Question about Photo Ops

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started going to cons so I don't have a lot of pics with guests but the ones i have are all a bit odd.

I like to have a pic that is a little bit wierd.

first one was with Jason Mewes last year at LFCC, I asked him if we could do a part of a scene from Mallrats. on the pic I "act" like i'm doing the jedi mind trick on a cigarette and he is hitting the fag out of my hand.

second one was at a fair in the netherlands with James Marsters. I brought my replica stake and asked him if he could stake me. so he grabbed me by my shirt and put the stake against my chest, it's a really nice pic :smile:

at MC15 I asked liz may brice if se could make a gun with her hand (could finf a toygun at the asda...) because of here role in the upcoming eps of torchwood.

and at the same con i asked Nathan fillion if he could take my eye out like he did with Xanders in a buffy ep. he also did it and this one also turned out great ^_^

i already got some idea's for some guest at this years lfcc but don't want to share them yet :D

Have only been to 3 events before and feel really shy in the photo ops so just tend to put my arm around the guest and then majorly kick myself after when I see other people's pics where they are hugging the guest :smile:

I am definitely gonna try and work up the nerve to ask for hugs this time though ^_^

Have only been to 3 events before and feel really shy in the photo ops so just tend to put my arm around the guest and then majorly kick myself after when I see other people's pics where they are hugging the guest :smile:

That sounds a lot like me! ^_^ I'll be really mad at myself if I chicken out!

question is Jewel Staite particularly short cos I always look awkward being next to people shorter than me and I'm about 5'10 :thumbup:

This is a picture I had taken with her a few years ago & I am about the same height as you & it looks OK to me so hopefully will give you some reassurance.

JewelStaite04.jpg

I've always got nice pictures (well... not of me, but I never like pics of me anyway!) however rushed it's been. Last LFCC it seemed really really organised so even though it was rushed it didn't seem it, if that makes sense?

I've never had the guts to ask any guest for a hug in photoshoots, I am such a wuss though!

These are how a couple of my photos have come out though (from ET2 and last years LFCC)

TwiConPeter.png

MeJason.png

OK... I know on the second one we look all shiny, but on the actual photo that doesn't show which is odd!

I am glad this question was asked cos I'm a newbie to this whole thing too! I think it is less awkward if you're a girl in a pic with a guy, cos they seem naturally inclined to put their arm round you (I'm more of a theatre fan and 9/10 times I've had a picture with a dude, they've put their arm round me, or hugged me properly). My worry is that I'm a girl, and the only person I'm getting a picture with is Keeley hahahaha. But to be fair - true story - I met her at a premiere, and I got all upset because she went before I could talk to her and get her to sign anything, a girl yelled out at her that I'd been waiting for like 7 hours to meet her, and she came back, gave my hand a squeeze, and thanked me for coming. She is one of the sweetest people I've ever met, so I don't think I'll have a problem :thumbup: (sorry, that was a long ramble).

Also, I'm glad someone else bought up the height issue!!! I'm 5ft10 also and it does get awkward in pictures with people who are much shorter than me, closer to the 5ft mark. I guess that's why Keeley is a good bet, given that we're the same height :)

Thank you so much for all the pictures and help you guys have posted in this thread it's really been helpful.

Now fingers crossed I don't blink or something equally as awful in the photo :poki:

I am loving these pictures:) At any sm event I have been to the geusts have always been super nice when it came to the hugging.

I am so looking forward to Michael shanks seeinf those pictures with him are making me more excited.

I would say its a fair question if your new and what Ive heard of other events. There was a event about a month agot were you wernt even aloud to touch the geusts, looked sort of strange.

Squee can't waitXD

ML

• Moderators

Now fingers crossed I don't blink or something equally as awful in the photo :poki:

The photographer will check the photo before you leave, and ask you to do another one if it's not right :thumbup:

The photographer will check the photo before you leave, and ask you to do another one if it's not right :thumbup:

Ahh thanks for answering all my noobish problems! (both in this thread and the other one) :) I was going to ask, but I thought I would sound really stupid haha.

Also, OT, but I love your avatar :) Benry ftw!