Costume Progress

carnosoul

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool :smile: where did you get it

I ended up getting it from Amazon. It came to either £15-20 in the shops, or £6.50 with free postage online. I think I made a good choice :D

I think i remember seeing it on amazon you did indeed make a good choice ;)

I completely forgot about the cosplay; I was too caught up with my new Marine gear! Plus I used my Fallout Vault Dweller costume at CM:MK.

So this is the saturday before the con, day 1 of a new costume build. Lets see how this shapes up! :smile:

Ah another 10th doctor I see!

Haha, well, 10 is my favourite Doc :)

Oooh yay 2 doctors! (Although one of you could be the hand-doctor, I suppose!) I must find you when I'm in donna-gear.

Hehe, well I don't know if I will be cosplaying... I'll be at a stall promoting my series, Night is Day, so come and say hello!

cool, a 10th doctor! Looks like my captain jack stuff will indeed be done, so will have to look out for you if I end up using it.

We're not entering the comp either, we just like having a laugh wandering about dressed up- plus never seen the comp before, so would rather watch this time and maybe enter next time if I feel brave enough. We'll be in Stargate Atlantis gear on at least one of the days, the other hasn't fully been decided :)

Good luck with your costume Boltrig! A week to go doesn't give you much time!

We're not entering the comp either, we just like having a laugh wandering about dressed up- plus never seen the comp before, so would rather watch this time and maybe enter next time if I feel brave enough. We'll be in Stargate Atlantis gear on at least one of the days, the other hasn't fully been decided :)

Same here! I'm pretty much dressing up for my own amusement. Plus I didn't even make any of mine so it would hardly be fair.

I'm sure I've talked to yuo before about this series, many moons ago. I can't remember why...

Maybe you have :) We've been to a few conventions but this year it's all kicking off with series 2 in post production and series 1 on DVD.

It'll be in my MySpace somewhere... depending on how ored I am later I'll see if it's still there. This would be my first Scottish (well, British) event.

Seems to be a lot of people dropping out. How are numbers looking for the actual contest, Turkfox?

@Kelspook, last minute rush jobs are what I do :angel:

No one has actually bothered to pre-register. I always advice people to pre-register and they don't listen, then they don't bring reference pictures on the day and I have to turn them away. Also, when people don't pre-register, I have to faff around with music when I could be out spreading the word to get more entrants or audience!

So, if you're entering on the day, please bring your reference picture and please bring your music on a CD or memory stick, or hang around long enough to choose something from my music! One Superman cosplayer at London nearly had to go on to Great Balls of Fire until he remembered to give me his music! :wub:

ComwWhite, if you're serious, email me at that address I gave a couple of posts up.

And on the subject of late costumes - there's one I hope to wear one of the days, and I've just started it. xD

Edited by TurkFox

That said when I entered my Vault 101 costume at CM:MK I think I was one of the only folk to bring a refrence photo, so I assumed you didnt need one. Shall duly conjour one up.

I wasn't there at MK (if you mean CM15 - before that, I didn't run cosplay) so it was probably just an oversight by the person filling in for me. However, it's stated in the rules in the cosplay section on the forum. Luckily, I have a lot of video game and film pictures on my laptop which I take with me, but there's a lot I don't have, especially anime and manga, which is where I can't help the entrants without pictures and have to turn them away.