Another event for Twilight fans in the UK

showmasters

This saddens me....

"Summit Entertainment announced today that “The Twilight Saga: New Moon†will be featured at a panel at the 2009 San Diego Comic-Con. Considering the turnout for last year’s “Twilight†panel, this news was really more of a “when†than an “if.†The announcement mentions “exclusive new footage†and maybe “even a surprise or two.â€

:lol:((

Why does America get all the great stuff?

Boo :dance:

Because SDCC isn't really a "convention" in the typical sense. It's a place where all the tv networks and movie studios are able to present their products, and it just so happens some fans get to sit on on the talks and VERY limited signings.

SDCC gets the main cast from stuff because they're official studio appearances.

:dance: I still think we should be shown scenes from the film and are asked what we think of the film like I've said before on the forum because we are all so passionate about the film and I think Summit would/should be interested in what we think :lol: sorry for going off topic a bit :poki:

Yeah I agree with you there. I mean this is why we're going to ET2 (and hopefully the mini-cons) after all! - Because we're passionat about the Twilight Saga!

Lol I wouldn't worry about going off topic....as you can see from previous posts, we've all done it hee hee!

Oooh American Idol just started! Come on Adam!!

Totally agree, it would be Awesome to get highlights, even if it's stuff we've seen before or maybe like showing us a key scene like the released last year! Seeing as it should be pretty much finished and ready to be released by time ET2 rolls around.

And sorry I watch American Idol too and loved Adam he totally should have won. Everyone thinks it's a fix cause he didn't and everyone loved him...

Yes I found out last night through facebook that he didn't win! I was totally gutted!

Looks like you got your wish. He won Idol didn't he? (Sorry, I don't watch it)

Aren't we all good and patient today :D

(I bet we are all silently checking so we don't make anyone cross)

It has just become part of my routine to have a look at the forum now, to see whats new...............can't help myself!

Lol yes it really is quiet on here today!!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey! My Mother will be cross, she really thought he was going to win, and hasn't seen the final show yet

Must have misread the blog I saw!

I am rather glad I am busy today, cos not many people on here today :D

Off to meet a bride in a bit to give her a three tier wedding cake.

Wish we were deliveirng this one, it is the sort I like to set up myself, and I have ended up working SOOOOOOO hard to make sure it is packed safely for her! :poki:

• Showmasters Admin

Going back to the 'why cant we have Rob when the SFCC have him''. I think as a Brit it should be his duty to come home and see us! haha!!

It's honestly a completely different thing. SDCC is more like a film and TV promotions show. Then lots of dealers. Yes lots of big film and TV companies go there and some amazing guests get announced but the chances of YOU actaully getting to meet them are very small.

It's madness. To get in to the talks you just have to wait in a huge queue for hours and even then they don't always clear the hall so you may be number 400 in the queue for the Twilight talk but because only 300 people leave the hall you still will not get in.

For the autographs you are not allowed to queue up until 5 minute before they start the "lottery". You go up and pick a ticket, if you get a winning ticket you get to go to the signing later, if not you get nothing.

It is completely possible to go to SDCC and see no guests, get no autographs, and get into no talks. Trust me, they DO NOT have it all their own way.

Over 200,000 people go over the 4 days. The Twilight talk will be for about 1000 people and "if" there is a signing it'll only be for about an hour and for around 100 people.

It means that at that show you have a 1:200 chance of seeing the talk and 1:2000 chance of getting into the autograph section.

If you use these pecentages for autographs and talks at LFCC it would be like us only allowing 50 people into a Twilight talk and only allowing 5 people to have autographs.

You need to think of their announcement at this type of event, like they are being announced to be at a premier. It's really not a signing event or a convention.

Edited by Too Tall

Going back to the 'why cant we have Rob when the SFCC have him''. I think as a Brit it should be his duty to come home and see us! haha!!

It's honestly a completely different thing. SDCC is more like a film and TV promotions show. Then lots of dealers. Yes lots of big film and TV companies go there and some amazing guests get announced but the chances of YOU actaully getting to meet them are very small.

It's madness. To get in to the talks you just have to wait in a huge queue for hours and even then they don't always clear the hall so you may be number 400 in the queue for the Twilight talk but because only 300 people leave the hall you still will not get in.

For the autographs you are not allowed to queue up until 5 minute before they start the "lottery". You go up and pick a ticket, if you get a winning ticket you get to go to the signing later, if not you get nothing.

It is completely possible to go to SDCC and see no guests, get no autographs, and get into no talks. Trust me, they DO NOT have it all their own way.

Over 200,000 people go over the 4 days. The Twilight talk will be for about 1000 people and "if" there is a signing it'll only be for about an hour and for around 100 people.

It means that at that show you have a 1:200 chance of seeing the talk and 1:2000 chance of getting into the autograph section.

If you use these pecentages for autographs and talks at LFCC it would be like us only allowing 50 people into a Twilight talk and only allowing 5 people to have autographs.

You need to think of their announcement at this type of event, like they are being announced to be at a premier. It's really not a signing event or a convention.

:o WOW well that makes me look at what you guys do for us in a different light - that sounds like chaos -I'm glad ET is just a small Convention because it makes it more intimate and I'm sure the guests enjoy(ed) it better to be able to get close to their Twihard fans.

Maybe Rob :o would feel better knowing our Convention is only small and not too intimidating for him - and with the best fans going who would take care of him :dance:

Edited by Twilightmum49

Well, that sheds a very different light on these events :dance:

Thanks SM!

