Who saw what Kristen and her Dad said about Twilight on Perez!? :o

suzanne

Omg who saw what Kristen Stewart and her Dad (K-stew and papa-stew as he calls them!) said (according to Perez Hilton) on his site!?

The first, which was the furthest article back (these are all copied from the site):-

"Anywhere we'd go for Twilight was a psychotic situation. The sound was deafening, and it's thoughtless, as well… You get a slew of all these bulls*** questions like, 'What's it like to kiss a vampire?' and 'How much do you love Robert?' Then you'll get one that's actually real, but you're like, 'No, I can't right now, I can't even consider [it]."

The second:-

When asked why his daughter wasn't presenting at the Oscars along co-star R-Patz, K-Stew's father, John Stewart (not Jon, the Daily Show host), responded she would present "When it's a great movie, not just one that makes a lot of money."

and the third was:-

The Twilight star has contemplated the effect of her departure from the movie series, bragging, "It would be so easy for me to send so many hundreds of girls into such a frenzy by saying I want no part of any future [Twilight] movies."

What do ya thinks!? I find myself wondering y she even audtioned after all this! lol

Firstly, Perez Hilton is a media scumbag who twists everything that anyone says to suit himself. :angry:

Secondly, if you read between the lines, it basically says that Kristen is only human & getting asked the same questions every time would test the patience of a saint, let alone an actress of her current popularity... I know I'd get P.O'd if the press kept asking me how much I loved my co-star. ;)

Her decision not to present at the Oscars was exactly that, HER DECISION, but again, Perez has made up some crappy comment from her dad to make everyone think she thinks she is above everyone else... & let's face it, honestly, Twilight WASN'T Oscar material. :P

I am not even going to comment on the third bit, because she has signed for the whole franchise anyway, so it is null & void. ;)

Edited by Starbuck73

Hmm.

I think her Dad maybe should stop giving the press quotes on Kristen's behalf.

I'm having a bit of a 180 when it comes to KStew - at first I was pretty pissed off at the anti-Twilight sentiment coming from her camp, but when you look at it - its not like she's a Twilight fan who got a part in the movie - she's an ACTRESS who got a role, just like any other. I think the amount of crazy questions and general hysteria coming from Twifans is enough to make even the sanest person feel a bit crazy and at the end of the day I think people forget she only turned 18 near the end of filming of the first major film she's done! Not dissing any of her previous work, just saying that none of her films have got nearly the amount of recognitions/fans/press whatver you want to call it that Twilight has.

To me, I still am not a fan of the way she delivered a couple of her lines, but she has done a very good job and played the part of her character as well as anybody else on that cast but because she hasn't delivered the usual "My fans are awesome.." lines in interviews people think she just doesn't care. She's not playing the media game the way it seems to be done usually, but that doesn't make her any less honest than anyone else who might be saying all the right things.

THAT SAID - as an actress your fanbase is pretty important so its not a good idea to be outwardly hateful of them, but she herself hasn't really said anything that bad!

I think she hasn't handle fame the right way, I mean some of the things she has said are abit out of line but I'm sure her agent and managers have told her that! I think she does need to give her fans abit more credit she should have known what she was going into and I'm sure its stressful and crazy for her but you dont see the other actors behaving the way she does

Here we go again :P

PerezHilton is just a bitchy old media whore who cares more about his own publicity than anyone elses. He's like a younger version of Ted Casablanca from E!.

People need to get over themselves and realise Kristen isn't Bella. She's not in love with Rob. She is an actress doing her job. She doesn't have to like every movie she does - she needs to eat like the rest of us. Personally, I think she's been incredibly polite about people considering the stupidly dumb questions she keeps getting asked. How would you all like it if someone asked you if you were in love with your colleague 20 times a day?

If you see an interview with her that's a little bit different to the norm, she's much more relaxed and open.

To be honest, if those quotes are true, I totally understand what she says, and I don't see where it's hurtful for the fans ...

It's true that if she leaves the Twilight set, we would all be sent in such a frenzy... When there were gossips about Taylor not being re-casted it was already madness. If it was Kristen, I can't imagine what it would be :P

It's true that Twilight is not The Movie. It's a nice movie, but well that's it. And now it's mainly considered as a movie that gets lots of money.

And for the first quote, well, I agree too. Kristen and Robert always fot the same stupid questions over and over, with only a few interesting, and wherever they went, it was really crazy.

I'm a fan, but I would never be hurt by those quotes.

Guys, i'm sorry if this annoyed any of you, thats honestly wasn't my intention, i just wanted to see what everyone thought about it, hence why i also said "according to perez".

