The stupidest thing you've ever done.

ilovejohnbarrowman

I walked into a lampost once, I spent half a minute wondering what had happened and starting laughing. It was a good job it was 4am and not many people were about! :D

And I only had ten pints!:lol:

Actually forget that, I slipped over and hit my face on the floor last night. Plenty of bruising but i'm more concerned about the chipped tooth!

Just hope it goes down for CM Midlands next week, or else I might cry it off!

Edited by cyberdrunk

This might not be the stupidest thing I've ever done but I told this story to someone else yesterday so thought I'd post it here.

I was carrying a few glasses (the ones you drink out of) and one slipped out of my hand and fell, while still having hands full of glasses I tried to catch it! :YAHOO: So my hand (holding glasses) smashed into this falling glass and into the wall next to me = ouch + blood splatter up the wall :YAHOO:

Walked into a lampost and cut my head open,zipped a girls hair up into my coat,called Carrie Fisher "Leia" at a signing as i was THAT nervous,knocked over a wall unit full of antique collectables,jumped over a wall i thought had a small drop but didnt,got knocked over by a Rolls Royce...................

I've done hundreds of stupid things. I ask lots of stupid questions as well, lol. I have plenty of accidents that end up in my hurting/bruising/scarring myself.

I have a scar on my arm which was when I leant over to reach for some water to put in the iron whilst I still had the iron in my other hand. For some stupid reason, as a reached across with my arm I moved it straight against the iron and burnt myself.

One of the most recent stupid things was when I was on the phone to a friend. She was phoning me from her home phone as she had lost her mobile, and I said to her "Actually, I don't know where my mobile phone is either..." I started looking for it and started to worry until she laughed and said "Lauren, you're using your mobile phone now to talk to me." That was embarrassing AND stupid, LOL.

But I walk into things quite a lot. I work at a garden centre and on my first day I walked into a wheelbarrow that was leaning up against about 10 others. I knocked the first one over which had a domino effect on all the rest and it made this massive noise and everyone in the shop turned to look at me. Not good, LOL.

Edited by Laurenx

for me it was when i went to the british museum and i was in a quiet room and i walked into the glass display!

Mann they keep them clean!

Ah I did something similar years and years ago, my dad had walked out of a glass door and closed it behind him, it was so clean I didn't know it was shut and I ran into the door and got my first nosebleed ever lol.

At a BBQ a fair few years ago, a family friend was pretty drunk and he went into the house to get a pint and someone thought it would be funny to close the patio door. He was on his way back outside with a pint in each hand and he walked straight into the door, and the two pints went straight onto the floor LOL. It was the funniest thing.

Edited by Laurenx

Ah, the good old 'walking into a glass door' trick. I managed to do that at a friend's birthday party. Her entire family were sitting inside the living room and saw me do it. Not my finest moment.

However, without a doubt, the stupidest thing I've ever done was when I came in after a late night and went to make a cup of tea. I was staring at the steam coming out of the kettle, and I suddenly thought: "... I wonder how hot that is?". Naturally, I decided to check for myself by putting my palm over the kettle spout. I was going to give an "in my defence..." here, before I realised there really is no defence for being that catastrophically dumb.

"... I wonder how hot that is?"

I always wondered that with Bunsen burners while at school lol, I never held my hand in the flame though :P

All of these recent stupid things keep reminding me of stupid things I've done, here's another...

When I was very young I found a piece of plastic (you know the plastic stringy things that attach labels to clothes), anyway I found one of those and a lighter, I decided to find out what would happen if I was to burn it. The plastic melted really fast (duh) and melted into/onto my skin, I remember it being painful and having a white melted plastic area on my hand for a while.

This is going to take a while...

Well, there's getting my head stuck to a metal pole last year, I was running in from PE and my hair got stuck to the wet garage paint..I was stuck for about 10 minutes and had to miss the whole of lunch getting the paint washed out. You can still see my hair stuck in the paint xD

Then there's the every-day falling up stairs.. I don't know how I do it.

When I was younger I fell off a seesaw, it came back and hit me in the face,knocking out my two front teeth.

Oh, and once me and my friend were baking cakes, and put those little pearly decoration balls inside the cakes.. and halfway through baking thought it would make them explode so we ran down the street with oven gloves and aprons on in our bare feet screaming "THE HOUSE IS GOING TO EXPLODEEE!"

I've got many many more, but this'll do :P

Don't know if it counts as the most stupid thing I've ever done, but....

This was many years ago when I was still a schoolkid and the Routemaster type buses were still in operation. It was about to pull away from the bus stop on a duel carriageway and I ran (no mean feat for me!) and thankfully jumped onto the platform just as it was leaving. All well and good. However whilst rejoicing in the fact I wouldn't have to wait ages for the next one my hand slipped and I fell backwards off the bus and onto the floor. Bloody thing didn't even stop to see if I was ok either. Thankfully no damage, except to my ego :D

Thinks hard through embarassing life moments . . .

1. There was the time i missread the Crossword "John lenons WIDOW" as "John Lennons WINDOW" - so i wrote "Anglian" - Then wondered why the rest didn't fit :P

2. At the age of about 10 (ish) before grasping the concept of "flame Grilled" i glanced into the kitchen and in complete shock and panic stood up in the middle of the restaurant and shouted "THE BURGERS ARE ON FIRE"

I'm just quite embarassing realy :D