Heroes Season 3 - Episode 19 Discussion

DavidB

If I were Doyle and someone messaged me that a 17 yr old girl would be responsible inprotecting me I'd have a big old panic. :D

I think Claire should be the one panicking with him there, but I get your point :P

As he's a puppet master, I wonder if he can control other peoples powers through them, don't know why I didn't wonder that before though :D

I've just watched the episode, so my post is spoilers, but you should expect that anyway...

I loved this episode, as hoped.

Sylar and father scenes delivered! I must admit, I was hoping Sylar's dad would attack him - he just looked so lame sat wheezing away. But more glad Sylar pwned him. :D

Doyle is awesome. Even Claire was likeable.

Hurray for baby Parkman.

I just can't wait to see what happens to Nathan now. But we have to wait 2 BLOODY WEEKS. Not impressed. =(

Edited by Lenatalia

I liked that episode, some interesting developments.

If I were that girl I'd not have left baby Matt with them, Hiro didn't even want to hold it or know what was going on.

I was hoping for a big fight between Sylar + Daddy but oh well, was good anyway :lol:

i was hoping for a big sylar v's Daddy sylar throw down but found i liked the way that things played out the subtle manipulation that was going on was great. i doubt that that is the last we see of Daddy Sylar.

Still can't get over my dislike for doyle, great character but he gives me the hebegebe's, which suppose is what he is supposed to do.

i had a thought that claire will get her comic book geek fan club involved and they will become some sort of under ground rail road, all over the country guys working in comic book store's will provide sanctuary for the guys with abilities.

I knew as soon as you saw that big window behind nathan that he was going through it but it was still funny, let's see how he likes it on the run.

Little parkman very cute is it because he is manifesting his ability that they baby sitter has run out or is it just the awful nappies?

Love the ending cant wait to see what happens there.

I think the Sylar and Samson meet up was really well played out, I think they intentionally played up the arrival of his father so that we along with Sylar would feel dissapointed that he wasn't someone so worthy, and that he was in the end just a man.

I love Sylar playing him and turning his own words back on him.

And if Sylar's trying to romance Danko dead animals are really not the way to go. :D

I love that Nathan outsmarted Danko, which in turn caused Danko to have to use risky measures to confront him. And Nathan was such a sweetie at the end saving Claire.

Baby Matt is terribly adorable.

Angela was just awesome, what with her and the aphrodisiac oysters I think that Sylar has competition for Danko's affections. :blink:

anyone else notice the video camera on the wall behind them stoped working half way through dankos speach? the little red light stoped flashing ....sorry little red lights anoy the heck out of me thats probably the only reason i noticed lol.

i have to say that last pan of danko and sylar made me go a bit fan girl he's gonna get hurt and im going to get very happy ....

grunny didnt go bang Yay!

moma p gets better and better by the day! i love her to bits and im loving the set up between her and hrg and how nathan just is totaly obliviouse.

im also quite impresed that nathan has remembered how to be a father lol although his ex wife and two sons seem to have fallen off the planet, but maybe they will come back what with all this generation talk.

baby parkman....maybe we can get the turtle back for him to play with. pore turtle must be starving now ...

and as for sylar /dad it goes without saying i loved that bit.

baby parkman....maybe we can get the turtle back for him to play with. pore turtle must be starving now ...

Am I right in thinking that you suggest that we let the tortoise eat Matt Jr. :P

:D That's what I thought when I read that comment.

I was a little bored by the Sylar/dad stuff in this.... I quite liked the final shot of Sylar and whatshisface though! I dont see why Sylar would kill him though.... What would Sylar get out of that??? He and his men pose no threat to him!? Knowing Sylar hes probably more likely to team up with him! Lol

It was an ok episode though.. not as good as others of late! B)

I was completely unimpressed by this episode. Yes it had Sylar in it but the whole Dad thing was boring. The thing that got the biggest reaction out of me was that he hurt the rabbit....seriously stick to humans and leave the animals alone!

Mummy P was amazing and I loved her getting the better of Danko. Who, by the way, must get beaten down again and again to get his massive ego down to size. The bit with Nathan and the window was so obvious but still amused me with the "tell me you didn't know about this."

Claire was Claire and I didn't really feel one way or the other about her. I didn't like her Mums reaction to the job. After being all Super Mum she is back to "whatever you think is best".......yeah whatever.

Hiro and Ando - I had completely lost their plot line and had no idea what they were doing or why they were there!

So yeah - not impressed!!!! ;)

Ok, so after this ep, I think I've figured out why I'm going off Heroes atm, and why a lot of other people also are... This may be a lil long and ranty, but meh, you may agree...

I'll start off comparing it to another fave show of mine- Lost. Lost started off amazing- pulled everyone in. Then it started to slip as Heroes has done. However, the writers realised this, and they decided on an end date. They knew when and how it was going to finish, and they have planned the rest of the show around this. Now, imo, it is better than it has ever been.

Heroes also started off amazing, pulling us all in. We had a bunch of unintentional Heroes, and we followed them as they realised they had to do their bits to save the world, whilst trying to figure themselves out. And of course, you had the bad guys trying to stop them. End of series 1, big boom- up in the sky, not on the ground... they saved the day.

What next? Hummm... They've all figured themselves out, lets add a bunch of newbies to figure themselves out, but make that drag on a lot more just to waste a series. Oh poo, writers strike, we've run out of time, lets just have a random ending.

Then series 3 comes along. They can't be bothered with the new characters, and some of the old, so they kill a couple off, and forget about the rest, and hope they go away. They start a storyline and it isn't as good as they hoped, so they start a new one in the middle of the series called "Fugitives". Trouble is, they're not finished with the series yet, and most of the fugitives have been caught and forgotten about. Daphne is still alive, great... but where is she exactly? Matt, Mohinder, Tracey all shut away. Hiro and Ando suddenly re-appear and everyone has forgotten about them. It had the potential to be really good, but they've just shut off half the cast.

Two big problems with Heroes atm as far as I can see.

1. There is no end date and they keep shuffling the writers. They seem to just be winging the storylines because of this, and it shows. Doesn't seem like they even have a proper ending mapped out for Series 3 yet- and it already showed that they didn't for Series 2. They seem to keep changing their minds about the direction of the show, and it is going off everywhere.

They made a huge build up to Sylar's daddy, and make him a big supervillan too (and the dad of another supervillan in another show...) Formula for a good story right? Nah, he finds daddy, kills a bunny rabbit (I'm sorry, wtf? What the hell has that got to do with anything? Yes, we know Sylar is evil- why gut a bunny? That just doesn't seem to fit his character so far, too f-ing random to me), daddy is a pathetic old man n he walks away. Then goes to the house of someone I don't think he's even come into contact with yet? So why go to his house? With a bunny? Potential of a big fight with Sylar and daddy, and they just kill a bunny. One of the least offensive creatures you can get. Bit like with Series 1, they kept threatening to have a really big fight with Peter and Sylar (and I mean really big, not a pathetic fringe cut off scene) but didn't really. But Series 1 was good all round, so I'll allow them that...

So the Lost comparison again- they know the end, and how the storyline is going, regardless of who is writing the padding. Heroes is just winging it atm, with random writers who seem to do whatever they want.

2. They forget about continuity- continuously!

Main character Nikki? Yea, let's just kill her off with no explanation.

Main character Micah? Nah, he's too young for people to remember.

Newbie Monica? Well, who knows?

Molly? She doesn't need Matt, Mohinder, Daphne or turtle... she can play the guitar- of course she can look after herself without even knowing where they both are!

Mohinder <3s Maya.. oh no wait, he's forgotten about her now they're in a new volume.

Poor mini Nathan-ettes, daddy is too busy trying to make up his mind who his character is to remember them. Baddy? Nah, Goody? Nah, Baddy? etc

There is soooo much they seem to forget about, because of the problems mentioned above. Whoever rebel is going to be, your average fan prob won't even remember/recognise them... unless it turns out to be Peter, randomly.

Again, take Lost- I've just re-watched the Pilot, and what is happening now in Series 5 still matches up with that. They're not afraid to kill anyone off or have new characters that will actually stick, but still keep up the continuity and answer occasionally all those unanswered questions.

Meh, that's all just my opinion anyway... I love the show, but a few of the most recent eps I've watched, I've just gone "um, what?" cos it just feels like they can't be bothered. And the 10million or so who have turned off seem to agree....

Get an end date! Sort out the writers! Fix up the storylines in advance! Keep the continuity and don't forget characters!

I agree with a lot of the previous post and I am also a fan of Lost so can compare the 2 shows. For some reason I got the feeling that like Lost something unexpected and amazing is going to happen that nobody at all could have guessed.

I do believe that we will see Sylar's father again and if he manages to get the healing ability he will be much like what we all expected him to be and could be involved in a good story arc.

With regards with Sylar going to Danko's house is mostly because of what his father said to him. His father said that like him Sylar just keeps running away. After his meeting with his father Sylar decides that he is not going to run anymore and so decides to make a stand and go visit the main man behind the hunting of those with abilities.

About some old characters I got a good theory that Micah is rebel it would make seance considering Micah's power is to interact with electronic devices. Remember why Matt didint explode?

We may come across some of those characters who we have not seen for a while as they should also be on the run.

I also agree with pretty much everything Lizzy said. I watch it but it is getting to a point where I don't care because nothing happens and there is no clear storyline. It just keeps going around and around with Nathan, Mrs. P, Noah and the am I good, am I bad stuff. There was so much potential when Peter, Matt, Mohinder and Hiro joined up to fight big bad Nathan and then that whole thing sort of faded away. They need to get a good plot that involves everyone that gives watchers tidbits and flashes into what might happen so that people can imagine that it is actually going somewhere!

• 2 weeks later...

i had thought Rebel may have been Micah but also...

in the first series there was the girl that contacted Ted via the internet with her mind... i dont remember what happend to her. Did she die? If not she could be rebel couldnt she?