Photo Ops...

adam_bomb

In the professional photo ops:

1) Can you use your own camera instead?

2) Can you confirm your professional photo is ok before moving on or is it just one snap and then you move on without having the opportunity to check it?

3) Is it possible for showmasters to send a digital copy of the photo via email after the event?

• Showmasters Admin

Pretty much want Petra said...

1: It's a professional photo shoot and therefore the lighting and the camera are setup for that area.

2: Malcolm always checks the photo before you move on and if he's not happy he'll take another. As QS said, 5 if needed.

3: It is a professional photo shoot and therefore legally the copyright of the picture(s) stays with the photographer. In fact everyone that scans them and either reprints them or puts them up online are in fact breaking copyright law. But luckily our Malcolm isn't that mean and so doesn't sue everyone (only newspapers). But the digital negatives do remain the property of Showmasters as would any negatives for photos taken by a professional photographer. Ask anyone that's had wedding photos done.

So I've been breaking the law with all my scanned copies, how deliciously exciting!

I think it's ok to put them up online if you give credit to the photographer somewhere. I usually say something like "thanks to showmasters for any photoshoots on this site" if I put them up. But I think generally it doesnt matter as most people tend to put them up on a website (eg Facebook).

Pretty much want Petra said...

1: It's a professional photo shoot and therefore the lighting and the camera are setup for that area.

2: Malcolm always checks the photo before you move on and if he's not happy he'll take another. As QS said, 5 if needed.

3: It is a professional photo shoot and therefore legally the copyright of the picture(s) stays with the photographer. In fact everyone that scans them and either reprints them or puts them up online are in fact breaking copyright law. But luckily our Malcolm isn't that mean and so doesn't sue everyone (only newspapers). But the digital negatives do remain the property of Showmasters as would any negatives for photos taken by a professional photographer. Ask anyone that's had wedding photos done.

In respect to number 3, plenty of conventions do it, at least one major one in this country and two in the US that im aware of. Seems a pretty poor show really

In respect to number 3, plenty of conventions do it, at least one major one in this country and two in the US that im aware of.

I'm not sure about the UK one, but one that I know about in the US does charge you $ 10 extra per photo for that.

You're not the first person to ask about this, so there is a chance that maybe this will done some point in the future.

But at the moment there's no system in place, one of the reasons being that sending out the files would be very time consuming and would take up time that is not there. Collectormania does have way larger numbers of attendees than at least the one US event I know about, so sending out photos would be a way larger task than for the US event.

Still on the topic of photo's but away from the professional side, can I assume that as no sports stars have been added to the list we can have our pics taken with them at their respective desks (If they are willing of course!)?

• Moderators

Usually as they're not overly busy, they tend to be fine with photos from previous experience.

As per usual, if they're not there will be a sign up saying so. It's likely most will be fine though.