to be shy.

Aber ich bin übrigens auch Deutsche, kannst zumindest mich also auch auf Deutsch fragen. :clap:

I will edit this later to include my hug with Nathan Fillion. I just asked if i could hug him and he said 'of course you can sweetie', in turn i nearly wet myself! haha!! This is after he told me 'we have a date at 2pm' for the photos, thus nearly wetting myself then! haha!!

you have more of a chance to have a little natter with them when getting autographs than in the photos.....:)

you have more of a chance to have a little natter with them when getting autographs than in the photos.....:)

Yes, that's what I normally say too.

However Binebear seems to be most interested in the Twilight guests. And especially Peter is going to be really popular, so the chances for a chat with him are slim at both photos and autographs.

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I really appreciate it.

However Binebear seems to be most interested in the Twilight guests. And especially Peter is going to be really popular, so the chances for a chat with him are slim at both photos and autographs.

I am mostly interested in two guests: Peter Facinelli and Michael Shanks, both of which will probably be rather busy. I'm glad to hear Peter seems to be ok as fas as hugs are concerned. How about Michael Shanks?

How about Michael Shanks?

He used to be pretty shy some years ago, but thankfully that's history meanwhile.

*goes to kick Photobucket again*

The hat he's wearing on the first shot was another "prop" we had brought. We got the idea thanks to some photo manipulations portraying the Daniel Jackson character as Indiana Jones.

The blue background on the second shot is the one used at Showmasters events before they switched to the tie-dyed one. That's the one that's sometimes mentioned.

Chicago_Shanks_kl.jpg

Michael4_kl.jpg

Michael3_kl.jpg

Michael_1_kl.jpg

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Drool... :YAHOO: I want one just like that!!!

But then again, I'm pretty shy... Not sure if I'll bring up the nerve to ask for a pic like that!

I didn't ask. I swear to god I didn't ask. He told me: "come here" and before I knew it I found myself being hugged. :lol:

I didn't ask. I swear to god I didn't ask. He told me: "come here" and before I knew it I found myself being hugged. :YAHOO:

Really! Now I'd like THAT :wub: Not sure if I'll have as much luck since I'm dragging my husband around with me at the convention :lol: It'll be interesting to see what kind of picture he's gonna get with Michael Shanks though!

A few of the guests I have had shoots with at recent events have turned and said hello first before posing, so you can easily say a quick 'Hi, may I hug you?' before the picture is taken.

Malcom the main photographer (usually does photoshoot A, the bigger guests) is a very nice chap and will be fine with you quickly asking for a simple pose like a hug or something.

I usually just go with the arm round each other, as a guy I feel a bit weird asking female guests for hugs. But as 2 of my 3 shoots this year are with female guests (Keeley and Jewel) I may take the plunge and ask for a hug.

When am I going to get a chance to take picture or get hug from either of them again? lol

Any other guys on here asked female guests for hugs, did you get nervous?

Really! Now I'd like THAT :wub: Not sure if I'll have as much luck since I'm dragging my husband around with me at the convention :lol: It'll be interesting to see what kind of picture he's gonna get with Michael Shanks though!

It wasn't that much luck. I've met Michael quite a few times and he knows who I am.

You're way better than me though - I never got my boyfriend close to Michael or Ben Browder so far. :YAHOO:

Im not sure about other conventions but for ET, the guests were quite happy to play along. These were some of the photos I got, I doubt the background will be the same as they wont have time to set up new backgrounds between guests, eventhough the twilight background was awesome!

peter.jpg

Peter <3

kellan.jpg

I just said to Kellan, can I have a hug, he was like suuurreee!

• Moderators

Just remember that it may be a little more rushed at LFCC compared to a convention, due to the amount of people that will be there.

Malcolm (or whoever the photographer is) will be as accomodating as he can be in terms of poses or whatever, but if things need to get moving then he will manage it to the best of his abilities. Don't take that as him being rude, but just as him making sure everyone gets what they paid for in an efficient manner :smile: