Cosplay..Whos going in costume?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about it i haven't even started queen esther, i'm still working on titania, ack, so if it all goes to pot looks like catrina may be coming out of retirement. lol and i promise no using trees as poles to dance round. lol :WINCE:

I'm cosplaying! I went last year as poison ivy (On the saturday?) - this year I'm staying in london so I can go both days - I'm wearing my improved 1960's Batgirl costume and I'm still vaguely undecided on the second costume - probably one of Barbarella's costumes - I'm thinking the black and white one. I'm also making a Harley Quinn costume and a 1960's Catwoman costume in the hope I can tempt someone along to come with me in costume, because I really really hate being in costume alone (Not necesarily in a group of the same series). Last year I just had my little brother to tag along and carry my bags, hahaha.

You know that's not such a bad idea. lol,i've only just gotten into that programme and it looks like fun, and i remember the latter half of the decades fashions, hey we could all go out drinking in that gear. lol :P

i like the sound of this!!! :help:

80s kareoke = best time ever!

:thumbup: OOOOO suits me, it's gotta be the really bad 80's songs tho. makes it more fun, god i have the perfect outfit in mind. lol and no it don't involve leg warmers. lol think new romantic, as gene would say a ponce outfit. lol. Add to that i've changed a costume well both actually, titania is just gonna have a ruff no standing collar, and i'm not gonna do the white dress for esther anymore, i'm gonna do the black velvet one with the white beading down it, i have to do a bit more research on the standing collar and i just don't have the time for it. hehe. Edited by liremaer

:WAVE: OOOOO suits me, it's gotta be the really bad 80's songs tho. makes it more fun, god i have the perfect outfit in mind. lol and no it don't involve leg warmers. lol think new romantic, as gene would say a ponce outfit. lol.

haha! not saying there bad, (because i love them!!) buuut plenty of duran duran!!!!

i should have me perm by then so ill go with the flow!! :)

Ok then folks anybody up for the life on mars/ashes to ashes group for the do? we have 3 already. And duran duran classic, they've reformed again ain't they???? OMG LAST NIGHT WHEN GENE THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA BE A DADDY. Seriously scary thought that ain't it. lol

My current plan is to do Engineer Olson's red jumpsuit from the new Star Trek for one of the days. May be Chekov on the other, or dig out something else from the huge mountain of cosplays in my room. Also going to have to get into Commentator Runcible (Dr Who) at some point to show Tom Baker.

You'll spot me, I'll be the one running the cosplay desk. :D

hey every one, ive been cosplaying for some years now but this is my first LFCC (only done cons and this show ***** before) are game cosplays cool for LFCC, if so im bringing my Big Boss cosplay from Metal gear Solid 3

MGS3_06.jpg

Request stolen from Turkfox, but I agree and what to reiterate it on here:

Anybody wanting to take pictures of cosplayers, just come up and ask! A few of us are getting a little peeved about people taking pictures of us without asking.

I think I speak for most cosplayers when I say we dont mind posing for pictures. im sure you would rather a nice posed picture than one with your subject halfway through a sentence or a chocolate bar lol

Despite appearences, we are not scary people. We are quite happy being asked for pictures, so make it better for you and us and ASK! lol

Thank you for your time!

P.S Maybe Turkfox or someone can make this request sticky so everyone can see and take note.

Request stolen from Turkfox, but I agree and what to reiterate it on here:

Anybody wanting to take pictures of cosplayers, just come up and ask! A few of us are getting a little peeved about people taking pictures of us without asking.

I think I speak for most cosplayers when I say we dont mind posing for pictures. im sure you would rather a nice posed picture than one with your subject halfway through a sentence or a chocolate bar lol

Despite appearences, we are not scary people. We are quite happy being asked for pictures, so make it better for you and us and ASK! lol

Thank you for your time!

P.S Maybe Turkfox or someone can make this request sticky so everyone can see and take note.

I agree..and may I add that it is so so nice, one of the best things about cosplaying actually, when someone takes the time to speak to you about your costume..It's not a five minute thing, making a costume..it takes time, effort, and money, and it is nice for that to be recognized. :)

On a lighter note..I bought new shorts;

2hqqnw1.jpg

Never been to anything like this before.

My 11 year old is going as Cloud from FF7

Any hints or tips?

He is buying part of his costume (half skirt, jumper, shoulder gear/straps)

and we are making the rest. (Trousers, not sure about shoes - might have to alter an existing pair, sword and sword sheath, and any other accessories to make him more realistic)

he is blonde, so guess who has to work on his hair!!!! :blink:

I would love you if you went as Harley.

I've wanted a Lara/Harley photo for a while.

Booked the hotel now so I'll definately be there, and Harley will be joining us! She'll probably only be there for one day though, most likely the Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

South Pacific: 100% complete

mbk7qa.jpg

Legend: 75% complete...still need to do backpack and holsters (using classic holsters with a digitally put-on buckle in these pics lol, was just wanting to show the progress with the top)

2wmdv6c.jpg

121pw2f.jpg

If I get the holsters done before July I might do Legend, but I doubt it. Classic (latex top is coming in three weeks :rolleyes:) is likely to be the only TR costume I use! Thought I would share these though.

I'm going to be a Dharma worker from the TV series "LOST". Sadly the khaki/tan suits they use are only available in America and CAN'T be shipped here; so I have to use a black suit instead

It still be fine, but it's annoying that I can't have a prop gun since it's... you know... "realistic" and all. Stupid gun laws.

They're there for a reason hun. Havin handled replicas and the real thing trust me at a distance it can be really really hard to tell the difference so rather than risk gettin people killed they put a blanket law on. Daft i know but Meh we must all suffer for our art. Lol.

Oh definately. The weapons rule is a neccesity (i can never spell that). It is very hard to tell whats real and whats not.

I remember when the Harry Potter midnight book launch for book 7 was on, we were in town and a man walked past with a gun in his back pocket, wearing army gear, and we thought it was real so went to the police. It turns out that it was just a fancy dress party, but it just goes to show :).

Well i used to shoot with the sea cadets at bisley and after i got quite into airsoft and it is soo hard to tell the difference sometimes even close up. Specially as the airsoft ones are spot on metal replicas. On the bright side of things i'm puttin the ribbon on my esther dress. Yay.