Group Photoshoot?

Lizzy

Hey, was just wondering if there's any plans for a group shoot with the main cast? Would be too good a moment to miss!

I can't remember what the deal was with the other cons... is the group shoot only available for Gold pass holders, or is there an option for standard to buy one too? As that may decide which ticket I get!

Fankooo xxx

• Moderators

If you look in the store at what the passes include, there's no Group Photo Shoot available in any of them.

Basically they're being phased out of events (according to a post in Hub 2) so it would seem like they won't be on offer anymore anywhere.

If you look in the store at what the passes include, there's no Group Photo Shoot available in any of them.

Basically they're being phased out of events (according to a post in Hub 2) so it would seem like they won't be on offer anymore anywhere.

It would be great to get a Group Photo Shoot - especially as chances for a Red Dwarf group will get harder and harder in the future.

They only have 1 more to go....

• Moderators

Well I'm only going by what was said in another topic - that there'd been problems previously, and so they weren't going to do them anymore.

As they're not included in the Gold Pass, I would imagine that means they're not doing them.

Aw :thumbup:

Would be nice to hear what SM say about it though.... I'd really like to book my ticket soon n this could mean gold or silver for me, and prob lotsa other people!

Maybe its a diff situation cos SM have worked with them all lots and it'd be easier to get done?

A group photo would definitely convince me to buy a ticket. I've met all the cast before and had individual photos with each, so I probably wouldn't even go for any photo sessions (except maybe the ones I didn't get "professional" photos with), but a group shot would be a dream come true. It's also the one convention that's crying out for it. All the other conventions have various actors from various points in the shows run, or spin-off shows, but Red Dwarf has a core cast that held every episode together. The show was about those 4/5 characters. So to have them all together in one location and not do a group photo would be the saddest missed oppurtunity ever.

Perhaps it's been tricky scheduling it before, or getting everyone to turn up for it, but as has been said, they have all been to these events plenty of times before so perhaps it would be a bit easier?

• Moderators

You don't really need to wait for them to book your ticket - the passes offer exactly what it says in the store, so even if they were to consider a Group Shot it'd be something additional in the end anyway.

Gold or Silver, a group shot isn't included.

Really need to know now that Danny had been announced!!

Maybe a mod can humour me and add to the title "FAO SM:" ? Pretty please with a cherry ontop??

xx

Edited by Lizzy

• Moderators

Just to back up the original suggestion that they've been stopped, this is from the ET con today:

just wondered if there was any chance of a group photo will all the guests? im guessing not but it worth finding out if theres a chance

Due to them being a legistical nightmare it was decided not to have them anymore. Sorry.

I don't mean to sound like I'm stirring but how comes it's so hard? they do it at other cons eg Stargate ones every time (I guess this is more of a retorical Q-I'm not realling expecting an answer :lol:)

I realise that people blink it photos so they have to take a few and it could take a while and they have to get all the guests there at the same time and stuff but this is quite possibily the first and last time the ENTIRE MAIN CAST of Red Dwarf will be at the same convention!!!! :D

that and the fact that alot of fans will have met some if not all of the cast at signing shows and maybe the Official RD con over the years and probs already have individual photos :wub: maybe they could just do a cast one instead? :D heeheehee!!!

(I do realise that is impractical as they've already announced individual photo shoots and sold them, I'm just dreaming :D )

surfy sah xx

Sorry to disagee folks.

I Have worked at an event where there was a grop shot, it's difficult to sort all the partys involved to be in the one place at the one time. then you have the people that missed the shoot for what ever reason. Then you have to get all the quests to agree to come back for the shoot. It can be a nightmare.

I guess it's easier at the cons I been to and worked at cause it is not done by ticket eg at SM/ME cons and Chev, ALL gold pass holders get this photo so that's 100 or 150 people to get through

perhaps if it was sold sepparately it would be easier cause there would be less people? :P

not to sound cruel but say if it was £50 or so for group shot, that will price some people out straight away so there will be less people :P

if it's done as the last photoshoot before lunch too it means attendees are not missing out cause it's lunch and then if there are talks after lunch, some actors would still get a break like if each guest or 2 at a time just did 30mins that way all the guests would get an hour's break (working on the theory there are currently 6 guests) even if the photo shoot over ran :YAHOO:

:D :D

surfy sah xx

• Showmasters Admin

Sah,

You'll be seeing Mark and Jason at Chevron 7.2, please feel free to ask them there. They can then explain to you why they have decided to NOT have one at the other events. At the end of the day it's their events and they have decided it's too much hassle.

Stuart.

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

sorry I was just trying to suggest how it could work

if it is final that there will not be a Red Dwarf cast shot then I shall stop talking about it :poki:

surfy sah xx

I understand that I'm not having a go :poki:

I'm just suggesting that as you have access to the people that make the decision that you talk directly to them rather than suggesting things on here that may not be possible. There can be issues that even our crew are not aware of that mean somethings are just not possible. These are sometimes things that can not be discussed on an open forum. You'll get a better and instant response talking to them at the event.

It's not a final no. There maybe an exception for this event. I have not discussed it with Mark or Jason.

Edited by Too Tall

wow I am so bad at reading you these days! it's not the first time I've misunderstood you lately!!! :D

maybe I will speak to Mark and Jason but I don't think Mark knows who I am? plus, knowing how well I phrase these things, as evident!!!!!, I will probably say it wrong!! ;)

I have a few ideas about Chev and BTL but not sure it's my place to say it to them eep!

surfy sah xx

• Showmasters Admin

It's always hard to get over inflection in text only. So no worries.

I can introduce you to Mark if needs be, or if you want you can go over the stuff with me and I'll talk to them about it. If you have ideas for Chev and BTL then they'l be interested to hear them.

PS: Check you hotmail account :D