Apologies again if i've caused any offence x

Edited by suzanne

If she said the last thing...well that's pretty bad. I get she's uncomfortable with all the attention but unfortunately it comes as part of the job!!! I am trying to like her, it's just hard sometimes when you hear stuff like this. I watched an interview with her on Youtube, think it was the Regis & Kelly one and she wasn't just uncomfortable she was also slightly rude. I just think it's unecessary.

• Moderators

I understand the curiosity with celebrity news sites, I really do. Don't get me wrong, I'll read news now and then, but I don't really take much of it seriously. Especially stuff that criticises them, which is often what it's about.

All too often, celebs can be taken out of context, or held in a far higher regard than they should be. Expectations are too high I think. In the end, they're still human even if they are famous!

I can't imagine how I'd feel if I were in something like Twilight. On the one hand, I'd absolutely love the passion and the support, and I'd be very grateful. But there's certainly a side of it that would scare the crap outta me! Some people just don't have a sensible division in their mind between the fiction and the fact.

If she said the last thing...well that's pretty bad. I get she's uncomfortable with all the attention but unfortunately it comes as part of the job!!! I am trying to like her, it's just hard sometimes when you hear stuff like this. I watched an interview with her on Youtube, think it was the Regis & Kelly one and she wasn't just uncomfortable she was also slightly rude. I just think it's unecessary.

A lot of very shy people can come across as being cold and distant and even inpolite - not everyone is able to be bubbly on cue and it's been very hard for her to be pushed into being a media dolly. Most of the press for Twilight has been focused around the most idiotic questions so I can understand her thinking "what on earth am I doing here? This is a decent little movie with a respected indie director from a best-selling novel and yet all you want to know is what kissing Rob is like". Some people just don't suffer fools as gladly as others - she's not learnt to play the media game yet.

I don't see what's bad about her saying that she could throw fans into a frenzy by not making the other movies. It's completely true. Now if she added "and I might quit, just for fun" I would agree that would be mean. But somehow funny. What irks me is that Rob is often as awkward as Kristen in interviews, and he comes out with some equally blunt opinions, but everyone just says" Rob's so funny - he always says the wrong thing" or "Rob's so awkward, I just want to hug him". Kristen does the same and people think she's an ungrateful bitch. It's so unfair.

Edited by timpe

A lot of very shy people can come across as being cold and distant and even inpolite - not everyone is able to be bubbly on cue and it's been very hard for her to be pushed into being a media dolly. Most of the press for Twilight has been focused around the most idiotic questions so I can understand her thinking "what on earth am I doing here? This is a decent little movie with a respected indie director from a best-selling novel and yet all you want to know is what kissing Rob is like". Some people just don't suffer fools as gladly as others - she's not learnt to play the media game yet.

I don't see what's bad about her saying that she could throw fans into a frenzy by not making the other movies. It's completely true. Now if she added "and I might quit, just for fun" I would agree that would be mean. But somehow funny. What irks me is that Rob is often as awkward as Kristen in interviews, and he comes out with some equally blunt opinions, but everyone just says" Rob's so funny - he always says the wrong thing" or "Rob's so awkward, I just want to hug him". Kristen does the same and people think she's an ungrateful bitch. It's so unfair.

omg so true! i said that in a thread about bella/kristen lovers thingy. exactly the same, how rob can act pretty much the same as kristen in manner and he gets barely any critisism but kristen can act shy and offhand and shes classed as a biatch! seriously... you guys need to get things into perspective! :D

Edited by Edwardsbackupgirl

I think everyone should leave her alone. She has been misquoted in loads of interviews, this is a comment she REALLY made recently...

““I love the Twilight fans. I have literally never said anything remotely negative about them,†she told us…You have to stay away from certain key words that can be twisted in a negative connotation. Like the word ‘psychotic’ apparently is really bad,†she said, provoking laughter around the table.

This is were the quote is from:

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/news...id/11169/tcid/1

And this is a video of her actually saying similar words!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPtuQN2BjSE

The third part sounds like something I'd say if I were KStew, as a joke. Everyone forgets that even though it's probably been taken out of context, she's still an 18 year old. She's a teenager. Personally, I find the funny side of that quote. The hysteria that would ensue if she were to suddenly pull the plug on her playing Bella would be so extreme!

As for Perez Hilton. Anyone that reads that site should remain aware that he is just a bully taking things out on people via the internet and it's media. He spends a lot of his time on Twitter being vicious as well. -shrugs-

Ah...the wonderful Perez Bull crap Hilton! He's such a lame twit!

Look I think Kristen has her faults but really, I think Summit would have issues with some of those comments is they were even slightly true! Gossip sites crack me up!

• 2 weeks later...