Collectormania Glasgow 2009 Party

The only other thing I didn't like last time was that there was a lack of places to sit - I ended up sitting on the floor - there was only about four or five tables. Hopefully it will be better this time around.

I was actually just coming to post about that, that was my big pet peeve. I think there was only about 3 or 4 tables at the most which was really annoying.

If memory serves the function room was a large upside down L shape. walk in down a corridor, there were some tables next to the window, then the room opens up where the bar and dance floor is.

Only place would be to put more tables along by the window. If they put in a another few tables nearer to the bar/ dance floor you would be in danger of getting swallowed up by people standing at the bar it's self .

Put more by the window you are then out of all the action.

Catch twenty two

I ended up sitting on the floor too. some extra seats would be fab

I would suggest putting some tables, or at the very least some chairs on their own, in the space between the entrance and where the toilets are, although not too close to the door or it'll feel like you're being thrown out! lol. As well as the few they had at the windows the last time. That would give more places to sit without encroaching onto the dance floor and would also allow people to sit a bit further away from the dance floor if they wanted to chat or whatever. If I remember correctly that space wasn't used for anything at all last time.

Wherever they put them I just really hope they put more because my back was breaking after sitting on the floor last time.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how changeable the layout is, but we could possibly move the dancefloor?

Have tables and chairs where the DJ booth was last time, and have the dancefloor in the area by the doors to the arena that were locked?

As far as I know the layout is completely changeable, as long as there is a socket of course, because none of that stuff is normally in there. I would put the dance floor wherever the widest/most open space is so theres is room to dance. Preferably not right next to the bar.

Edited by suz

Ok i know most of you have most likely seen this video on Youtube as its the most watched video ever but it would make a great con song/dance dont you think? people drunk trying to do all of the diffrent dances......

:wub:

• Showmasters Admin

Ok i know most of you have most likely seen this video on Youtube as its the most watched video ever but it would make a great con song/dance dont you think? people drunk trying to do all of the diffrent dances......

:D

The drunks shouldn't have any issues when it gets to the "I get knocked down" line, :D hehe.

I think it would be hilarious trying to watch people do it... I just wouldn't be stupid enough to do it myself!

SJ

xox

• 2 weeks later...

this is probably a daft question, but if you want to go to the party, do you need to buy a ticket of some sort for it? or is it only open to gold pass holders? (have heard of other parties in the past, and never been to any of them cos of people ignoring me when i've asked :WINCE: feel like i'm missing out cos my finances aren't that good... forking out for travel n hotel... can't really afford gold passes too.

I'll give Jason a ring sometime this week and try to sort a final answer - Personally, I'd like to see the ticket prices dropped a little lower, because I think we'd get a far higher turnout if that were the case.

But if it's a tenner, then it's a tenner and those that will pay it will pay it, those that won't... won't.

I'll do my best to make the party worth the ticket price no matter how much is decided upon.