Collectormania Glasgow 2009 Party

• Showmasters Admin

as has been said we will be having a party on the sat night at the venue with some of the guests of the show like last time

more on this nearer the time

so see you all there if you can make it

jason :D

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be a Collectormania party on Saturday the 29th of August.

Tickets will be £10 each.

So - What do you get for your tenner?

I'll be providing the evening's DJ-shaped entertainment.

I working up a setlist for the night - but that's nothing more than a baseline from which to work.

Nobody makes any requests all night, you hear the setlist in its entirety.

But that's not what we want, is it?

NO!

This party is YOUR night.

You're the ones that will be burning up the dancefloor, so you're the ones who need to let me know what tunes and bands will incite you to do so :)

Post the stuff you'd like to hear in this thread - You can be as vague as "Genre", or as specific as "Remix X of track Y by band Z". Or anywhere in between. ( No "Stairway", tho. )

I'll dig the stuff out, make sure I have it on hand, and then you can gimme a shout on the night, let me know you're there, and I'll slot it in.

Also - We're considering a Rock Band / Guitar Hero addition to the set, as well as a Cosplay dance-off.

Any more suggestions?

Hit me with 'em. ( As well as your rhythm sticks, if you really must. )

If you have a song in MP3 format you would like me to consider playing, please email it to music@signoise.com - but drop me a line first letting me know what you have so if I've got it you don't waste your time and intarmegs!

Music aside, there's always a fair chance that the show's celebrity guests will turn up for a drink or three - They're all invited as a matter of course.

Edited by Reverend Scapegoat

If you want a good cover.

Duran duran's version of white lines. way better then grand master flash.

Scooter logical song

Cascada miracle

A-ha lots of aha

Monkees as they rock

Killers mr brightside

Why don't i just give you my ipod to use.lol

Last song of the eves should be the fragges. i know that sounds mental. it's normaly us crew that are left at the end. When Davy was the DJ he would end on the fragges. lol.

Joyce x

Punk Covers - Got HUNDREDS.

Cheers? Richard? Gotcha. Actual? gotcha.

White Lines? I own Shaun's shirt from Shaun Of The Dead. Of course I'll be playing that.

A-Ha?

Family-guy tastic!

I doubt we'll be able to swing drink promos, so they'll likely be somewhere between pub prices and gig prices.

I'll ask Greg to try to check if I catch him on MSN.

Fraggle Rock as a finisher?

That's doable, but I prefer to finish on a surprise :P

The night I played Strathclyde Union, and ended on the theme song from "Mysterious Cities Of Gold" was a classic - I could see the bar staff and punters all going "I KNOW I know this!" when the intro started... :P

- Spinnerette Sex Bomb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw4XkzzWDAE - Since we're talking covers, have the best cover of "Spiderman" since the Ramones..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG2avp_uI5k - And I think you just NEED to play this. ;)

Oh and I like this one:

If you need help with CD's or anything/MP3 uploads etc..Just give me a shout.

Edited by touchthesky

For the moment, I'm assuming in the Braehead Arena bar, like last time.

If any of you have any CDs you'd like me to play that you think I might not have, please feel free to bring them in, but make sure you mark them clearly as yours with name and phone number / email address in case you get tipsy and leave without picking 'em up!

Stick your request # on the paper too.

Edited by Reverend Scapegoat

Grease vs snoop dog.

You may thing that sounds bad. it is very very good give a try

Joyce x

Hehheh.

That is good.

Those of you suggesting Youtube tracks, though... I can't actually use those. I need at the very least an MP3 track encoded at a decent quality.

So if you can link me to those, that'd be handy.

Having a party is a good idea. I was at the last one and it was ok I thought there was a few things that could have been better. I hope the music will be better, and it seems like it will be from the posts I've read. The only other thing I didn't like last time was that there was a lack of places to sit - I ended up sitting on the floor - there was only about four or five tables. Hopefully it will be better this time around.

The only other thing I didn't like last time was that there was a lack of places to sit - I ended up sitting on the floor - there was only about four or five tables. Hopefully it will be better this time around.

I was actually just coming to post about that, that was my big pet peeve. I think there was only about 3 or 4 tables at the most which was really annoying.

The only other thing I didn't like last time was that there was a lack of places to sit - I ended up sitting on the floor - there was only about four or five tables. Hopefully it will be better this time around.

I was actually just coming to post about that, that was my big pet peeve. I think there was only about 3 or 4 tables at the most which was really annoying.

If memory serves the function room was a large upside down L shape. walk in down a corridor, there were some tables next to the window, then the room opens up where the bar and dance floor is.

Only place would be to put more tables along by the window. If they put in a another few tables nearer to the bar/ dance floor you would be in danger of getting swallowed up by people standing at the bar it's self .

Put more by the window you are then out of all the action.

Catch twenty two

I ended up sitting on the floor too. some extra seats would be fab

Edited by Road runner