Comic Relief

owlpost1992

Thanks for starting this thread, owlpost. I was wondering about what we could do for Comic Relief, too. Like Blaid Drwg, I think I'll be sporting a rednose or a button, at the very least. It would be pretty neat to see a sea of Red Noses at the Con, LOL :clap:

Thanks for starting this thread, owlpost. I was wondering about what we could do for Comic Relief, too. Like Blaid Drwg, I think I'll be sporting a rednose or a button, at the very least. It would be pretty neat to see a sea of Red Noses at the Con, LOL :cheesface:

Maybe they could do a play like last time with a comic relief twist like "attack of the red nose who wants the earths money" maybe lol

Just an idea

I reckon we should defiantly do something for comic relief, it is on the Friday, have a bucket going around collecting loose change, every little helps, could get a few activities going, yeah it is the credit crunch but everyone can spare some change.

Get some change off the guests as well sure they would help. Maybe we could do something in the auction, auction something off and some of it goes to comic relief, how brill would that be.

Unless this is something organised by Showmasters I imagine people are going to be pretty wary of just handing over cash to a random attendee. Most people are kind and wonderful and genuine - but there are plenty of people who are just out to rip others off.

Maybe it would be a better idea to try and get one item in the auction auctioned for Comic Relief. Possibly something fan generated?

Unless this is something organised by Showmasters I imagine people are going to be pretty wary of just handing over cash to a random attendee. Most people are kind and wonderful and genuine - but there are plenty of people who are just out to rip others off.

I was about to say something similar.

If you're planning to do something like this, please contact Massive Events and get their approval first.

Maybe it would be a better idea to try and get one item in the auction auctioned for Comic Relief. Possibly something fan generated?

Hence my question. I couldn't work out whether the original poster(s) were planning to arrange it or expecting SM/ME to. I'd personally rather put money in the buckets that are bound to be around the town centre and in the main shops!

Just seen one of the comic relief adverts and i reckon a swear box would work so well at the guest talks, the times gareth and folk would be swearing, gareth especially, i mean everyoneswears a lot all the time and that would easily get some money in it, and it is a fun idea.

like they are wanting this year, do somehting funny for comic relief

Just seen one of the comic relief adverts and i reckon a swear box would work so well at the guest talks, the times gareth and folk would be swearing, gareth especially, i mean everyoneswears a lot all the time and that would easily get some money in it, and it is a fun idea.

Steff!!!!!! You're going to make me broke! Especially if we watch the rugby!!!!!!

I Work for Rymans That are Sponcering Comic Relief, And I Can Bring My Offical Comic Relief Bucket from work which i will empty at work before Hand will that will be ok with Showmasters and then i can post up after the Event how much was sponcered over the Weekend and proof that all the money in the bucket went to the Comic Relief Fund if needed.

xxx

How Does that Sound ??

OMG Gareth would probably be giving back his wage LOL, What about auctioning a kiss from him :smile: OK im dreaming but i think the swear box would be really funny.

Hey I was wondering if we could have some collection buckets over the weekend because it coincides with the charity event?:YAHOO:

That's a great idea.. I have to say that I'm usually doing something for Comic Relief but this year haven't organised anything because of health issues. With all those people in one room it'd be a brilliant location to get some well needed funds for the charity.

Carole

And who's going to pay for the hire of the Karaoke machine? And set it up? Or look after the money raised in such a way that people had supreme confidence that it wasn't simply ending up paying the collectors drinks bill all weekend? Also I imagine the take up for charity Karaoke would be pretty small unless a guest is involved.

Personally if I want to donate to Comic Relief I'll donate to Comic Relief I don't need to donate through the convention but if its something people want to do then why not produce something fan generated (art, story etc) and see if Jason would be willing to have it as an auction item?

Or.......you could just donate to Comic Relief?

If you want to donate then donate. They'll be lots and lots of opportunities for you to do so in the coming weeks.

But the logistics of organising a collection for charity at an event where Massive Events have a 101 other things to is troublesome and unfortunately we do not live in a world where people are going to have enough faith in a random fan to give them their money.

Persephone's not the only one to think like this - I stated earlier in the thread that I'd be donating to 'official' places rather than some random person in a hotel with a bucket which may or may not be kept securely and may or may not be banked correctly. Have SM responded yet? You're only going to realistically get people donating if the collections are run by SM crew and they obviously have other things to do over the weekend.

And it's not a case of being selfish, it's a case of not laying yourself open to being ripped off or, even worse, ME/SM getting abuse because they've allowed someone random to collect cash at an event that then goes missing.