Mini-con: Still no news....sigh :o

That was exhausting just reading!......I am very glad we have the events you are holding (hopefully I will get to one!!)...

As for Rob attending - there will be plenty of TwilightMums there to help protect him from screaming girls.....my knees buckle at the thought!

:o WOW well that makes me look at what you guys do for us in a different light - that sounds like chaos -I'm glad ET is just a small Convention because it makes it more intimate and I'm sure the guests enjoy(ed) it better to be able to get close to their Twihard fans.

Maybe Rob :o would feel better knowing our Convention is only small and not too intimidating for him - and with the best fans going who would take care of him :dance:

Lmfao I love how everyone is trying to convince themselves that Rob will be there... if only :o

But I do agree that he's a Brit and should therefore be there, haha such wishful thinking.

That was exhausting just reading!......I am very glad we have the events you are holding (hopefully I will get to one!!)...

As for Rob attending - there will be plenty of TwilightMums there to help protect him from screaming girls.....my knees buckle at the thought!

Add me to the TwilightMums security team!! :o

• Showmasters Admin

The US do have regular events like the ones we run. But they get similar guests to us. They don't get huge guests we don't get.

SDCC is just very different and has become so big because of the major film and TV companies going to it that it's just not very fan friendly any more.

I'd still love to go one day, just to see what an event THAT big is like.

But I prefer the fact that we run conventions where everyone ALWAYS gets what they came for. And that at our signing events it's pretty rare for people not to get to meet the guests they want to.

Edited by Too Tall

Well, that makes me feel even more lucky to have already booked the photoshoots and audience etc, as you say, we are absolutely guaranteed with that (well, unless guests were poorly or something)

I think I would be disappointed to go to something like that and be in with such a slim chance to see or do anything!

This way is much better! :firedevil:

Yes please add me as well to the Twilgiht Security Team (although my legs will tremble as wel!!) :firedevil:

Too Tall - I think you all do a fab job for us - I'm so please you keep them small - cough please tell Rob cough.

If you want to see Rob :P being auctioned off for $20,000 and Sharon Stone not being able to resist kissing him go to http://twicrackaddict.blogspot.com/ mountains of info on him.

Well worth watching :o

Edited by Twilightmum49

Yes please add me as well to the Twilgiht Security Team (although my legs will tremble as wel!!) :firedevil:

Too Tall - I think you all do a fab job for us - I'm so please you keep them small - cough please tell Rob cough.

If you want to see Rob :P being auctioned off for $20,000 and Sharon Stone not being able to resist kissing him go to http://twicrackaddict.blogspot.com/ mountains of info on him.

Well worth watching :o

Lol, I saw that. I wish I had $20k to spend on a kiss from Rob!

Actually I wish I had $20k, period.

This is the first time ive checked the forum all day as ive had a very productive day.

Went shopping to primark (Y) haha.

Got myself some major steals.

And I also got a job interview at Stansted Airport, rave! x

This is the first time ive checked the forum all day as ive had a very productive day.

Good old primark - hope you get the job - that will pay for all the ET Conventions lol

Yes please add me as well to the Twilgiht Security Team (although my legs will tremble as wel!!) :P

If you want to see Rob :o being auctioned off for $20,000 and Sharon Stone not being able to resist kissing him go to http://twicrackaddict.blogspot.com/ mountains of info on him.

Well worth watching :P

Me too I wish I had $20k only problem is Sam would spend it in about 2mins (in her head) mainly on following Rob around the world no doubt :firedevil:

Note to self must learn to spell Twilight right as well !!!!!lol

Edited by Twilightmum49

Good old primark - hope you get the job - that will pay for all the ET Conventions lol

Yes please add me as well to the Twilgiht Security Team (although my legs will tremble as wel!!) :YAHOO:

If you want to see Rob :wub: being auctioned off for $20,000 and Sharon Stone not being able to resist kissing him go to http://twicrackaddict.blogspot.com/ mountains of info on him.

Well worth watching :wub:

Me too I wish I had $20k only problem is Sam would spend it in about 2mins (in her head) mainly on following Rob around the world no doubt :unsure:

There's much worse u could do with $20k :P

Good luck in the job interview, thats great!

Good luck on the nterview, does Rob ever travel via Stanstead?......

Were you thinking of the Forum today whilst out shopping???

I am away for a few days - will miss the 'craic' (Irish for goss!!)...Hope i dont miss any major announcements.. :unsure:

Good luck on the nterview, does Rob ever travel via Stanstead?......

Were you thinking of the Forum today whilst out shopping???

I am away for a few days - will miss the 'craic' (Irish for goss!!)...Hope i dont miss any major announcements.. :unsure:

Enjoy the weekend, hope its good craic :)

Well, that makes me feel even more lucky to have already booked the photoshoots and audience etc, as you say, we are absolutely guaranteed with that (well, unless guests were poorly or something)

I think I would be disappointed to go to something like that and be in with such a slim chance to see or do anything!

This way is much better! :unsure:

I know we have to book the photoshoot seperately to the ET2 ticket but does that go for the talks too - (lol I sound so dumb)? I've not booked any photos yet as I'm gonna wait and see who else is announced.

This way is much better! :YAHOO:

I know we have to book the photoshoot seperately to the ET2 ticket but does that go for the talks too - (lol I sound so dumb)? I've not booked any photos yet as I'm gonna wait and see who else is announced.

Whoops! Sorry, that is me talking about the audience and shoots with peter at the LFCC :unsure: